[Contract]

Discussion in 'Denied Contracts Archive' started by OppyStoppy, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    IGN:
    IceyErem

Users Involved in this Contract:
    @PvPMaster911

General Purpose of Contract:
    To provide a binding contract so we can both do loans and so Pvp may be a staff member of the bank.

I (the contract initiator) agree to the following terms, and agree that my failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract, as outlined in Rule 3:
    • Will transfer 20-50 percent of the total "Absolute Zero" bank balance every week to @PvPMaster911, as close to Sunday as possible. Exception: I am banned, offline 3 days+, @PvPMaster911 is banned, offline or removed from the Absolute Zero staff team.
      • The absolute zero bank balance is simply how much money the bank has to loan, which is at my discretion.
    • I will always notify @PvPMaster911 if any of the exceptions are true via forum pm and/or in-game mail.
    • I hold the right to request all money to be sent directly back to me with a 4-week notice.
    • When @PvPMaster911 sends all of the payback back to me, I will give him 50% of the interest.

The other user(s) involved in this contract must agree to the following terms:
    • @PvPMaster911 Will always use the money received from me to conduct loans, and these loans must be recorded via forum pm.
    • If @PvPMaster911 is scammed, he will have 4 weeks to return all that money to me.
    • @PvPMaster911 Must use all the rules in the Absolute Zero thread, i.e. interest.
    • @PvPMaster911 May use his share of the interest to make further loans, but that also must be recorded via forum pm. He also, if he chooses, not to do so.
    • If @PvPMaster911 is banned and he holds some of the bank's money, all of that money must go to me upon unban. Failure to do so is a breach of contract.
    • If @PvPMaster911 is banned and posses some of the bank's money, this is also a breach of contract and must be returned immediately.
    • @PvPMaster911 Will not remove me from the town, nor grief anything in said town: /rg I absolutezero. He may place loan payback signs in the designated area, which is obvious.

I agree that the terms in this contract are subject to all of EcoCityCraft's rules, including the rules listed specifically in this forum. I understand that the contract may be affected by future changes in EcoCityCraft rules and server updates, and I accept that due to the possibility of such changes, this contract may be at my own risk. I understand that the contents of this contract are subject to staff assessment, review and approval before it is a binding contract under EcoCityCraft rules. I accept that action may not be taken in case of a breach of contract if appropriate and sufficient evidence is not provided of such.:
    Yes

#1 OppyStoppy, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. PvPMaster911

PvPMaster911 Ex-GA
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +428
    I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:
    Yes

3. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    Great, meet 'chu in game tommorow! :D

4. PvPMaster911

PvPMaster911 Ex-GA
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +428
    Can’t wait! Extremely excited to work with you.

5. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    @IceyErem @PvPMaster911

Aside from more subtle errors (open endedness, lack of variables, ect.) - The basic problem with the contract still exists: Money is fungible. Or in other words, one dollar and another dollar are totally interchangable and there's no way to track what money goes where. This means that there's literally no way to know whether or not loans @PvPMaster911 makes are using @IceyErem's money or not, and thus whether @IceyErem is entitled to the money/interest. Not only that, but unless @IceyErem has access to the server logs, there's no way to track what loans are made anyways, else than just trusting @PvPMaster911 word (and in that case, what's the need for a contract?). This means that not only will @IceyErem be unable to prove a breach of contract in a complaint, but they'd be hard pressed to get evidence of a loan being made anyways.

Basically, the provisions of this contract rest on the assumption that everyone plays nice and is honest, and falls apart when there's a dispute - And if everyone plays nice and is honest, there's no point to the contract. If you (@IceyErem) really want to lend @PvPMaster911 money that they in turn can lend out, you can just make general loan agreement with defined timeframes/variables and without strings attached on where the money from the loan goes. Anything less than that would be unenforceable just like this contract.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.