Commodities Trading Floor

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by jbertig, Oct 5, 2017.

1. jbertig

jbertig Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +126
    Hey guys,

I started playing with an idea I had today. 4 World Trade Center had one of the world's biggest commodity trading floors; it was featured in the Eddie Murphy movie Trading Places if anybody has seen it. I started replicating it in Regalis' 4 World Trade Center today, and got the idea to set it up so players can acutally buy and sell bulk food items there at some rate, say 10% over /sell, and maybe buy at 20% over. I know the selling feature will have interest, cuz players will make more money than /sell will get them. Basically it would work like you're actually buying something from a commodity market around wholesale (the base cost of something, in this case, it's based on what I'd get if I sold it to the server) then marking it up in your own store when u stock, saving u from having to farm. I don't want to set this up if it will be a money loser, so I thought I'd take to the forums and ask how many people would buy from such a thing!

Thanks for feedback!

2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Great idea jbertig! I would love to buy oranges on the market :p

3. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Would be great if you can make it convenient for players - people aren't going to be against buying food if the utility cost of buying is less than the utility cost of farming it themselves. If you set up a warp right there and design the market so it's easily navigable, then you should see a decent return. It mostly depends on what working capital you've got available.