AEM Ranks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmozz_2000, May 10, 2017.

1. jmozz_2000

jmozz_2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +9
    I read through the whole thread of the owner explaining how the whole adoption of AEM is working which I thought was very well done and look forward to this process, but I do have some concerns. Many of the AEM players coming over are players who have spent around $100-200 (in some cases upwards of $300) on ranks we bought for the multiple separate servers on AEM. Even though there weren't many people playing anymore, at any given time, we could log on to that specific server and enjoy our perks, such as exotic kits, /fly, and many other basic commands we had unlimited access to. I fear with this transfer, that many of those perks we payed for will be lost. For example, on Skyblock, I bought the $100 Skylord rank, simply for the access to /fly. The kits and all were a nice bonus, but when I went through checkout, I had one thing in mind: /fly. This is also the case for our Towny Survival server we had, in which I had purchased the $50 Premium rank, simply for /fly, nether access and end access. The command /fly was available at $30, but it was mainly the other two worlds I wanted access to. I fear we will not get these special features when everything is balanced in, because they may be rendered unfair. I read the part of the thread where it said something along the lines of these ranks will be kept in your account, and will become available to previous members, if condoned by ECC. That is the part that scares me, that some of these few things I donated a total of almost $200 to across the separate servers may not be included in my rank on the new server, because it doesn't fit with the way the server runs right now. I do understand that, and hope if that really is the case, that it will be made up in some other major way. I just wanted to express my thoughts and concerns regarding these issues as the owner and his developers go through the process of transforming this server. Many of the other AEM guys share the same concerns, so I thought it may be appropriate. I do 100% support this takeover and think its a great idea to get whats left of the AEM community surging again, but I just want to make sure my money I put towards those specific perks, isn't money wasted. Thanks :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    No survival ranks will be given away on our server as we have a different ranking system.
    Only ranks from the other AEM game modes will be available on ECC once we implement those game modes into our network.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #2 andrewkm, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  3. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,288
    I am in no postition to comment on any specific issues as I am not administration.
    In general, I would like to say that I have been here over 3 years and have know andrewkm to be fair and believe that he will do whatever he can to make things right. In life, and in our server, we have all experienced losses that are out of our control. For example, it seemed every time I purchased a new star tool, prices were nerfed :) We also have ranks that have no real value (patron) but remember that there are always going to be something that seems not fair to some members of a community and that it is clear that all monies spent are considered donations to support the server and are subject to change.
    Finally, I do not believe this was actually a "takeover" but more a "bailout" where andrewkm is doing the best he can to help out a friend and give AEM members a community to be a part of.
    We are so very glad to have AEM players joining with us and hope that everyone will be patient and considerate with whatever andrewkm decides!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. jmozz_2000

jmozz_2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +9
    So Survival will be making no changes, and we will get our ranks with our perks on the new servers you implement in?

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    No AEM survival ranks will be available on ECC.
    Only AEM ranks from other game modes will be available.

#5 andrewkm, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
  6. zBulldawg

zBulldawg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +400
    So no perks we bought? Like I spent $30 on /fly for skyblock aswell as $20 elite will I have both or just elite?

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Skyblock perks will come to skyblock.
    Creative perks will come to creative.
    Etc.

No survival perks will carry over to ECC. That money is lost.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. jmozz_2000

jmozz_2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm good with that. You are after all sparking life back into the AEM community, so I guess one rank lost isn't such a bad thing!

9. zBulldawg

zBulldawg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +400
    Indeed