Eben48 Town Claims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jdawger, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    ok, am I missing something? Why is everyone claiming eben48’s towns even though he is only 18 weeks off the forums and not permabanned (to my knowledge)?

@eben48

EDIT: I learned from @FFA_Jdub that eben48 is 6 months offline in game, but still, the forum is less than 6 months

#1 Jdawger, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Imabankthing

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,281
    No idea why people are trying as you say eben48 is only 18 weeks offline on forums. Made me think we had a recent suggestion accepted or something however all I could find in relation to town claims was this.
    https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/simplify-town-claim-application.158669/

Edit - Had a quick check of the wiki and last seen on forum still counts. Although the town claim application no longer requires screenshots of forum & in-game /seen so who knows.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #2 Imabankthing, Jan 1, 2018
  3. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    @314 states that if ingame is 6 months, u don’t need forum. Forum is only needed if the /seen is “Player Not Found”
    Four years in ECC and I didn’t know that

4. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    I’m thinking that must be new with the simplification thing... I’ve filed many claims now and you needed screenshots of both. Haven’t done one since the simplified update...

I think it’s a positive in some ways...Do they still tag the user and wait three days @314 ? Can the user still refute the claim if they don’t come in game?

#4 stigarose, Jan 1, 2018
  5. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    All great questions.

6. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    According to the simplification suggestion, "Why are you attempting to claim this town?" and "What are your future plans with this town?" were removed. Everything else has remained the same.
    The application has been stating "Provide a screenshot showing their current status (6 Month+ Offline, PermaBanned, Contract)" for a long time now, nothing has changed about that.
    Yes, because the process hasn't been changed in any way (just two irrelevant questions on the application itself).

As long as the in-game /seen is available, the forum activity is irrelevant. If it's below six months the town cannot be claimed, if it's above six months it can be claimed. In that case the owner must log in to the server to prevent the town claim.

If /seen is not available, the forum activity counts. If it's above six months and a town claim has been filed, the owner has to log in to the forum to prevent it because that will reset the forum inactivity to 0 (which is the only relevant statistic since /seen would still be gone).

There appears to have been some confusion about that.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  7. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    So, for example, I am offline 6 months in game, but only an hour on the forums, my town can still be claimed. That is so weird lol

8. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    Thats why we have the 3 day waiting time they pm you on the forums before towns are claimed.

#8 jwpwns, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  9. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Four years on ECC and I never really understood this. Now I do and it’s a game changer

#9 Jdawger, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018