Coming Soon! Underground city of Welkynd!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vaaldraem, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Vaaldraem

Vaaldraem Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I give you the Underground City of Welkynd! (More Info after pictures)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^ Welkynd Lobby and future Portal spot

[​IMG]
    ^ Houses in the In-ground living Quarters - Current residents: ChibizDemise, Starfish21, BLTwitch, Vaaldraem

[​IMG]
    ^ The plots available in the In-ground Living Quarters (more details in next section)

[​IMG]
    ^The Welkynd Courtroom/Meetingroom/Church

[​IMG]
    ^The player-owned Shop plots available (more details in next section)

[​IMG]
    ^ Welkynd Public Gardens (more details in next section)

[​IMG]
    ^Welkynd Open-space living Quarters - featuring WeWinAgain, BLTwitch, and Pink Sheep! (more details in next section)

The city does not have a road leading to the main entrance, but there is a tunnel with a railway inside. the entrance to the tunnel can only be accessed by members of the city by locked doors. The railroad will have a few Minecarts in a locked chest, only accessed by members of the city, as well. Right now theres not too many plots available because it takes forever to dig out this place! I will continue to expand the city as time passes, if we need more space.

The City of Welkynd is unique from the average, normal city. It has alot of potential to be a pretty good city. It doesnt have nearly as much space as a normal city, and its more for people who like cozy, little homes - not massive, decorative mansions that just waste space.

City of Welkynd Features:

Municiple Court / Meetingroom / Church:
    This room gives the City a sense of importance and stability, Every good city has an building for Official business.
    -Has seating for up to 16 people (comfortably)
    -Has a Judge's Stand that can hold a Judge (Mayor) and even a Server Official Moderator.
    -Has a small "Accused Box" for the "defendant" to stay in
    -Has a small stand infront of the Judge(s) for Witness or Prosecution/Plantiff to speak.
    -Features the City of Welkynd Logo behind a glass wall in the back of the room.

City of Welkynd Marketplace:

Featuring 10 shops, with several different floor styles
    4 Hardwood Floor shops: Size 4x5x2: $100 -- Size 5x5x2: $120
    6 Colored Wool Floors: "Snazzy orange" Size 4x5x2: $250 -- "Bold Crimson" or "Honorable Gold" Size 5x5x2: $220 -- "Royal Blue Showroom Floor" Size 6x9x3: $600 Size 7x6x3: $500
    Rules for Shops: Keep prices reasonable, Do not remove/change the floor, walls, or ceiling. You may only move the torches.

City of Welkynd Public Garden: Size: 32x32x4
    This room is a small, quite sanctuary to walk around and relax in. Featuring a small water fountain in the middle, surrounded by 4 corners of a Plains biome, with more biomes on the outer corners: Nether, Tundra, Islands, and Desert. There is also a new Lava Pool room with Netherrack floors, and a fence around the lava so you dont accidentally murder someone in a fiery inferno.

City of Welkynd In-ground Living Quarters: Plot Size: 12x10
    You are allowed to build into the ground/ceiling due to small space... such as making a basement or attic. the actual open space is only 3 blocks tall. Every plot is the same size and they are now $1000 for a plot. There are no specific styles to follow, so build with whatever you want. Be aware that youre underground, so there may be small caves above/under your plot.
    Please keep your plot well-lit so monsters do not spawn and attack the other city residents.
    The one major rule for these plots: Do NOT replace/remove the Cobblestone walls bordering your plot, your plot size does not include this wall. I make routine inspections to make sure your not going outside your plot border.

City of Welkynd Open-space Living Quarters: Room size: 100x50x9, Plot Size: 20x20

In this massive room, you are given a much larger plot size, but you are NOT allowed to build into the ceiling. You can build down into the floor, but you are only 5 blocks above Bedrock level, so you cant go too far down anyways. Plot size includes the Wooden Plank borders, so you may change/remove those is you like.

Each plot is 20x20 and only costs $2000.
    There are 2 rows of 4 plots, with walkways bordering the 4 sides of each plot. There are no building restrictions/styles, as long as it looks decent. You may choose to build a house, a statue, a pixel-art creation, whatever!

