Kyoto - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Historically Archived Towns/Nations & Evictions.' started by annyonion, May 12, 2013.

1. annyonion

annyonion ⊰ p o t a t o n i o n ⊱
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +630
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the official thread of the town Kyoto! I am the current mayor and founder of it and I'm glad to announce that we are finally taking in new residents! Now some quick information about our town must be thoroughly read through and understood before we allow you to move into this town.
    What is Kyoto?
    Kyoto is based on pre-Meiji era (1860's+) and earlier Japanese style of architect, so most buildings must comply to the standards of that time frame. Of course we know not everyone is a historian or architecture, so the best way to create the most authentic looking building in minecraft is to google it up. So just keep that in mind, if you plan on living in Kyoto, you must try to create something realistic from that era. No space ships, floating houses, skyscrapers, etc... Or otherwise we may ask you to rebuild and/or intervene to help you re-create your house.
    In Kyoto everything is more nature-themed... Wood houses, forests, mountains, hills, etc. This land was originally scouted by Nicodemux! <3
    No two houses will ever be the same. Each one is made unique and with character. Although sharing similar style, customized houses can be made at a price to fit your own desire and needs. I am not going after profit or money, so most of them are affordable. PM me in game for questions! As pictured below are some customized houses found in the more prestigious neighborhoods of Kyoto (anywhere from 11-15k):
    [​IMG]
    Town Portal Warp #7, follow the RED carpet!
    Who is allowed in?
    Currently only Residents+ are allowed to buy plots/own perms in Kyoto. The only other way is if I come to like you and trust you (regardless if you're a builder). I allowed anyone in at the beginning which proved to be a mistake. So now due to one person's choice and attitude, I will only openly accept res+ users.
    RULES!
    1. No griefing! I am serious. If I suspect you have been illegally griefing around my town, I will immediately hire an inspector to track it down and I won't even hesitate to file a grief report as soon as I have evidence. Zero tolerance!
    2. Along with the no-grief rule, please ONLY build within your plot outline. Do NOT go over the border your plot was originally outlined with unless given permission to do so by me.
    3. Mining is not allowed! Because this town was built on such pristine and pure land, there's lots of gems underground still left untouched. However it's not yours so please do not mine. Illegal activity will result in immediately being kicked out of my town!!!
    4. No wood cutting in our local forests! Please. Especially within our town. After clearing, I replant most of the trees there on purpose and to be a part of the design of the town. DO NOT destroy/cut any of the leaves/trees from the town. And if you could avoid cutting any trees from the nearby wildland too, although that is not in my jurisdiction. It's just a humble request, thank you.
    5. Farms only permitted on plots over 10x10. Anything else under - no, please use the public farm.
    6. Height limit = 20 up, 10 down. There's lot of plans for this town that require most of the underground land therefore I cannot allow you to go any deeper, sorry. If there's something else you have in mind, please let me know and I may approve your design to go over the listed limits.
    7. You must build a traditional japanese style house (or if you plan on doing all farm, at least make it look kinda like in that style). Ask me for help if you need, google is also very useful if you just need a quick outline. No modern houses, stone/dirt square huts, etc... If I feel your design is lacking in creativity or form, I may assist you in creating a more appealing house. CURB APPEAL matters. xD
    8. No cursing or bashing one another on the local chat, please.
    9. If inactive for over 2 weeks without notification, you will be terminated from town and all land possession returned to me.
    10. Refunds will NOT be given back if the player decides to vacate property on own will. Also if you decide to move out, you cannot sell the plot to someone else. The plot then fully become my property again.
    11. Will add more to this section later...
    Perks of Kyoto
    We are either one of the few or only towns to be made in the style of pre-20th century Japan, so when you walk around our town, there will be a feeling unlike any other here in ECC. Also I am a nice person who is friendly, I want to create a friendly and fun environment for those who come into my town and be the best mayor possible!
    • Very nature-friendly and beautiful/natural landscapes.
    • We have a section for shops at our Market District for residents!
    • 40x40 Public Pumpkin farm and a 4-level 40x20 public farm (Wheat, Potato, Carrot, Netherwart)!
    • FREE water placements, TPS, ExtCreation features (Lifts, colored signs, etc) and e-repairs for all residents given by me, co-mayor Origamimaster10, and co-mayor eekelmo!
    • Helpful mayor and co-mayors who genuinely care about our residents and our town.
    • We have a moderator and supermod with plots here, so hopefully that will scare away people who like causing problems (such as grief and trolling) in towns.
    • Great and friendly residents living here, hope we can all get along in the long run!
    How much is a plot?
    Currently no longer selling plots! Planning to make all prebuilts on existing bare plots. Pm for TP and available listings!
    Pictures!
    Here are some older screenshots of how our town looked earlier! Please visit Kyoto in-game for the best possible experience. :3
    Older
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Using LIFE texture pack...
    [​IMG]

