[Ban Appeal]

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by clownprinc98, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clownprinc98

clownprinc98 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +11
    Minecraft Username: clownprinc98

Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name?:nope

Which of ECC's services are you banned on? [Main Server/Teamspeak/Shoutbox - delete as appropriate]:Main Server

Reason of Ban: Auto Cocoa Bean Farming

Rule violated:
    Clause 4 - Third Party Programs, Auto-Clicking, Auto-Farming, etc.
    • EcoCityCraft staff have measures in place to test for users auto-clicking and using third party programs. Users caught auto-clicking, auto-fishing, using an aimbot, or any other distinct advantage to exploit game play will be punished appropriately.
    • Any form of auto money generation, including, but not limited to, auto-farming and auto-fishing, is completely prohibited by any means.
    In this case; I had a cocoa farm setup linked to pressure plates, I had a macromod script that walked onto the pressure plate, then teleported to the farm, and automatically re-planted the beans.

Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means: Do not use 3rd party programs to automate your money-making experience.

Reason you feel you think you should be unbanned: I feel awful about what I have done. I want to express my deepest apologies to the server. At the time of botting I knew what I was doing was wrong; but I did not realise the depth of my actions. I don't expect to come back soon; as the offense I committed was serious, but I do hope to come back soon, so that I can redeem myself in the eyes of the community.

2. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Sorry if this is deemed as irrelevant but I'd like to put it out there anyway...

In the 2000 level McMMo thread I will link below, this user achieved 2000 Herbalism levels first. Judging by the ban reason, I made an assumption that the user may have possibly done some auto-farming to achieve this prestigious award. If that is the case, I, and many other users, who were going for 2000 Herbalism will feel ripped off. It is possible that the user got the levels for 2000 herbalism legitimately, but I'd certainly like it to be double checked somehow. If they did in fact auto-farm for some of those levels, I'd most certainly like a chance for myself, or someone else to legitimately obtain the award and the prize that goes along with it. I may be wrong about this, but it doesn't hurt to double check ;)

http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/level-2000-mcmmo.112573/

Additionally, if you decide this post is irrelevant feel free to PM me in-game or to give this post a warning.

Thanks,
    a18greek18

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #2 a18greek18, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  3. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,226
    Hi @a18greek18, whilst I appreciate your concern, this is not the place to voice it. If you would like this investigated, it would be better to send a forum PM to Deswy/Phys. I will not be warning you for this, as it is not entirely irrelevant, however unless you are providing evidence, please keep this clear of any more comments. So it stays that way, if you would like to reply to this message, please feel free to forum PM me. Thanks

A warning to everyone else, please do not post irrelevantly on this appeal

4. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
  5. Dewsy92

Dewsy92 Ex-Staff Team Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    Well you really haven't a good history with modding/macro seeing as you've been banned for related offences multiple times now. Also, I am aware that this is not a recent thing - Don't think that your macro which auto-logged off whenever a staff member PM'ed you went unnoticed.

I am going to give you one final chance to redeem your reputation and unban you, however there are some pretty serious consequences of your actions:
    1. I will be giving you a 21 day tempban.
    2. Your balance of 139k has been reset.
    3. Your level 2,000 herbalism will be reduced to level 591 when you rejoin the server. This number is the amount of levels which you purchased and applied to Herbalism. You are lucky to even retain these levels, but you are being given a 2nd chance with those levels due to them definitely being obtained legitimately.
    4. Your farm that you had set up to auto-farm in has been WE'ed out.
    I hope that this makes it extremely clear how strongly we take these sort of offences and that definitely expect better from someone in your position. To auto-farm on the scale that you have done is not acceptable at all.

Tempbanned 21 days.

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Dewsy92

Dewsy92 Ex-Staff Team Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    Upon further investigation, your $1,000,000+ worth of stocks have been wiped. Additionally, the $800,000 which LordNate had in his possession has also been cleared.

This is due to the extent of your auto-farming.

• Like Like x 6
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.