[Ban Appeal] bobthegnome1

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by communism1, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    In Game Name:
    bobthegnome1
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name:
    I have not changed my Minecraft username.
    Which of ECC's services are you banned on:
    I think all services (minus Discord). I am only really fully sure that I am banned on the Main Server, though, as that is where I was banned from.
    Reason of Ban:
    Repeated Staff Disrespect/Verbal Abuse
    Rule Violated:
    Section 1 - Chat, Channels and Discussions
    Clause 2 - Vulgarity
    -Line 2: Repeated or excessive swearing, and especially vulgar language directed at anyone, is not tolerated under any circumstance. This includes anything put on signs, said in chat, written in books, renamed to on items, spelled out in blocks or any other way of communicating.

Section 2 - General Gameplay
    Clause 2 - Harassment
    -Line 1: Harassment constitutes as any form of action (chat or game play wise) that makes another player feel threatened or otherwise ruins their game play.
    -Line 2: This includes, but is not limited to; blackmail, bullying or any other form of harassment that occurs through our chat system.
    -Line 4: Harassment is absolutely inexcusable on EcoCityCraft. If you are engaging in this behavior expect to be removed from the server with little to no warning.
    -Line 5: Disrespecting staff falls under this rule.

Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    The first section I listed (regarding vulgarity) essentially is stating that one is not allowed to cuss repeatedly. Common sense must be used in order to determine what is "excessive." I would personally define excessive swearing as anything more than an occasional slip-up. Swearing can also NOT be directed at any other player or staff member. This essentially means that one is not allowed to say any swear-words in a context in which they are being said about the other person, either directly (like calling someone a bad name) or indirectly (like asking someone if they are [expletive] kidding, for example).

The second section I listed is quite simply: do not make other people feel bad. Anything that you do that could adversely affect their gameplay/life in a negative way is NOT allowed. Part of this could have to do with the vulgarity clause mentioned above, but harassment could go much, much deeper. Harassment could be sending repeated threatening pm's, disrespecting staff members, either by questioning their authority repeatedly, saying negative things about them, either directly or indirectly, or really bullying of ANY manner. Basically if you'd get in trouble in school for doing something, do not do it on EcoCityCraft.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned:
    First off I'd like to say that I have appreciated the last 4+ days off of ECC. I dislike that it had to be for the reason of me getting banned, but I feel rejuvenated and ready to be a productive, busy member of the community again This is my first time being truly banned where I've needed to file an appeal. I have taken a vacation and gotten much needed R&R and family time, as well as been able to look at the server rules/wiki.
    Secondly, I'd like to say that everything I say here is not meant to be taken as an excuse for my deplorable behaviour for the last week or two before I was banned, I'd just like to give some context into my life at the time. For the last couple weeks, I was honestly really upset with work and other aspects of my personal life (that I believe would be too personal to bring up here), and I took it out on the ECC staff team. This will NOT happen again, work has gotten better, and even if it hadn't I have figured out other coping methods/strategies to deal with my severe anxieties other than being a bully and a jerk. For awhile I was deluded into thinking that the ECC staff always personally target me, but with hindsight being 20/20, I see that I was just being an awful, toxic member of the community, and that's why I was being disciplined often. I deeply regret the swearing and other directed language which I sent certain members of the staff team. At the time I didn't realise it (I'm not sure how) but I was definitely harassing and bullying the people who are just here to keep the server a fun place for all to enjoy. The ECC staff has always been nothing but helpful to me, and now I see that they were just trying to keep me in check so I don't get myself banned. Hopefully this ban appeal is good, as I just want to be able to play with my friends again and work on my towns. :(

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my ban appeal. Hopefully it wasn't too rambly and was concise enough that I was able to get across that I understand what I did was terrible, that it will NOT happen again, and that I will be a positive member of the community again. :)

~bobthegnome1

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 communism1, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  2. childersc

childersc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +86
    @bobthegnome1,

Thank you for submitting your appeal. I will notify @JamieSinn as he will be handling this appeal.

3. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
  4. Ozzyblack21

Ozzyblack21 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +12,433
    Unbanned. Welcome back.

Thread Status: