[Ban Appeal] keens

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by keens, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keens

keens Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft Username: keens

Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name?: Godfather_

Which of ECC's services are you banned on?: Main Server

Reason of Ban: Griefing

Rule violated:

Clause 1 - Griefing

• Grief is defined as breaking or destroying things that do not belong to you, including breaking and replacing things to get to places that otherwise you shouldn't be going (for example, breaking into someone's house.) This can also extend to building things in areas that do not belong to you.
        • Grief is not allowed in protected towns, unless the town owner has decided otherwise. In the event a grief occurs in a non-grief town then a grief report can be filed here: Grief Report and Rollback Request
          • If a town allows grief then all residents must be informed before joining the town.
      • When a grief report is filed, grief is graded on a sliding scale of minor/moderate/major based on the amount and severity of damage done, and is determined based on staff guidelines by the staff member investigating the situation. It is also determined at that time whether the grief is bad enough to warrant a rollback.
      • Grief in the wild is frowned upon, but allowed. Staff will not take any action in the case of wild grief.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means: Breaking/placing blocks on a structure that does not belong to you.

Reason you feel you think you should be unbanned: I was banned on October 13th of 2013 for griefing my friend, dgvdgv. I feel I should be unbanned because I no longer have the mindset I used to: I think griefing is an awful thing to do to someone; if you've spent a lot of time and work on something, having it destroyed is the last thing you need. I would really like to play on this server again.

Thank you for taking the time to read my appeal.

#1 keens, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. BackToThePast

BackToThePast Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,134
    Hello @zynerd,

Before I do your appeal, I ask that you please contact a GameAdmin+ and get your forum name changed into your in-game name by contacting them via forum pm. Upon this change, I will handle your appeal.

3. keens

keens Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
  4. BackToThePast

BackToThePast Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,134
    Hello @keens

I'm glad to see you would like to rejoin our community once again. As you should now be aware, griefing is taken very seriously, and if a user is caught doing so, it is taken into serious consideration. Since you show a sense of remorse and regret for your actions and you have taken so much time off to revise the situation, I will be unbanning you.

However, please keep in mind, that if such behavior continues, it will not be taken so delicately again. I ask that you please re-read our rules here, as much has changed while you were gone. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you in-game! :)

Locked - User unbanned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.