ECC Service Revival

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattgdream, Sep 4, 2017.

1. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +35
    In ECC, there has always been a demand for simple services and there has always been a supply for them. The problem though is that in recent years, the value of these services has been basically completely devastated to the point that they are free and the only way to make money is to be tipped by providing them.

The services that I am (mostly) referring to, are donation features such as repairs and teleports. These 2 things alone are a hugely profitable market that was once booming. I am guilty of providing these services for free and not even accepting tips which is now the only way to make money from providing these services. I would like to bring the value back to these services by somehow getting people to charge for these again.

This proposition will not only open up a huge market but it'll also allow players to create in-game businesses/companies that are also currently lacking. Not only this, but it'll generate more money for the server. People will see more value in these features and would be more inclined to buy them for themselves.

Thank you for reading and I would love for people to give their input and spread the news!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. TeddyEdition

TeddyEdition Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    Hmm. half of me says "If you do a big job, then mostly they will pay. why can't you do it for free?"
    But half of me says "Thats really smart and people should pay more for those kind of stuff for a bigger market."
    still, i think its a good idea to boost economy on the server.

#2 TeddyEdition, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  3. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Well although what you say is well and good I don't feel that people should have to save up for the simple services that are needed to play the game smoothly. I strongly believe that everyone should have the next to same experience as everyone else and that they shouldn't have to pay irl money or huge amounts of ingame money which they could spend on something else. I do accept tips though but I don't force them too and I will continue doing them for free because that's just what I believe.

Sorry :/ #ForTheMany

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    I don't mean charging huge amounts. Literally like 100 EcoDollars per repair. Thats what I charged years ago and charged 1k for unlimited repairs for life.

5. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    I guess that could work

6. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    Even if people don't charge much, I believe it will create a much needed market that was once VERY relevant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. TeddyEdition

TeddyEdition Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah your right

8. Bavana

Bavana Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +850
    W0T, Can I still get free ereps smh

9. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I agree 100%! I can remember years ago, before I was able to buy the features for myself, paying $1k per tool for ereps. I never had a problem paying that because if you use the tool enough to need it repaired, you can afford that and still make a nice profit.

Now I charge $100 a trip (or $50 for non-enchanted items). People, including low ranked members seem to not have a problem paying this. I run into very few players who refuses to pay me or complains that I charge. I can remember people would say they provide free services to their town members and this generates a demand to buy plots in that town because you were getting much more than just a plot. I am guilty of giving out free services myself, I have a big heart and just want to help people out, but the market is still there to charge if people would stop providing people with free services.

List of things I charge for and prices:
    Repair- $50 (per trip)
    Enchanted Repair- $100 (per trip)
    Anvil Service- $100 ($150 for color) each and includes adding enchants, combining items, naming, etc.
    Smelt Service- $1,000 (double chest), $500 (single chest), $100 for anything smaller.
    TPs- $25 ($50 to coords).
    Water Placement- $100 starting, more if it's a large area or a big farm.
    Lava Placement- $100 starting, more if it's a large area.
    Investigation- $100 (if I find anything), some people pay me even if there are no logs.

That's mainly what I charge for and my prices. As I said, I rarely run into anyone who complains that they have to pay and yes I do let some people off with not paying at all... depends on my mood and if I have to stop what I'm doing. I have even come across people who pay me way more than I charge! Which is always a nice surprise.

I do support the attempt to try and get people to cut back on handing out these services for free. Most people who have these features have their own town, if you guys want to offer them for free, offer them to your town members as a nice perk!

#9 Ladyvamptress, Sep 4, 2017
  10. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    Well said. I also am guilty of giving them out for free as are most users now I believe. The thing is that a few people can't bring the market back. It needs to be a group effort by most of the server.

11. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I agree and you can't make others charge if they don't want to. I have very regular customers who pay me each time, even when they could get it for free, loyalty is a good thing as well. I have been seeing people ask over and over for ereps lately and not many people wanting to do it, so maybe it's the time to start charging again to make doing these services for people worth it. It would be great if more people jump on board, I for one will mostly charge for my services.

#11 Ladyvamptress, Sep 4, 2017
  12. kconahan

kconahan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +279
    Sounds legit. I used to make bank selling these. No more freebies from me

13. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    #NoMoreFreebies

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I believe in equal opportunity- not equal experience. So everyone has the option to save up their money and get the feature through ingame cash. that is what I have done and what I will continue to do. You also have the option to not save up and rely on others for repairs which is fair but I like the idea of charging for it. Because it does take time away from that person even if it is for a few seconds.
    +1

15. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    I don't see a point in charging, someone please explain why you would charge. I don't mind doing them for free, I accept tips, but I don't see a reason to make people pay for something that takes a few seconds. You tp to them, repair it, and /back.

16. Canadian_Apple

Canadian_Apple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,302
    I have always offered my services for free, and will always offer them for free. Because my aim is to help people out when they need it; not leach money off of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  17. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    I side with both of these people @Ladyvamptress it may have earned you some money back in the day but times have changed it's not like ecc used to be. Making people pay for every enchanted repair, every tp here and there is great but we don't have as much player base as we used to people are going to get angry with this sudden change and may even cause people to leave the server. We need to be focusing on making as many people welcome on ecc so they can stay not make them feel like everyone else has the advantage to have these services and charge them for it they will feel unwanted. This could have worked back when before but time have changed and we must evolve.

18. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    It isn't about the money. It's about adding to the economy and adding value to make services worth something. This is an economy server. Paying for things that you may consider "basic" adds to the challenge and the drive to succeed in the game.

19. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    It isn't about the money. It's about adding to the economy and adding value to make services worth something. This is an economy server. Paying for things that you may consider "basic" adds to the challenge and the drive to succeed in the game.

20. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    this is true as well