TBro7 Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by TBro7, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBro7

TBro7 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    Minecraft Username: TBro7

Reason of Ban: Abusing Server Bug

Rule violated: No rules stated to be against our 'abuse' (Its a command that nobody knows)

Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means: There was no rule stating that we could not use the command. Nicit6 told me its for abusing an exploit, but the definition of exploit is as follows: Giving a player and advantage over another player in a certain way. I do not see how our command gave us any advantages whatsoever because all it allowed was for us to type to look like we said things in /me.

Reason you feel you think you should be unbanned: I did no break any rules as I did not abuse any 'exploit' while on the server. It is unfair that Nicit6 should ban me while not clarifying exactly what we were doing wrong because all he said was we were 'Abusing Something' which is highly unclear and not directly stated in your rules. Thanks for your time.

2. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    While we wait for an appropriately ranked staff member to handle your appeal, I want to touch base with you on a couple things.

1. If a staff member requests you stop doing something, and explains that it is a glitch that you are not to be using, you stop right then.
    2. A glitch doesn't have to give any kind of unfair advantage to be illegal... like when a glitch allowed people to place blocks at spawn, the people who did it after being warned or told to stop were banned then, too.
    3. The server has never had the /me command before, nor is it part of any donation feature, so the fact that you could use it at all should have been a major clue that there was something wrong and you should file a bug report rather than use it.

3. minecraftninja05

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Kmaxwell to add, it was available for like 2 days a while ago, but was removed shortly after I believe. He probably logged off when it was available came back today and it worked since he last logged in then. Idk, just a possibility

4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    @TBro7
    This appeal is a direct copy/paste of @ZacBroSki's appeal so I will directly copy/paste my response:

The exact reason for your ban is clause 3.1:

Clause 3.1 - Server Exploits

Any user caught exploiting any feature or a part of the server without reporting it will be severely punished.
    As well, hacking into the server through any sort of illegal method will have your information forwarded to your local Police Department after your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is contacted.

As you can see this rule, the one I mentioned to you in game, does not take into account whether the exploit is giving you an advantage over the rest of the server. However, it could also be argued that you were gaining an advantage, as your messages were being broadcast to the entire server without filter, the same way a $1000 shout would - therefore actually giving an advantage over other other players.

Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.