***Aquila - Official Town Thread***

Discussion in 'Historically Archived Towns/Nations & Evictions.' started by Falconaire, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,416
    [​IMG]
    Aquila

Table of Contents

I. Description
    II. Rules
    III. Benefits
    IV. Points of Interest
    V. Housing
    VI. Jobs
    VII. Staff
    VIII. Complaints/Suggestions
    IX. Town Members List

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I. Description

Aquila is a beautiful medieval city in which you will not only be able to farm, but be be accepted into a unique community full of friendly members and unparalleled experiences. Simply walking through the streets of Aquila gives you a feeling of awe and respect.

Aquila is completely pre-built by myself, incorporating houses of a cramped 10x10 nature to looming mansions that will make you stop each time you pass! Though Aquila is more than just a pre-built town, what REALLY makes it special is the bond found between every member and the town. You can own a Market Stall and sell your goods to other players. Within the town there is also a unique "Jobs" section, in which you'll be able to do tasks for the town that profit both you and the town itself. You can also apply for a leadership position within the town, all co-mayors are proven residents that are dedicated to helping fellow members! Perhaps the most unique feature within Aquila is the Points of Interest (POI) system; If you think you're an exceptional architect, you may receive permission from me to build a POI that will be showcased and rewarded with a large sum of ECD's. POI builders also receive a spot in the "Town Hall of Fame"! If all this sounds interesting, I invite you to read on! I promise that you won't regret it!

II. Rules
    1. No Griefing other members' or town property.
    2. Respect all town members
    3. No above ground farms without authorization from Falconaire
    4. You will be kicked from the town without warning for a full week of inactivity. Comment on this thread if you're going on vacation or will be unable to reach your computer to avoid this.
    5. Do not alter any of the exterior of your property unless given permission from Falconaire. This is in order to maintain the beauty of the town.
    6. Town Staffs' word is law in Aquila, disobey and risk a kick.
    7. I reserve the right to kick you if I feel you are not properly committed to the town, while it is not a requirement, I do not want you to be a stranger to our chat channel (/ch aquila), everyone on the channel is super friendly, and we welcome new members. If you are not using your house or dropping by the town in general, I will remove you from the town and give your house to more active members.
    8. The most important rule of course is to HAVE FUN :D

III. Benefits

I've already given you the general outline of what Aquila is about, but here are some of the legitimate, no bs, features everyone on the town receives. If you have perms within the town, you qualify for all of the following:
    1. By joining Aquila, you will receive a build that is completely unique, and has never been replicated. (90% of builds in Aquila are designed by myself) This means you will own something truly special within ECC.
    2. We have a Town Portal, giving you easy and consistent access to the town. You won't have to waste a /sethome or constantly have to wait for me to TP you to the town (though I can if you prefer this method). The Portal can be easily located on the 3rd floor, Redstone row, in the town portal room. If you need more help finding it, the members of Aquila will be eager to help you.
    3. I personally offer free access to erepairs, anvil combos, water, pyro, and TP services, all completely free. You will also be given priority over other players on ECC. Just be sure to ask nicely!
    4. You have access to an interactive and consistent job system weekly! You can make a minimum of 1k every week for doing small work for the town! Check out section VI. "Jobs" for more info.
    5. Lastly, you have the town itself, I've never met such a diverse group of people in age, gender, and rank, who've come together in one common interest. Every one of these members are friendly, and are always willing to help those in need.

IV. Points of Interest

A large part of the town is POI's. POI's offer town members the chance to show off their creativity and improve the town, as well as receive some pretty awesome rewards. In order to get a POI approved, you must first contact me on the forums. In your PM fill out the miniature application to provide a clear message! (Shown Below) Keep in mind, POI's are highly competitive, and if the build doesn't meet the standards of Aquila, you will be politely asked to take it down, no matter how long you've spent working on it. Before asking for clearance to build a POI, please consider whether you actually have the skills to make a high caliber build. But, if your POI is acceptable, you will receive 15,000 ECD's as a reward, have your POI showcased in this thread, and receive a spot in the "Town Hall of Fame".

POI Application Format

Username:
    Your POI Idea:
    Desired Location of POI Site in the Town (Give Coordinates or Description):
    Do you accept that if your POI does not meet the standards of the town you will be asked to remove your build without a refund?:

Current POI's

Falcon's Point
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Builder: Falconaire
    Falcon's Point is the spawn room of the town, the town rules, portal, ranks, and vaults can be found within this massive keep.

