[[[ City Server Discussion ]]] A place to "pre" suggest :-)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AdmiralD, Aug 10, 2018 at 5:29 PM.

1. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    Prestige ⭐ Premium User

Ratings:
    +3,469
    This thread is hopefully a way we can all discuss the changes that are coming to ECC. Please keep things positive and use constructive criticism.
    Keep in mind that we are of all ages and experience. I look forward to hearing especially from our newest and youngest players to help lead the way with great new ideas that will help shape the future for the server for the next 7 years!

2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    Prestige ⭐ Premium User

Ratings:
    +3,469
    I shall start!
    I would love to see whatever spawn have an actual walk or roadway out in all 4 directions. With the right design, someone creative could possibly design it for 8 towns instead of 4, even if it means they would have to be smaller (if we are even still considering the 200x200 concept).

#2 AdmiralD, Aug 10, 2018 at 5:29 PM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 5:39 PM
  3. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I will state a couple ideas/try to contain my excitement when I'm not half asleep (Probably tomorrow morning) :)

4. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    Prestige ⭐ Premium User

Ratings:
    +3,469
    I look forward to hearing your ideas OAG! Enjoy your nap - dream of some great "pre" suggestions. :D

5. Darth_Hydraxis

Darth_Hydraxis Staff Member

Ratings:
    +252
    If spawn was 500x500 or even larger 2 towns could easily fit on each side.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    Prestige ⭐ Premium User

Ratings:
    +3,469
    That is a possibility as well, although I personally would like to our spawn smaller and more welcoming. Of course, this is just my opinion :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. bobthegnome1

bobthegnome1 ⸘Land Speculating EcoLeader‽
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +84
    We need public roads radiating out from spawn which are region protected. As was said before, I like the idea of there being more spawn towns.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. cheese_ball_3

cheese_ball_3 Çhêê§ê lðrÐ
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +342
    cheeseecocitycraft should be the new name

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Ozzyblack21

Ozzyblack21 Staff Member
    SuperMod

Ratings:
    +10,719
    Netherstars, that's all I have to say. Looking forward to what's ahead :")

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  10. Jdawger

Jdawger Littlepip Ex Mod |ECCMuseum| Fallout: Equestria
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Honestly, player market should be at spawn (if possible due to lag). When I was a builder/new player, finding market was so hard.

11. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    Prestige ⭐ Premium User

Ratings:
    +3,469
    Agreed, especially since it will probably be small to begin with - skyblock market should give an indication. Unfortunately, gone are the days of dozens of shops needed - for now - who knows what the future can bring?
    Also, using the concept of the current shop on main, a few shops could be right in spawn and a simple warp will take them to other "expansion" areas as needed.

12. Mission001

Mission001 HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    Prestige ⭐ Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $6,009,801
    Ratings:
    +5,869
    We need a spawn? The last few spawns have been used just as a grand place which is confusing to navigate, SG which wont be there anymore, A gateway to the Hub/Nether/Mining/End Worlds which are easily navigated via /warp (Which would be learnt via the tutorial that you spawn into at first. And a Snipe chest.
    There doesnt really need to be a big grand 200x200 town which has essentially a lot of fluff..

----
    Anyways. My controversial suggestion.

No Star Tools
    Cons: • You don't get to essentially play single player and sell hand

Pros: • (Mining/Woodcutting Pro)All Materials from Mining/Woodsman trips suddenly become actually worth something. Stone would actually sell very well as there will be a demand for it rather then the insane amount you sell hand via /sell hand. Logs will actually be a commodity rather then just a massive stockpile. or Macro sell hand'd.
    • (Mining Pro) Clearing jobs wont now be limited to players who just have eff7's (who are usually established players already)
    • (Mining Pro) Players wont just clear their own land with eff7's, but rather if they want it done, they will hire more people.
    • (Melon Sword Pro) Players might actually farm other items which may be more beneficial as they might sell better.
    • (Melon Sword Pro) Finally unblock the vanilla feature of letting Axes break Melons, the amount of times this is mentioned in chat by new players over the past months is actually quite a lot in regards to the traffic on main)
    • (Star Rod Pro) Enable all drops in fishing McMMO which would then make fishing worth while, but time consuming with the longer wait time between casts. You would get rare and valuable stuff with adding in new blocks

• All these pro's lead to different ways to make money for the starting player which is the most problematic thing ECC Main has going for it. Its horrible starting and the avenues of making money is so so limited.
    With these changes you already keep everything that star tools give you but make it accessible to everyone.

------

I myself will be sad that star tools have gone. Im sure there will be times where im cursing saying why did we get rid of star tools. But i think overall for the best intentions of the longevity of new main, star tools have to go, its brings back so many opportunities that new players simply dont get because tools have replaced labor essentially. Which has lead to the tunnel visioned, nerfed, solo grinding system on main we have today

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
    #12 Mission001, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:42 PM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 10:47 PM
  13. Jdawger

Jdawger Littlepip Ex Mod |ECCMuseum| Fallout: Equestria
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,131
    I see your points @Mission001 ablut the star tools, but imo I have to disagree with you on some aspects
    While the land clearing options are good points, some people don’t hire other people to clear their land (Eff7 or not) due to personal reasons (i.e not trusting them with perms to their land). Plus, even with Eff7s, it is extremely time consuming; it took me many, many hours over a week to clear a 200x200x2 if just stone and ores with an Eff7.

