Active Players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NightPerson, Jul 7, 2017.

1. NightPerson

NightPerson Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +10
    how do I go about finding players to join my town who are actually active? I don't want my town to become a graveyard of inactive accounts and lwc requests. How do you all suggest I screen people to make sure I'm getting active members?

2. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
    You can't. Active players rank up and get their own towns, leaving you with a ghost town again.

3. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    Most of the time, the function or a town is temporary place for someone to stay. As @LJKAzrael said, players rank up. And there isn't exactly a big point in staying in somebody else's town when you have your own.
    You can of course try to offer some services, which might be hard to establish quickly in a new town. (A farm perhaps?). But even then, they won't exactly live there.
    If you offer something that is aimed at higher ranks or richer people (usually luxurious properties), then perhaps you can get them to buy and keep it. However they will most likely not spend much time there, and, in addition, you'll be stuck with unresellable ghost properties.
    It's currently a very tough time for the property market, since everyone nowadays gets a town so easily. Seeing as new players can get money so quickly and easily, they're flying through ranks (if they want to), and don't have time to spend at somebody's town.
    In my opinion, the most active player you can get is a Mayor+ who lost his town. Unless they want to get a cheap unoriginal town they'll spend quite some time getting President/Additional Town.
    (Oh, and cheap unoriginal towns are a burden on the property market.)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    As previously stated by LJK and stoler, there is no screening to find only players that will be active.
    Players come and go. In real life issues can be reasons for inactivity. You will also find yourself encouraging your new players to rank up, get their own town and move out on their own.
    The awesome part of the game is that we build friendships by having towns that will last a lifetime. I am still friends with many of the players that I have made almost 4 years ago. What a great experience!
    I personally have purchased many plots in many towns in order to help a new builder "populate" their town. I always try to build a home even though I am not able to be active in every town I am a member of.
    Speaking of that, make sure to let me know when you have your layout done and plots ready, I am always good for a quick sale :)

5. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    Honestly, just having a town to yourself is great.

6. CatLLC

CatLLC Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +88
    What's wrong with inactive players? If they are inactive you can re-sell their house/plot, keep their money, and keep/sell their loot. If they aren't inactive then great! 1 step closer to a thriving town. Really, the only risks to adding players to your town is rule breakers, but they can be evicted and/or banned.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #6 CatLLC, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  7. NightPerson

NightPerson Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +10
    Didn't think about it that way honestly, thanks for enlightening me lol