A Landmark Rises

Discussion in 'Pictures, Videos & Other Media' started by jbertig, Jun 29, 2017.

1. jbertig

jbertig Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +126
    Here are a few pics of a new landmark that's up and coming in Rising. These are the Twin Towers of the former World Trade Center, currently under construction. I created a few custom props to really give the looks of skyscrapers that are under construction. They're very close to half scale, and will be as tall as they can be in MC, without digging below sea level. The North Tower won't have an antenna, they'll look as they did when they were completed in 1973. I wanted to bring out as much of the size feeling of the original towers as possible, and make them as space-useful as possible- their footprints are 29x29s (that's almost 0.25 acres in MC!). The two towers have generous floor heights, and, despite that, they will enclose a 200x200's worth of space. This project isn't just the former towers, but includes the entire former complex, excluding 7 World Trade Center. It was going to compete in the new spawn design competition, but I didn't have enough time to complete the test model. Now it's meant to be a tribute to 9/11. I'm showcasing some cool building techniques I've used in the buildings. I built've the building cores to the same ratio as the real buildings, but scaled down to match the building size, and cut the column number to 9 to not kill off space. I've used wood planks to simulate beams holding up floors, and filled in the gaps between them with slab planks. These are being built floor by floor all the way up. I envision the massive size of the complex allowing it to become a spot for ECC commerce. The buildings are at /warp Regalis if anybody would like to track progress.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 jbertig, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Here are a few more for your viewing pleasure!

3. jbertig

jbertig Mayor

Ratings:
    +126
    Here's a construction update! The 1/2 scale Twin Towers are up! 189 blocks high and 188 blocks high! All that's left to build is Marriott World Trade Center, which sat between the towers. I noticed that the way I built the floors gave a need effect on the facades, there are darker spots where the floor framing is. Once I get the Marriott up, I'll be doing enmasse windows.

4. NightPerson

NightPerson Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +10
    This is beautiful, it's nice of you to build these in remembrance of those tragic events. Next time we are both online I'd love a tp to see them

5. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    They are beautiful! And jbertig is an awesome builder.
    You can /warp regalis in order to take a look yourself or I will be happy to provide a tp as well.

6. jbertig

jbertig Mayor

Ratings:
    +126
    Here's another photo update! I found the maps of the server worlds on the website the other day and found Regalis' World Trade Center! I wish I had known they were about to do the new rendering when they did! They rendered it just after my photo-op with the cranes. I had just topped off the North Tower and hadn't torn the cranes down on the South Tower. Another pic is from the south side of 2 World Trade Center, gazing up at the towers. This picture really doesn't capture the feeling of mass this view has when you're in the town. I can only imagine what it would've been like to see it in real life. All of the glass is in the buildings, except some minor areas where I need to get in and out as I do the interiors, or figuring out where doors will be. The last two pics are a pic of the real towers I found on Flickr, and Regalis' from roughly the same angle.