[Advice/Discussion] What is the best way to invest my money

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by Lucidious18, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Lucidious18

Lucidious18 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    So i have about 60k in balance right now, and i guess i make money fairly fast since i come on only at off peak - farm - log off, i wish to reinvest my money once i hit 100k.

i am in no rush to get mayor ( even though ranking up is one of the main goals of ecc )

Should i be getting nether/end perms first and which ones?

Should i get a max pickaxe and look into mining / get a max rod and fish ( i dont like doing these things i mainly farm pumpkins as i can just listen to music and easily farm at any time )

Anything else i should be saving up for?

Thanks!

2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    There's not really any good "investments", save one.

By far the best thing to do is simply invest in yourself.

A set of max tools to start off with is always a good idea - and with some care they'll last as long as you want.

After that I would suggest a town and mayor, purely because of the security locked chests in a town you own provide. It gives you the freedom to leave for more than a week if you need to.

If you don't want to go the mayor route or after you do, I would suggest spending your ECD to get features. Multihome and teleport are extremely useful, as are commands+ and fly+ (these two will run some serious cash though).

3. Lucidious18

Lucidious18 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    noted, thanks i think ill be going with getting max tools and mayor. thanks!

4. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Get resident first. It'll open up a lot more doors for you if you want to look into selling and trading.

Depending on your current inventory, you can open up a spawn shop. There's a lot of open spaces available and it's pretty cost-effective if you set it up optimally and advertise well. Once you're a resident, you can co-mayor a town. Selling plots/perms/apartments can make decent money quickly.

If you want something more active, invest in tools like Nicit suggested.

5. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Get the money for resident and mayor ASAP.... then get a warp for your town...once you have a town you can do anything. Set up a massive shop... sell plots... build your own farm.

Use that money to buy max tools and focus on mining and farming. Wait for big sales on features and go nuts. I would say continue to rank, but anything beyond mayor is just for kicks imo other than getting more land to build on. Honestly if you have the skill and time VMR can be a nice payday, but you have to join the nolife club.

Good luck!

6. Lucidious18

Lucidious18 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    thanks for the suggestion, i think im better off creating a shop in my own town and getting a warp for it, vmr is def not for me since i barely have time in my day to play on ecc

7. Lucidious18

Lucidious18 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    Also to follow up on the suggestions; how much does it cost to set up a proper town, a flat plot, average building supply, warp and all that

8. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Resident and mayor will run about 100k. 15k for res and 85k for mayor and a town. Choose your town wisely on the map. The flatter the area the cheaper and easier it is to maintain. I would suggest a desert as those areas are easy to work with to clear. Plus sand is better then dirt to clear.

Once you set your town up (I will be happy to assist) you can buy a warp for like 25k I think. Place the warp in a central location and build your shop right next to it for quick access. The more you offer and competitive your prices are will generate interest. Start small and expand as you can. Make a forum thread advertising your shop and prices. Get max tools and use the mining world to gather resources. Build a nice size farm in your town to generate more ECD.

As your shop expands so will your profits. Use profits to build hotels/apartments for new players that you can sell. From there you can rent star tools and get big farm perks for a good price and start making a solid income...

From there the sky is the limit.

#8 ajp79, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  9. Lucidious18

Lucidious18 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks again, this is exactly what im going to do, just the right balance of fun ( as in not continuously farming pumpkins ) and hardwork involved.

10. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    A town warp is $50k. If you ever have to move it, it’s an additional $10k (each move).

I run a shop in my town and it does well, is a bit hard to keep stocked, so make sure you are prepared to keep up on it. /warp cole ex is another town shop that does extremely well. This is the way to go!

I would wait til you get fly+ and pyro+ before you get nether access. It’s worth it with those features as a lot of nether blocks sell very well for high price.

Good luck!

11. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    There are now investment opportunities if you still want to. Just forum pm me to get your investment in "Absolute Zero Co." started! If you want, of course.