ECC Sentinel, Issue 3 19th December 2014, CHRISTMAS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaylorBros22, Dec 19, 2014.

1. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    [​IMG]
    CHRISTMAS ISSUE
    Editorial Message
    Merry Christmas! I would like to welcome you to our Christmas Edition of the Sentinel. The feedback we have received from you guys has been great and I would love you to continue it! I would also like to mention that Journalist applications are now open and you can apply here! From all of us at the Sentinel, MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you have a good Christmas doing whatever you may be doing.

Piville: Exclusive Article
    Written by 314

[​IMG]

Less than one hour ago Sergeant Quart - now known as Lord Quart - was announced the new leader of Piville. Since November 2014 he had been on the run, hiding from “ruthless hunters paid by the greedy Xynth who did everything to expand his influence” as he stated at the press conference. According to Quart himself Xynth, the former leader of Piville, is currently jailed in an underground cell in the Berlin district, awaiting his conviction. “The crimes he committed during the Pivillean war were never avenged and he had remained as the leader after the war, being supervised by @Exilenela. Now that I have become the new leader, I will drastically change the political system of Piville” he said, not telling which direction he will exactly aim at.

Since the ECC Sentinel is an independent newspaper, we will neither condemn nor approve his new rank. @314 and Charles Xynth had previously accused him of multiple charges of murder, however he claims "now that I have achieved the title of the Pivillean leader, these political lies will fade. Instead, I will prove @314, who has barricaded himself in his control room, to be guilty of murdering the archaeologist in the ruins under the town, and possibly a lot more.”

At this time nobody knows what will happen next or has happened exactly within the last few hours. Some speculate it might be related to the riots the Sentinel reported about in the last issue, but at this point nothing has been proven. Maybe this is the truth, maybe it is a rumor. Only the future knows what will happen next.

ECC and the 1.8 Economy
    Foreword by TaylorBros22
    Written by 314

After a long wait, ECC has finally updated to 1.8 and with it there has been some changes to our economy. 314 has written a short article explaining some of these changes. I hope you enjoy

A few days ago the server has - after a long period of waiting - finally updated to 1.8. This, however, has led to some changes in the economy. The first one being the new blocks that have come with the new update. Most of them are now sellable with /sell, although some, for example sea lanterns, have no value which may create a user-run market for them just as we are used to with the emeralds.

Furthermore, the value of mossy cobblestone and mossy bricks has greatly decreased. Now they are only worth 0.80$ because of the fact that 1.8 allows crafting of them, cracked bricks even went down to 0.10$. Formerly being worth 5$ per brick, this might have taken a lot of incentive out of finding strongholds in the mining world. Instead, a run for the few sea temples of the map has begun.

Featured Spawnshop
    Written by TaylorBros22

In the last edition I
    received some feedback regarding this feature where users were asking for some information about why we chose the spawnshop, so in this edition I have tried my best to this, with very short notice!

This weeks featured shop is: Shop #16, @KMaxwell's shop- otherwise known as Kmax Emporium! I have chosen this shop as it offers many different types of items and blocks at reasonable prices and is very well stocked. It is in a prime location and Kmax works with other users to help ensure the shop is well stocked. Well done Kmax! If you would like you spawn shop featured, apply here.

About/Disclamer

I am sorry this week's edition is not the longest, but after being accepted onto the wiki team, I have had to do some things there also we have been short of stories to feature so we need more! Please apply on our HQ thread to have your story featured. As always your feedback is welcomed and I hoped you enjoyed it!
    The Sentinel Logo and the Breaking News image has been used in accordance to CoolText's T&C's.

#1 TaylorBros22, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $10,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,869
    Finally a new chapter of the Piville story came out... :D

Somehow a newspaper with only 2 authors looks so plain. :cry: Still, became a good edition. :)

Isn't it possible anymore to change the title within 15 minutes from publishing with "Thread tools" at the top?
    EDIT: Thanks to 3point14, the staff-Pi. :D

#2 314, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  3. Dewsy92

Dewsy92 Ex-Staff Team Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    Good to see another issue being written :)

If you could think of something I could help with, I'm always happy to help!

4. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Hi @Dewsy92,

If you are willing to fill out a Journalist application form here, that would be appreciated. If you are not willing to become a Journalist you could always submit any stories/events you want to me via the link above or through a forum PM.

Thanks for your feedback,
    Taylor

#4 TaylorBros22, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  5. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $10,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,869
    As taylor said - either applying for becoming a journalist, or supplying story/event ideas. :)