Aquila Market
    [​IMG]
    The market is where all goods circulate within the town. The stalls are in a medieval, rustic style and run by the residents of Aquila.

Town Hall
    [​IMG]
    The town hall is the center of town day to day activities. Meetings and Job chests are found here.

King's Monastery
    [​IMG]
    The town chapel, Sunday mass is held here.

Falcon Manor
    [​IMG]
    Falconaire's personal home, it is always open to visitors and towers over its neighbors.

V. Housing

Possibly the most crucial part of a town is the layout of its structures. In Aquila the town is not just a flat city with square houses mashed together. Each building is built into the landscape. No house is the same, it's always a special experience going through dark alleys or dimly-lit roads to get from place to place.

As I mentioned, all plots are PRE-Built. If you think you are exceptional at building you can contact me and we can talk about having you build your own house, but you will be asked to take it down if it's ugly or doesn't match the style of Aquila. Being as houses in Aquila are all unique, it's difficult to price them. Therefore, each house is put into a tier of either Small, Medium, or Large. More information below.

Small House-750$
    [​IMG]
    Small Houses are generally 10x10 or smaller.

Medium House-1,500$
    [​IMG]
    Medium Houses range from 10x10-20x20, these make up the majority of houses within Aquila.

Large House-5,000$
    [​IMG]
    Large Houses are the premier homes in Aquila and give the owner plenty of room to utilize.

Custom House-Negotiable
    [​IMG]

Custom Houses are builds that you would like me to build for you to suit your needs. They are generally more expensive than Large homes, and therefore the price is usually 15k+, homes for the wealthiest of Residents. If a Custom House is built without your direction, it will only cost 10k.

There is no personal farms above ground, however, small plants to increase the decoration of you home are allowed. This being said, you may create a private, underground farm so long as it stays within the boundaries of your plot, the maximum depth of these farms is y:20, anything lower and you'll be fined. In addition, any alterations to the exterior of your house will be punished.

VI. Jobs

Aquila holds numerous job opportunities, consistent from week to week. Each job is paid weekly on Sunday so long as the required work is completed. If you fall short of the expectations of your job you will not be paid, two weeks in a row of this and you will be either demoted or fired from your job. This does not mean you cannot continue your job in the future, but you will have a one week suspension period in which you may not carry out any tasks for a cash reward. Exceptions in regards to vacation, grounding, etc. can be made. If you would like a job, simply contact Falconaire or the head of the particular profession you'd like to join. They will give you your first task and a deposit box within the Town Hall. Deposit boxes are simply a chest/double chest (depending on your job/rank) that you will store the items you've obtained for your job to be collected at the end of the week by the Head of your profession. Below I have listed each of the available professions.
    Profession: Builder
    Entry Level Rank: Builder
    Pay: 2.5k
    Requirements: There are flexible, depending on the current town project. It can be anything from building 2 houses or 50 blocks of the town wall.
    Description: Builders have on of the more entertaining jobs; they're in charge of building homes, walls, etc. A builder is usually a low skilled worker who copies designs of other builds and replicates them.

Tier 2: Architect
    Pay: 3k
    Promotion Method: In order to be promoted from "Builder" to "Architect" you must display a design approved by the Head Builder and Falconaire, this could be a house design, park layout, fountain, etc. You must then apply your build into the town.
    Requirements- Architects must submit 1 build design to either the Head Architect or Falconaire each week. This build does not have to be implemented into the town, but screenshots of all sides are required. Generally Builders will be given these screenshots to be built within the town. Architects are expected to supervise Builders as to make sure they are accurately building structures.

Final Rank: Head Architect
    Pay: 10k
    Promotion Method: To become a Head Architect you must apply on the Leadership Application thread (coming soon). You must already be an architect before applying.
    Requirements: None provided, these will be told you privately by Falconaire.
    Description: The Head Architect is a Staff Position within the town. This means Head Architect is more than just a job; you will be helping the town through service, your actions should be done with the town in mind, not your own personal interest. The main benefit of being Head Architect in addition to a large pay raise is your promotion to Co-Mayor within the town. The HA is expected to assign projects and handle promotions alongside Falconaire. The HA will also report to Falconaire on who qualifies for their weekly pay. The HA is also expected to report to the mayors weekly in the staff meeting about current projects and promotions. (More information about the staff meetings in the "Staff" section)
    Profession: Miner
    Entry Level: Stone Miner
    Pay: 1k
    Requirements: Fill a singular chest full of cobblestone in your deposit box in the town hall.
    Description: The job of a Stone Miner is simple, you collect cobblestone to be used on town projects like walls/houses.