Overlooking the wheat (rice paddy) fields
    [​IMG]

My house that sits on the hill (unfinished)
    [​IMG]

This is the building you will come out of from using the Town Portal to get into Kyoto.
    [​IMG]

From town square to the Market District (user-run shops)
    [​IMG]

Inside of the Market District.
    [​IMG]

Kyoto Battle Dojo Arena (will become PvP enabled soon!)
    [​IMG]

Inside of the Dojo... red vs blue!
    [​IMG]

Current Owners

Mayor - annyonion
    1st Co-Mayor - origamimaster10
    2nd Co-Mayor - eekelmo
    3rd Co-Mayor - Nikorayu

Current Residents

Banned Users!
    These are people NOT allowed to buy plots in my town due to breaking the rules or causing too much problems.

kurumban - for illegal mining under my town even after warned not to and constant trolling/harassing.

Will add more to this later... :)

#1 annyonion, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. CosmOrigist

CosmOrigist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +438
    You can also pm me for a free tp to the town if annyonion is not online..

we hope you have a nice time at Kyoto

3. Jetscat

Jetscat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +995
    I'd just like to take my time to say that's fine Artwork you have there.

I'll look into buying a plot in the future.

4. CosmOrigist

CosmOrigist Builder

Ratings:
    +438
    Thank you Jetscat If you do plan to buy a plot lavajok has also purchased one. :)

5. ibnfadlan01

ibnfadlan01 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +20
    well when server comes back up im going to scout the area again see if i can figure out were to palce the castle exactly

6. annyonion

Ratings:
    +630
    I have most of the land taken by now for plots, etc... there's just one last spot that might be big enough for it. But I am not too sure...

7. eekelmo

eekelmo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,789
    Kyoto is an amazing town, built by an amazing builder. Annyonion is clearly dedicated to this town and you should definitely visit us. To my knowledge, annyonion, origamimaster10 and I all have tp, so you can just PM us in game for a teleport to Kyoto if we aren't busy.
    Enjoy the town :)

8. annyonion

Ratings:
    +630
    Yes that's correct, we each have TP. =p

And also I would like to congratulate eekelmo on becoming 2nd co-mayor of Kyoto. Yay! (n_n)

#8 annyonion, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  9. CosmOrigist

CosmOrigist Builder

Ratings:
    +438
    yea welcome to kyoto mayorship eekelmo just make sure u tell anny u are gona sell plots before u go ahead and sell one on your own... its really different from other towns. we plan on making a nation called nihon which is japan in japanese and we need as much protected land as possible so if you get mayor or president for example we ,would appriciate it if you would make it part of the nihon nation :)

10. annyonion

Ratings:
    +630
    Should it be Nippon? But I feel people would make fun of it... lol

11. CosmOrigist

CosmOrigist Builder

Ratings:
    +438
    idk i thk nihon is cool

12. eekelmo

eekelmo Builder

Ratings:
    +7,789
    annyonion Please add that pre-builts are coming soon.

