[Ban Appeal] killrdarknes

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by killrdarknes, Sep 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killrdarknes

killrdarknes SMOKIN DONG
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,163
    In Game Name:
    killrdarknes.
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name:
    Yes; I was Killr_ and PraiseToHarambe while banned, but have changed back to killrdarknes.
    Which of ECC's services are you banned on:
    I am currently banned in-game.
    Reason of Ban:
    I was banned for Scamming and Breach of Contract. Both of these reasons are in direct connection to the various Loan Scams I committed. I was also banned for alternate account usage. I was also using an alternate account, but have stopped.
    Rule Violated:
    Clause 2 - Scamming
    A general definition of a scam in the context of EcoCityCraft is a transaction in which a user pays for goods or services from another user, and does not receive those goods/services in the agreed upon timeframe.
    Failing to uphold your end of the deal is scamming, and is punishable by a ban. Your continuance on the server may rely on you following through with your end of the deal, or refunding what you scammed, solely at the staff’s discretion.

Clause 2.1 - Renaming items
    Users cannot rename items for the purpose of making them misleading (for example, taking a cookie and renaming it “Diamond Sword”, and then attempting to auction or trade it without specifying that the item is a cookie is against the rules)
    If you are auctioning or trading an item that has been renamed, you MUST specify what the item was before it was renamed.
    All renamed items must follow the language and content rules for chat on the server. If it would not be appropriate in global, it is not an appropriate item name.
    Making or distributing items that are inappropriately named are both punishable to the same extent. If you find or receive an item that has been inappropriately named, please inform a staff member immediately, so that they may investigate and act appropriately.

Clause 2.2 - Attempted Scamming
    Users cannot attempt to scam other users. If enough evidence is provided and the staff believe a scam was intended, this will result in a temporary ban against the offending user.
    Attempted scamming includes misleading sales or auctions. For example an auction for 'a melon,sword'.

Clause 2.3 - Player Run Lotteries
    Any player run lottery is disallowed and will be treated as attempted scams or actual scamming depending on the situation.
    This includes any type of raffle or lottery that requires a buy in.

Clause 3 - Contracts

All contracts signed and approved in the contracts forum serve as proof of agreement, and must be followed through by all parties involved.
    For a full and current list of contract forum rules and regulations, please see our contracts forum sticky post about getting started on contracts.

Section 6 - Unfair Play

Clause 1 - Hacking and Hacked Clients
    Fly, speed, air build, teleport hacking, or any other types of hacks, are not tolerated. This includes x-ray hacking and x-ray texture packs. Using any unfair means (including glitches, bugs, and exploits) to get into server buildings is also not allowed and is unfair to other users.
    Using any clients, specifically hacked clients, which may allow you to gain unfair advantages as deemed by ECC staff is strictly prohibited.
    Users caught using any client deemed to be a "hacked client", as defined by and at the discretion of the staff, will be banned. There is no excuse for using a hacked client on EcoCityCraft whatsoever.
    Discussion of hacked clients is not allowed - we do not allow them, and therefore we do not discuss them.

Clause 2 - Multiple Accounts
    Multiple accounts used by different people on the same internet connection/IP are allowed. (Contact staff to inform them first to avoid any problems)
    An individual person playing on multiple accounts is allowed as long as no financial benefits arise from doing so, and no account belonging to that player are banned.
    There must be absolutely no financial interaction between multiple accounts that you own if they are for the sole purpose of funding an "alt" account.
    Your "main" account is the account that has been used on EcoCityCraft for the longest period of time, and that you are mostly known for. If you do not understand this part of the rule, it's best to simply avoid any interactions between accounts. This rule is enforced completely at staff's discretion.
    Direct or indirect transactions (via /pay, trade signs, etc) are not allowed if they are financially benefiting your alt account.
    If you have another account you wish to play on, and make money with, it cannot be used to fund other accounts.
    Minor things such as paying an alt account for a rank upgrade through your main account is allowed.
    Paying for absolutely anything on your main account with money from an alt account however is NOT allowed.
    If any account owned by a player is banned, all the other accounts owned by that player will not be able to appeal until the account banned first has successfully appealed.
    Exceptions may be made to this in certain scenarios such as inappropriate username bans.
    If there are multiple accounts on the same internet connection/IP, either used by you or others, you must contact a member of staff immediately to inform them to avoid issues.
    Users may be questioned for being on the same internet connection, or, in cases of suspicious activity and bans, immediately banned regardless of the reason for the same connection, to be appealed with an explanation.

Clause 2.1 - Bots and Autonomous Accounts
    "Bots" and other completely autonomous accounts are not allowed on EcoCityCraft without the express permission of administration.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    First, the scamming rule defines a scam as a transaction in which one or more parties fails to uphold their end of the transaction. It details that misleading sales/auctions (such as renaming, or even lying about certain details) are illegal and can result in severe punishment. In my case specifically, my transactions were loans; I failed to uphold my end of a loan deal and never paid back numerous loans.

A breach of contract is much like a scam, but a breach in contract occurs when any party does not fulfill any part of their agreed-upon contract. I also did this via loan scamming when they required a contract, in which I failed to repay my loans.

Finally, the alternate account rule states that alternate accounts are allowed so long as the two accounts do NOT interact with one another financially, and that the 'main' account (the account that is mostly used) is not currently banned. If a user is found to be using an alternate account the account will be banned immediately, and if an IP check shows a user is sharing an IP with a banned user they can be banned then and there. I broke this rule a number of times, by being a banned account that bypassed my main account’s ban by using alternate accounts.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned:
    I sincerely apologize for all for those I hurt. I have been banned from this server for several years, and over the course of that time I have come to realize that I cannot come back to this server illegitimately time and time again. I must do this legitmately, if the gracious staff team is willing to give me an opportunity, and I wish to repay those who've I've wronged.

I was asked, after making my initial appeal, to prove myself by not using an alternate account for a set period of time. I would have waited 3 more years if it meant being given another chance, and I sent in an appeal the day the set period of time expired. I feel as if I have proved that I am not here to waste anyone's time but rather clear my name and do right to the users who I have negatively affected.

I apologize completely and accept full responsibility for my actions. I know that, especially as a President, it is simply abhorrent to have knowledge of the rules and then break them, time and time again. I am truly remorseful for my actions, and I ask that you provide me a final chance to do things the right way.

I plead that EcoCityCraft's community would be willing to give me a final chance, so that I can make a more positive impact on this community.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 killrdarknes, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +848
    Thank you for appealing. I will be tagging the @Game Admin team to handle this appeal. Please be patient.

3. zr2002

zr2002 Nub Moderator
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,161
    Hello @killrdarknes

I'm glad to see that you've decided you want to return to EcoCityCraft. After reviewing your appeal I've decided that I'm going to unban you. You've been banned for quite a long time now (around 4 years) and it's been 3 years since the last time you bypassed your ban. I trust that you've matured since then and won't make the same mistakes again. I've found that you owe @Thecreator767 $35,000 (late fees won't be enforced as they were never agreed upon). I also owe @KingBreakerMike $75,000 (he was scammed on one of your alt accounts). As both of these players are inactive I'm not going to give you a set date that you need to pay them by, but I'd recommend that you have $110,000 in a week or two saved just in case these players do return from their inactivity at some point.

I think it goes without saying that if you make the same mistakes again you won't be allowed to return to ECC. I don't want to see any trouble from you at any point in the future. Before you return I'd like you to refresh your memory on the rules that can be found here. Welcome back to ECC.

Locked - User Unbanned
    -$35,000 owed to @Thecreator767
    -$75,000 owed to @KingBreakerMike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.