Tier 2: Ore Miner
    Pay: 2k
    Promotion Method: In order to be promoted from "Stone Miner" to "Ore Miner", you must fill a double chest worth of cobble in the course of one week.
    Requirements: Ore Miners are required to collect 3 Diamonds, 128 Iron Ore, and 128 Coal each week to be placed inside their deposit box within the town hall.

Final Rank: Head Miner
    Pay: N/a
    Promotion Method: To become a Head Miner you must apply on the Leadership Application thread. You must already be an Ore Miner before applying.
    Description: The Head Miner is a Staff Position within the town. This means Head Miner is more than just a job; you will be helping the town through service, your actions should be done with the town in mind, not your own personal interest. The main benefit of being Head Miner is your promotion to Co-Mayor within the town. The HM is expected to collect from deposit boxes and handle promotions alongside Falconaire. The HM will also report to Falconaire on who qualifies for their weekly pay. The HM is also expected to report to the mayors weekly in the staff meeting about current miners and promotions. (More information about the staff meetings in the "Staff" section)
    Profession: Farmer
    Entry Level: Farmer
    Pay: 1k
    Requirements: Fill up a single chest worth of any crop.
    Description: Farmers collect any sort of crop in order to feed other workers within the town. These crops can come from either your own personal farm or the public town farm.

Tier 2: Senior Farmer
    Pay: 2k
    Promotion Method: In order to be promoted from "Farmer" to "Senior Farmer", you must completely fill a double chest full of any crop within the course of a week.
    Requirements: Each week you must fill a double chest completely with any crop.
    Description: Senior Farmers collect any sort of crop in order to feed other workers within the town. These crops can come from either your own personal farm or the public town farm.

Final Rank: Head Farmer
    Promotion Method: To become a Head Farmer you must apply on the Leadership Application thread. You must already be a Senior Farmer before applying.
    Description: The Head Farmer is a Staff Position within the town. This means Head Farmer is more than just a job; you will be helping the town through service, your actions should be done with the town in mind, not your own personal interest. The main benefit of being Head Farmer is your promotion to Co-Mayor within the town. The HF is expected to collect crops from deposit boxes and handle promotion alongside Falconaire. The HF will also report to Falconaire on who qualifies for their weekly pay. The HF is also expected to report to the mayors weekly in the staff meeting about promotions. (More information about the staff meetings in the "Staff" section)
    Profession: Special Tasks
    Job: Terraformer
    Pay: Flexible, depends upon the amount of work done.
    Requirements: Fully complete the task given to you.
    Description: Terraformer is essentially a land-clearer. You will be assigned to clearing a certain amount of land in a defined time limit. Pay is worked out with the Head of Special Tasks and the Terraformer. Unlike other jobs, a Terraformer is not paid weekly, but instead upon completion of their task.

Job: Miscellaneous Worker
    Pay: Flexible, depends upon job and amount of work done.
    Requirements: Fully complete the task given to you.
    Description: A miscellaneous Worker is a job in which you will be asked to do any sort of odd job that hasn't been mentioned before. This could range from mass water placements to a PvP arena designer. Details on your assignment will be given to you by either Falconaire or the Head of Special Tasks. Unlike other jobs, a Miscellaneous Worker is not paid weekly, but instead upon completion of their task.

Job: Chest Organizer
    Pay: 2.5k
    Requirements: Falcon is lazy, he does not enjoy organizing the various items in his chests. Your job is to transfer the mess into neat, organized chests in his basement.
    Description: As a Chest Organizer, you will be responsible to organize the items in Falconaire's chests. This is a job with ultimate trust, and if you break this trust, you will immediately be removed from Aquila and have all authority revoked (Investigator donation feature will be used to see if any stealing has occurred).

Final Rank: Head of Special Tasks
    Promotion Method: To become Head of Special Tasks you must apply on the Leadership application thread. You must either be an Ore Miner or Senior Farmer before applying.
    Description: The Head of Special Tasks is a Staff Position within the town. This means Head of Special Tasks is more than just a job; you will be helping the town through service, your actions should be done with the town in mind, not your own personal interest. The main benefit of being Head of Special Tasks is your promotion to Co-Mayor within the town. The HoST is expected to assign projects alongside Falconaire. The HoST will also report to Falconaire on who qualifies for their pay. The HoST is also expected to report to the mayors weekly in the staff meeting about current projects. (More information about the staff meetings in the "Staff" section)

VII. Staff

Staff within Aquila have all climbed the ladder of employment within the town. They have proven themselves as dedicated residents and are deemed fit to be Co-Mayors in the town. Staff members are required to attend a Staff Meeting on Sunday to discuss new workers, pay, promotions, plots, etc. Staff hold a prestigious position in Aquila but are expected to live up to their titles. They are not only in charge of their profession, but adding/kicking people to the town, selling plots, and checking for inactivity within the town. To apply for Staff, please visit our Leadership Application thread.

