Debt_ Relief Fund

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jdawger, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    Debt_ Relief Fund
    Total Debt:$1,224,000
    Total Paid:$5,000
    Total Left:$1,219,000

Hello everybody, we have some very sad news.
    Just recently, a certain player was banned for loan scamming some players. This left these players with a huge hole in their balance. Now, rumor has it that he will probably not be back for a looooong time, plus at least two other people had huge debts with him.

This is where you can help.

Introducing the Debt_ Relief Fund, a place where you can help these players obtain what they lost

How can I donate?
    We have two solutions for payment
    ~Transfer funds via /bank to me, @Jdawger with some text similar to "Debt_ Relief Fund"
    ~There is a pay sign also at /warp L5 where you can donate anonomyously

(If you want recognition, forum message me or respond to the thread)

I got scammed by him. Can I get on this list?
    Of course! All you need to do is show me your agreement and/or the complaint against him and I can add you to the list.
    (Do note that I will start by funding the amount he had to pay back, then we can talk about late fees once everyone is paid back)

People in Need:
    @_Sharpy - $300,000 ($300,000 left)
    @albiz - $924,000 ($919,000 left)

People Pending complaint:
    @Jdawger - $500,000
    @TJanicki - $1,140,000
    Thank you and Merry Christmas

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 Jdawger, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    Sigh. @Debt_ you didn't even get mod. So sorry to hear that ECC just didn't fit your interests anymore, and I hope you'll come back one day. It's true, you ended your ECC life by scamming some amazing, active players but a good friend always needs a good farewell. I know that people might hate you for the stuff you did, but I'll always miss and remember you on ECC. Best of luck outside of our server!

I'll probably donate some after I get out of debt myself (don't worry Erem I won't scam) just so that we don't have a hole in our economy. I don't play on ECC for the money, I play because of such a toxicity-free, fun and friendly community we have on here, and I hope we can work together to fund for such a big loss. :)

Merry Christmas!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    That's good to hear! :p

4. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    I'm pretty sure he owes/owed me 200k in a couple weeks or so, I'll see if I can find the screenie.

5. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
    Very good of you to do this! However it'd be better if he just paid his debts like everyone else would if they got into debt. Merry Christmas and thanks again for what you're doing! :)

6. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster

Ratings:
    +526
    Will miss you @Debt_
    One of the few people I could really and truly trust on this server, and you've always helped me out, joked with me, cheapened things for me and more that will take too long to type. It is sad that you are leaving ECC for a bit; I don't think I could ever leave such a fun and close community we have here. It's like no other server. And as MarshmallowDerp said, I'll donate to this too once I get out of debt, because of all the times you've saved me money by doing things for me free or saved me money by giving me information.

Merry Christmas

7. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    @Debt_ was my boy, good leaving dude. not paying to this :^)

next time go out more like obble

#7 Capbo_, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  8. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    Edit

#8 Jdawger, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  9. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +97
    I feel your pain. I have been scammed many times. I figured that the least I can do is donate 5k via the sign.

5k Donated.

:)

10. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    Thank you for your donation @Blizzard_04 . Your 5k will go towards @albiz ‘s debt.

11. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    He was a really good friend, and i feel like a lot of people owed him money- high chance he hasn't paid back due to others not paying him. But this is just a biased opinion.

12. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    That is true, but at the same time, be used that money in sb, losing more money compared to what he won.

13. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I thought we weren’t allowed to talk about another player’s ban reason?

I’m not sure how I feel about this, it feels like you’re only doing this because you’re owed money (though I’m not sure because I wasn’t able to find your complaint). There are loads of people who were scammed as well and still waiting on their money years later, why not try and help them too? I get that Ryan gambled, but that’s no reason to comment about how he spent his money. I would have donated, but then I realize that you guys also took a risk with your money, while shaming Ryan for doing the same. With how you’ve handled this, I actually feel bad for Ryan. :(

Good luck trying to recover the money you’re owed, pretty sad how this all turned out.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #13 Ladyvamptress, Dec 4, 2017
  14. Conorx

Conorx Its well and truly Big Boy Season
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +293
    Not trying to be rude; trust me I understand that the loss of a substantial amount of money is unfortunate. However, although he said he won’t be back for ‘a loooong time’, what if he comes back soon enough? Do those who donated get their cash back when he repays his debt?

I recently owed @DiamondDesire around 600,000ECD, and when I got banned I didn’t see her post something like this. I made it clear at the time I didn’t want to come back. Here I am a few months later. Go figure.

Loans are a risk, and you should understand that when giving them out. Of course, he broke the rules, yet when giving a loan you really should recognise the risk of the player going inactive etc. Furthermore, nothing against you, but it seems like you set this up purely because you were affected, like @Ladyvamptress said.

Most people have been scammed on the server, and this is the first (maybe second) post like this I’ve seen.

If I were you, I’d suck it up and move on; wait for him to inevitably try come back.

15. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    Ryan didnt "take a ban" sharpy would have rather had him banned then set up a new timeframe. -1 Also nice try to get money for yourself!

16. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster

Ratings:
    +526
    Sharpy was just an absolute bleep for doing that though.

17. TJanicki

TJanicki /warp monaco
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +162
  18. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    I realize that. I'll edit it

I haven't put a complaint out yet. In short, I am building a tree farm for him and a vault (many people know I am doing this). Since I am still in the process of finishing it, I put it as a low priority. This was mostly because I was talking to the others who lost money because of this guy and they were pissed beyond belief (as it was big money).

I'll put mine in a "Pending" section so it wouldn't confuse/make people think that I am trying to syphon money for myself.

I was planning on evolving this little relief fund into something like that through the ECCMuseum. I hate when people scam and I feel bad for the scammed.

When/if he decides to appeal, instead of him paying the people back, I would be doing it instead (or at least part of it depending on the amount)

Thank you for your opinion @RaginDevonian , but I will not be labeled a scammer anymore by anyone. I am trying to help these people as they lost a good chunk of money. I put myself as low priority because I don't 100% care about the money. Yes, he owes me money, but if I only raise enough for the others, then so be it.

Also, who cares if @_Sharpy wanted him banned or not, He had the right to refuse an extension of time. In addition, @MarshmallowDerp offered to loan the money to him so he would not leave the community, but he refused that too. Maybe saying "Debt_ wanted to be banned" is a little too vague, but he was unwilling to work out something

#18 Jdawger, Dec 4, 2017
  19. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
  20. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    You call Ryan a friend, but yet you’ve basically attacked him here and in another complaint, painting him as a scammer who just took the money and ran. Clearly that isn’t what happened, he even tried to work out a plan with Sharpy... sure it wasn’t the best plan and he could have explained it differently, but he was trying to pay the money back. All banning him did was delay the paybacks even more for everyone. Flawed system, I know, but is it fair to then come and ask the community to pay off Ryan’s debts? Let’s say you raised the $2m or however much it totals... then Ryan can appeal and come back debt free... that’s not right. This was my point on why I didn’t know about this. Ryan should have to pay his own debts off. I know that means that everyone has to wait on their money, but he didn’t have to be banned, that ban came across like a vindictive decision. Everyone wants their money back so bad they are willing to beg the community, but no one thought to not ban him and work something out so Ryan could actually pay off his debts? Lol, come on. Whatever, it’s the community’s choice if they want to donate to this, I personally won’t cause Ryan can appeal and he should pay off his own debts. I feel like this is a bad idea.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #20 Ladyvamptress, Dec 4, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.