13. annyonion

Ratings:
    +630
    ^ Yes... I feel that since most people are intimidated by the style required to live in this town, so I will be using most of the current empty plots to create a pre-made neighborhood. That way people will move in more comfortably without having to deal with building. Though we will still keep a couple empty ones for those interested in building their own homes.

UPDATE
    • Added new video trailer and photo to first post above! Feel free to share the video if you can so others can be aware of our little, growing town. :3
    • Market stalls are currently full. Plans for a new, much larger market are on the way once a new town is developed next to Kyoto. So we will have the Old Town market district in Kyoto and the newer, larger one in the new next door town.
    • Also welcome to our newest members (which I haven't yet introduced on this thread): tsustyle Skylexia Im_An_illusion who all joined our town earlier this week. From now on I will be introducing new members into the threads so current co-mayors won't be so much alarmed when they see a new resident in town. (n_n)
    CO-MAYORS !
    • eekelmo - Remember you are in charge of market stalls and the Town Center area. Make sure residents abide to rules and follow guidelines.
    • origamimaster10 - You will need to pay attention to the public farm when you are available, make sure crops are taken care of and that people are re-seeding as instructed. If you catch anyone moving in and out of the public farmhouse without re-seeding, please give them firm reminder that re-seeding is necessarily when using the public farm.
    Thanks! You guys are the best. I love this town and the people in it. <3

#13 annyonion, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  14. eekelmo

eekelmo Builder

Ratings:
    +7,789
    Regarding what you said about my duties, sure thing! Although, please note that I will be inactive for 2 days as I'm going to visit family in another state.

15. CosmOrigist

CosmOrigist Builder

Ratings:
    +438
    haha ok it makes me wonder if thats all im used for XD

16. annyonion

Ratings:
    +630
    eekelmo Sure thing, thanks for the notice! ^^

origamimaster10 -_- you know I wouldn't have got this far without ya buddy! Don't say that lol. =P

UPDATE!
    Welcome newest member of Kyoto! pbrassat17 just bought a customized plot. =)

Boy we're getting more and more mods moving in. xD ANYWAYS congrats! Welcome to Kyoto and I hope you enjoy. =D

17. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    Best town ever!

18. eekelmo

eekelmo Builder

Ratings:
    +7,789
    Welcome pbrassat17 , looking forward to seeing you in the town!

19. annyonion

Ratings:
    +630
    ***IMPORTANT UPDATES!***
    Exciting news! First off I would love to officially welcome Nicodemux into our town since he has officially purchased a home plot. I'm so happy he's making a home here finally. And also a NEW co-mayor has been added to Kyoto, I would like to welcome Nikorayu into Kyoto! He is our newest co-mayor and member and most importantly...
    Nikorayu just turned to mayor and declared his first official town to be 'Okinawa' as part of our upcoming Nihon Nation project. Two towns down! We're almost there guys! Okinawa has officially been registered now, and it's towards the back end of the Town Portal in Kyoto. All existing co-mayors of Kyoto (origamimaster10 and eekelmo) have been added to the list. Until we are fully settled with our nation project, all co-mayors of Kyoto and future sibling towns will be registered together all as co-owners of all towns. We have begun construction already on preparing the land. The biome there is surrounded by jungle and towards the end, snow forest.
    Okinawa in real life has a tropical, warm island-like feel. We will be using the jungle biome to our advantage and be placing sand all around the bordering waters. I even have ideas of creating a mini harbor and ocean to create that island-like atmosphere. This town is currently open to ideas! Please let me know what you have in mind but keep it realistic and true to the IRL islands of Okinawa, Japan.
    Thanks co-mayors and residents of Kyoto! We have much ambition and a super huge project ahead of us. Love ya'll <3
    - annyon

#19 annyonion, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  20. eekelmo

eekelmo Builder

Ratings:
    +7,789
    annyonion My president town will be part of Nihan, I'm just waiting on someone to pay me back 150k .