VIII. Complaints/Suggestions

I am always welcome to feedback about the town, please PM me or leave a comment in the thread if you have anything to bring to my attention. The continual support Aquila has received since it was released has been truly amazing, and I really couldn't ask for better. Donations are graciously accepted, and you'll receive a permanent appreciation from me and the town in general.

IX. Town Member List

Each of these people are Residents of the town.

Mayors: Falconaire, Mr_Doom_Bringer, williamannin, @nicoviacava1210

Residents (1): @ATWINKIE, @BackToThePast, @benamps, caitlin_crime, crazytaco15, @DiamondDesire, dogred08, dumdum71, EPIC_CHICKEN2, @expoldzibo, FuryFudge, @huntmeister97, jrg5978, kick_me_1235, @lapkingkn, matthew_gruber, MCHelix3000, @Nyancats33, @pat2100 , primzey

That's all for now, I plan on continually updating this thread, my town is nowhere near completion and I will be active on the forums to answer any questions you may have. If you wish to join the town, leave a comment or shoot me a message in-game!

#1 Falconaire, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  2. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    #2 Falconaire, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  3. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Town "Job" Workers

*Note: If you've been paid for the previous week's work, there will be a *Paid* next to your name, if not there will be a *Pending* next to your name, please contact me in-game about receiving your pay if this is the case.

Profession: Miner

Miners:
    @revengeadventure

Ore Miners:
    @expoldzibo

Head Miner:
    Mr_Doom_Bringer

Profession: Farmer

Farmers:
    N/a

Senior Farmers:
    @huntmeister97, @Mr_Doom_Bringer, @ProsperousHobo, @ShanePvP

Head Farmer:
    @williamannin

Profession: Special Tasks

Terraformers:
    xLegend_Killer

Chest Organizer
    N/a

Head of Special Tasks:
    @MIR121, @nicoviacava1210

#3 Falconaire, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  4. SimonSib

SimonSib Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +9
    Looks great Falconaire do I get a house as co-mayor? And also, do I have to go to the meeting on Sundays because I'm usually not around then.

5. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    It has to look exactly like this don't forget.​

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #5 steveshizzle, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  6. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Of course, you'll get a free house :D, the meetings will be a forums conversation, held throughout the day, so you won't need to be actively online.

7. SimonSib

SimonSib Builder

Ratings:
    +9
  8. SimonSib

SimonSib Builder

Ratings:
    +9
    Okay, what size house Falconaire and my pay is 10k a week right btw, I have to say again this is simply amazing!

9. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    10k a week, yep. You'll get a medium house for free, though you can always upgrade!

10. SimonSib

SimonSib Builder

Ratings:
    +9
    Also, who else is co-mayor?

11. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Lol, I shall do my best! *puts on his try hard pants*

12. SimonSib

SimonSib Builder

Ratings:
    +9
  13. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Assuming you're talking about my video, no. It was made by a company called FyreUK. They're British-based but they employ people from all over the world for the sole purpose of making awesome stuff and putting the videos on YouTube. Here's the link to their channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FyreUK Red Rock City's my favorite.

14. SimonSib

SimonSib Builder

Ratings:
    +9
    Okay thx for the clarification

15. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Lol, I remember that video, I was subbed to them when they made it. Gave me some inspiration!

16. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Me too. I saw the train station vid and was like, " I'm gonna make something awesome just like that." So I got started and about 30 mins later said this is bs I quit. Now there's just a sad lonely little hardly built train station on one of my creative maps that's just being completely neglected.

17. MTWK

MTWK Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy a plot/house in Aquila.
    How much $ does it cost?

#17 MTWK, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  18. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    If you check out section IV. Housing, it shows you he different plot sizes; small, medium, and large. The prices are 750$, 1500$, and 2,750$. I'll be on in 45 minutes, I'll PM you then :)

19. MTWK

MTWK Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any town gate?

20. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Yep, there's a town portal in the green row of floor 8!