TL;DR IMO people are only going to farm pumpkins and melons since they don’t require replanting.

As for the other star tools, I agree: Star Shovel is just as good as an Eff5 and can cause many “phantom blocks,” so that could possibly go; Star Armor, Elytra, shield and Rocket were pointless; and the rest I’m on the fence about.

#13 Jdawger, Aug 10, 2018 at 11:42 PM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 11:42 PM
  14. pokeball92870

pokeball92870 Wiki Team Leader
    Server Admin Premium User Wiki Leader

EcoDollars:
    $526,194
    Ratings:
    +1,058
    A separate world for hosting events, instead of doing it somewhere random in Rising

15. oxwood2

oxwood2 EcoMaster | Former Supermod | Former Troll
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,464
    Definitely no bank transfers from Archive to City. Part of the problem with the current main is that some users are ultra ultra rich, and it's making the grind up the ranks more daunting to new players. We have a chance to reset the inequality.
    Another justification is that current spawn towns are dominated by just a few players. I would like to see a variety of people own the spawn towns, not just the current rich users that own Rising spawn towns. (as well as legacy but most legacy spawn town owners are inactive)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  16. OlympiansAreGods

Ratings:
    +1,036
    The way I see it, transferral of money is needed. I'm pretty sure soon /bank deposit will be removed from the archive server, so, with ECD being the main currency, how will users pay for transactions on skyblock? Exchange currency? (Which is very popular) if they don't have from transfer? What will be the point of forum balance if if people cantc transfer it to main?

In my view, it would make VMR and Skyblock pretty pointless (except for the prestige aspect) but as iy is currently viewed, SB/VMR are the main money makers.

If Andrew does allow bank withdrawals on the new main then everybody will want to apply for ranks, thus taking a huge, huge chunk of money from the economy, thus making people not that ultra ultra to rich.

You also have to remember, most people didn't have time to hop in game and sell their assets, or retrieve there money from signs.. So quite a bit of that wealth is gone.

#16 OlympiansAreGods, Aug 11, 2018 at 5:16 AM
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 5:18 AM
  17. oxwood2

Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,464
    I think you misunderstood my post. Archive should not have /bank withdraw, and there needs to be a mechanism to prevent players from transferring mass amounts of money to City, at least before the spawn towns have been auctioned off/claimed. Making money via VMR and Skyblock is completely ok for City.

18. OlympiansAreGods

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Ohhh okay, sorry, I get what you mean now. There are a couple options to tackle this.

A) Set the /bank withdraw limit on city to a set amount or B) Keep spawn towns as prizes or something to that degree.

But, nearly every wealthy member will want a spawn town, and I'm guessing the bidding will go into the millions, how much money will that take out of the economy?

I totally understand (now lol) where you're coming from, but allowing the bank to be used normally on the city server would benefit everybody, as richer users would want to spends a lot of their money on things like spawn towns and if there is a new market then 1st row spawn shops, etc. Thus taking that money away.

19. oxwood2

Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,464
    The amount of money any bidding would take out of the economy is negligible compared to the amount of wealth some users have. Do we really want the new spawn towns in control of the same exact people that have the current spawn towns? I know of at one user in particular who could pay for every rising spawn town by themselves without even making a dent in their supply. That seems to me a continuation of the old rather than a new chance for everyone.

But wouldn't having the users currently with assets retain said assets only benefit those select users? If I'm Minecraftlover123 and I'm relatively new to the server, but know how to make money via farming/mining/vmr, etc do I really benefit from having RichBoy69 buy 12 of the 16 spawn towns?

Let's make this a fair fight for all users, new and old, and disable /bank withdraw on City.

#19 oxwood2, Aug 11, 2018 at 6:40 AM
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 6:44 AM
  20. OlympiansAreGods

Ratings:
    +1,036
    You have a very valid point. But, they could limit 1 spawn town per user? I don't know. I'm not very rich so it's not like I'm for /bank withdraw being enabled because I have millions of ECD waiting to purchase everything, and users with that much money shouldn't be able to come in and buy all the spawn towns, so like, (Considering they auction) 1 Spawn Town per User would be fair. But I do see your point, not just with spawn towns.. But new users would be able to be atleast a good 50k a day in skyblock and transfer it to the new server and use it for building towns, tools, hiring people, etc. thus boosting the economy, you've got to remember that new players log on and don't really want to spend literally hours/days to get a town, so although I believe they shouldn't just log in and get a town straight away, there should be a settlement in the middle.

It could also be argued that next reset, the ratio (I'm pretty sure) is going to be 1:1, that means that people will be able to transfer their forum balance into skyblock straight away. Just like when skyblock came out this year, people put tons of money into exchanging ecd for sbd and the economy is alright, new and old players are striving, and /bank withdraw has always been enabled, so.. I guess we will have to see how this players out..