[Ban Appeal] mathratmc

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by mathrat, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathrat

mathrat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    In Game Name:
    mathrat
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name:
    I haven't changed my name
    Which of ECC's services are you banned on:
    the main server
    Reason of Ban:
    Minor greif in the town of foixeast
    Rule Violated:
    Clause 1 - Griefing
    • Grief is defined as breaking or destroying things that do not belong to you, including breaking and replacing things to get to places that otherwise you shouldn't be going (for example, breaking into someone's house.) This can also extend to building things in areas that do not belong to you.
      • Grief is not allowed in protected towns, unless the town owner has decided otherwise. In the event a grief occurs in a non-grief town then a grief report can be filed here: Grief Report and Rollback Request
        • If a town allows grief then all residents must be informed before joining the town.
    • When a grief report is filed, grief is graded on a sliding scale of minor/moderate/major based on the amount and severity of damage done, and is determined based on staff guidelines by the staff member investigating the situation. It is also determined at that time whether the grief is bad enough to warrant a rollback.
    • Grief in the wild is frowned upon, but allowed. Staff will not take any action in the case of wild grief.
    • Please see Section 7 for rules regarding grief in the Aether, Nether and Mining World
    • Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    Greifing is wen you destroy or mess with something that isn't yours
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned:
    I feel that I should be unbanned because I was banned over two years ago and I now understand what ive done. Wen I got banned I was only twelve years old and was not quite use to the concept of and economy servers. Now I understand how economy servers work and I want a seconds chance to try playing on this server again. Im truly sorry for what I have done and I promise you that if you give me a second chance this will not happen again. Eco City Craft is an amazing server and thank you for giving me a shot at a second chance.

#1 mathrat, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Hi there @mathratmc , thanks for deciding to appeal your ban. Before I can process your appeal, however, there are a few things I need for you to change:

Since your forum name does not match your in game name, I will need you to file a name change application here so that the two match.

Please quote the entire rule that you are banned for violating, to do this just look through the server's rules here and copy and paste the entire rule and its clauses into this section of your appeal.

Once these changes are made, and your name change application is approved, then I can continue processing your appeal, please make these changes within 24 hours.

Left open awaiting changes

3. mathrat

mathrat Builder

Ratings:
    +1
      • Grief is not allowed in protected towns, unless the town owner has decided otherwise. In the event a grief occurs in a non-grief town then a grief report can be filed here

4. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Thanks for including that @mathratmc , however, you need to include the entire rule and all of its clauses, so everything under the bold "Griefing" header. Also, please include it in your main post, to do this just hit the "edit" button at the bottom of the post and paste the rule into the appropriate section of your appeal.

I also see that you have filed a name change application, so once that goes through and you make the changes to the rule quoting then I can continue processing your appeal.

5. mathrat

mathrat Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    Clause 1 - Griefing
    • Grief is defined as breaking or destroying things that do not belong to you, including breaking and replacing things to get to places that otherwise you shouldn't be going (for example, breaking into someone's house.) This can also extend to building things in areas that do not belong to you.
      • Grief is not allowed in protected towns, unless the town owner has decided otherwise. In the event a grief occurs in a non-grief town then a grief report can be filed here: Grief Report and Rollback Request
        • If a town allows grief then all residents must be informed before joining the town.
    • When a grief report is filed, grief is graded on a sliding scale of minor/moderate/major based on the amount and severity of damage done, and is determined based on staff guidelines by the staff member investigating the situation. It is also determined at that time whether the grief is bad enough to warrant a rollback.
    • Grief in the wild is frowned upon, but allowed. Staff will not take any action in the case of wild grief.
    • Please see Section 7 for rules regarding grief in the Aether, Nether and Mining World.

6. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Thanks @mathrat for making those changes and being patient as your accounts were merged. I have decided to unban you because you seem to realize that what you did is wrong, and I trust that something like this will not happen again. I would recommend taking another look through the server's rules, as some rules have likely changed since you were last online. Welcome back!

Locked: User Unbanned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.