Owner and Mayor": Vaaldraem
    Co-mayor: Starfish21
    City Residents: ChibizDemise, WeWinAgain, LostAlaskan89, Daneth (banned), BLTwitch, Starfish21, Kukelekuuk00, Mission001

The City is now officially opened and is available to Residents and SOME builders! Ask me (Vaaldraem) if you wish to buy a home or shop plot!

2. Daneth

Daneth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys should check it out. This city's still in progress, but it's already very impressive. Both living areas are visually appealing, and the shop plots are well organized. (The public garden is a really cool spot to visit as well, imo)

3. Vaaldraem

Vaaldraem Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it just me, or are the pictures cut off on the right side? D:

And thanks for the good words, Daneth!

4. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    They might be cutoff if they're to big, it doesn't auto resize them >_>

And I've been here before, it was nice~

5. Vaaldraem

Vaaldraem Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    I have put in Trade signs in the "Big room" to help people that need standard building materials, such as Stone, Cobble, Glass, wood planks, and a couple colors of Wool.

The prices are slightly above Server price because im still 15k short of Mayor and need some money.

6. HDvorteX

HDvorteX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +11
    Looks pretty cool, good luck :)

7. Kojigaki

Kojigaki Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    I plan near in the future for an Undertown revamp so keep your head on your shoulders as I blow you away with the progress you will see within the next 1-2 months ;3 ,but I will say Welkynd it is very nice.

8. HeavensFallen

HeavensFallen Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    But koji i went to see what this place looked like compared to undertown, and its not really anything like it except for being underground. Undertown is a big wide open place underground, this town is a series of tunnels with separate rooms.

9. Vaaldraem

Vaaldraem Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, about 3 days into digging, i learned about UnderTown and had to go see it. I was hoping to have a unique thing going, and once I saw that it was just a big, WorldEdit'ed room, i knew that my idea was still unique :p UnderTown is pretty good, but it just seems a bit abandoned. Welkynd is probably just staying a small city since it takes forever to dig, so right now theres just eight 20x20 plots and eight 12x10 plots.

But im making it a better place every day, working on it vigorously, and pushing the potential to make it a great place.

10. Kojigaki

Kojigaki Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    You have to understand towns become abandoned due to the fact people use the towns just to make a mark....you know? Just to build a place to build a place in and nothing more, and with the size of your town it will be abandoned in no time, and if not its going to get damn boring once you realize there is nothing to do any further to with the town.

11. Vaaldraem

Vaaldraem Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Well thank you for those inspiring words. What an ass.

12. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    When im next online,
    I would like to buy a shop area and a living area, but catch me when i get back if there are still stores and living areas available.

Looks awesome

13. Kojigaki

Kojigaki Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    Never said it looked ugly, i'm just stating its really small.....I personally like the layout of it and will say it does look nice, but size is important :p

14. Vaaldraem

Vaaldraem Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Unlike every other city, I dont have WorldEdit or open space to help out. hand digging every single block out by hand isnt going to result in a massive series of tunnels and rooms.

And thank you, Mission, ill keep a look out for you

15. antcubing

antcubing Builder

Ratings:
    +58

I didn't have world edit either >_>

I had to clear out about a 70x70 area and place a layer of dirt blocks over the rest. (it's 200x200)

16. Vaaldraem

Vaaldraem Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Ant, this project has taken about 114,000+ blocks of digging/mining so far :p which made a nice chunk of money, so i guess WorldEdit would have made it alot easier, but i would have like... no money at all xD And thanks, Andy! You should take a quick tour on your next day off!

17. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    Why does it matter how much hours of clicking you spent >_<

Anyways, awesome looking city, it would be awesome to have a subway system going :p

18. Vaaldraem

Vaaldraem Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip, Rezon! Instead of a road leading to it, i dug a tunnel leading between the city and the East Portal (well, as close as I could get to the portal) Ill work on the tunnel more and add in tracks if I can ever afford them >< Boosters and rails are expensive!

I am now 4.1k away from Mayor (With discount) and the city should officially be opening soon!