[User Complaint] Victorparas

Discussion in 'Complaints Archive' started by Jobin_Whiffer1, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jobin_Whiffer1

Jobin_Whiffer1 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +61
    Felon Username:
    Victorparas
    Complaint:
    I sold my eff7 pickaxe named "Gordo'sPic2" To the user victorparas on a payment plan, and the same day that I gave it to him to begin using, he gave it away... (gave it to Mr_Doom_Bringer).It happened today, I was not online but people have told me about it.
    Evidence:
    http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/eff7-contract-victorparas.104090/#post-537215
    I dont have picture evidence, as I was not online, but I have been told by a few users that it is possible to check logs.
    Additional Information:
    I know checking logs takes a lot of work and time, and I am really sorry for that (especially because this is the 2nd time I've been scammed out of it in 2 days), but it would mean a lot to me if andrew or revan could check the logs.

#1 Jobin_Whiffer1, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. XNinjaXSteveX

XNinjaXSteveX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
    I also seen this in global doom was thanking victorparas for the eff7 victor said he was quitting due to a death of a friend/family irl he gave doom a bunch of money and a eff7 pickaxe

3. Fescht

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $25,000,000
    Ratings:
    +361
    I aswell witnessed this event happen. victor had shouted saying whoever pms him first gets a free eff7 and all his money, a few minutes later he named 4 people that had pmed him, Mr_Doom_Bringer being #1 on that list. The user soon after said bye ecc and that he was quiting.

I know I shouldn't be posting here, but Jobin is a great friend and a great user, and I hate to see things like this happen to such great people.

#3 Fescht, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  4. jacob03082000

jacob03082000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +103
    I was on the server when this happend to he started shouting that he was quilting but don't worry he will be back tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. iEvolive

iEvolive Epidexipteryx hui
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +136
    If anyone can proffer any screenshot evidence of @victorparas giving away the pick in question (or offering to do so), please do.

In the meantime, however, I'd like to hear his side of the story.

Complaint left open, awaiting evidence

6. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,311
    I hope this'll help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. weatherryan

weatherryan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +63
    Also could a ga look into Maximpara and victorparas on the same ip and maximpara is banned. This makes victorparas a risk

8. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Seeing how the eff7 actually belongs to someone else, he didn't have the right to just give it away obviously, can't @Mr_Doom_Bringer just give it back to jobin? I mean you did get it for free, it's the right thing to do. He worked hard to get it, just to have it given to you without his permission.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #8 Mochocrap, Jul 31, 2014
  9. Mr_Doom_Bringer

Mr_Doom_Bringer Builder

Ratings:
    +379

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #9 Mr_Doom_Bringer, Jul 31, 2014
  10. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Why not just give jobin the pick back?

11. EraNow

EraNow President

Ratings:
    +1,311
    First of all, I'm sorry to post again on this complaint, however, I feel what I'm about to say is very valid and extremely useful for this complaint.

Doom, Victor scammed the pick with only malicious intent behind it. As of now, you're walking away with a free Efficiency 7 pick; one of the servers most prized items. Is the awesome? Very. Is it human nature to want to keep it? Of course, we all have our greedy side. However, in about 11 hours, you will be in possession of a scammed pick given to your by victorparas. You got this pick by being the first one to PM him; a completely random draw.

Now, lets look at why he quit. He said there were some family issues going on. In my eyes, I see the most likely case is there was a death in the family. You are now taking advantage of someone who lost a relative, and using it for your own good. This is absolutely the most looked down upon action one can possibly do in my eyes. As I said earlier, "Is it human nature to want to keep it? Of course, we all have our greedy side", however, in this case, the question now becomes: Is it morally right to take advantage of those who are going through tough times, and not only screw one, but two parties in order to get free items? The answer to that is no.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Mr_Doom_Bringer

Mr_Doom_Bringer Builder

Ratings:
    +379

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #12 Mr_Doom_Bringer, Jul 31, 2014
  13. EraNow

EraNow President

Ratings:
    +1,311
    In that case, why have two people hurt and you be the only winner?

The optimal solution, should Jobin agree, would be to return the pick for the down payment Victor agreed to. If you're the "lucky one", you should still feel lucky with that free Eff7. If you want to be the hero, return the pick to Jobin in exchange for the down payment victor made. That's the real win-win.

14. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    @Oink__Oink_ - I've issued you a forum warning for your post. You're an experienced player, and should know better than this.

@Iticip - Unless you have hard proof of what actions may have caused this unproven event, you can't assume this occurred.

Now, I don't want any other users posting on this complaint unless they have actual screenshot evidence or are directly involved in the complaint. Any other users posting here will receive forum warnings

15. fireflame625

fireflame625 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +121
    *edit sorry posted this just as weirdbuilder posted his

#15 fireflame625, Jul 31, 2014
  16. SoftlyPsychotic

SoftlyPsychotic ♡ † Queen of Builders † ♡
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +944
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  17. iEvolive

Ratings:
    +136
    My apologies for the delay. I believe I have now seen sufficient evidence and will be reviewing this case with other moderators in order to arrive at a decision regarding any punishment for @victorparas who is yet to respond to this thread with his side of the story.

18. iEvolive

Ratings:
    +136
    Thank you to all parties involved for your patience. After discussing this matter with other members of staff, the following points were brought up, which I will summarise thusly:

1. The contract in question is to be completed by September the 10th. As it is not yet September the 10th, it could be argued that no breach of contract has yet occurred.
    2. Nowhere in the contract does it state that @victorparas is not allowed to give the pick away. I concede that it is perhaps not the best idea for him to do so given that the contract has not yet been completed, however this is not expressly against server rules or the contract. Opinions on this matter will differ depending on how you look at the contract - the server rules do not explicitly state that contracts function in the same way as mortgages, so I personally am split on this issue.
    3. However, from the evidence offered by the various users in this complaint, it could be stated that @victorparas acted with intent to scam, displaying clear malice aforethought. Despite this, this is merely conjecture and has no concrete proof. If anyone can provide clear and irrefutable evidence that @victorparas did indeed intentionally quit the server, then this would prove intent to scam, however no such evidence is yet available to the staff team.

With that all said, I leave this thread open for further replies regarding evidence and especially await @victorparas' reply with anticipation.

Left open, awaiting further evidence and a reply from @victorparas

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that a breach of contract may have occurred regarding the required daily payments of $45,000 per day with the current exception of the period between the first and the fourth of August. As today is the first, I ask @Jobin_Whiffer1 whether @victorparas made payments yesterday, the 31st of July, or the day before, the 30th.

#18 iEvolive, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  19. Jobin_Whiffer1

Jobin_Whiffer1 Builder

Ratings:
    +61
    No payments have been made, other than the downpayment of $100,000

20. iEvolive

Ratings:
    +136
    Thank you to all for your patience in this matter. After further deliberation with my colleagues, we have decided to ban @victorparas for scamming and breach of contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.