Guide to having a safe transaction

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by Drewbo_, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! Today I will be showing you how to have a safe transaction with other users to reduce the risk of being scammed. There will be multiple sections throughout this guide to show you different scenarios.

Trade Signs
    Trade signs are very useful in item trades such as; diamonds, gold, iron, etc. Trade signs pretty much prevent the other user of scamming you because the trade sign is the middleman for more information on middlemen scroll down. Trade signs are fairly useful for transactions of items.

Why not to use trade signs
    Trade signs have a few disadvantages as I will list below;​
    - Cannot use items with lore (owned items are included in this)
    - Limited to only items
    - Trade signs are a bit buggy atm
    - You have to be resident and above to use them.
    - If you want more information on trade signs and how to create them click here.

Middlemen
    A middleman is basically you giving your end of the deal to another user to hold until the other user holds up there end of the deal, then the middleman does the exchange.

Example
    Lets say that Matrix_rep is trying to buy the feature 'Pet Enderdragon' off of Jwpwns for 900k, and the middleman was BackToThePast. Matrix would pay Back the 900k, Jwpwns would purchase the feature for Matrix, and once Matrix receives the feature he would notify Back and he would transfer the funds over to Jwpwns.

Why should you use middlemen?
    Middlemen are very useful if one of the parties is attempting to scam you. If one of the parties doesn't hold up there end of the deal, the middleman can just transfer the funds back over to the original user and they can file a report for attempted scamming.

Ways of making the agreement
    The defination of agreement is "a negotiated and typically legally binding arrangement between parties as to a course of action." Agreements on ECC are you and another party having a deal. If one of you doesn't hold up your end of the deal then it is considered scamming.

Agreements can be done in many ways such as contracts, or in-game agreements. Here I will show you some of my tips and tricks on contracts and in-game agreements to be sure that you have that solid deal.

Contracts
    Contracts are very delicate things to deal with, you have to be very careful with dealing with these. But I do have a few tips/tricks for you to use when writing your contract to make sure that it is perfect.
    - If you are dealing with an item always make sure you include the ItemID of the item you are dealing with.
    - Be sure to include the timezone the contract will be based upon, i.e. the time of payments and such.
    - If any part of the contract involves you paying another user make sure that you always include the way that you will be paying them i.e. /pay, or bank transfer (forum premium only).
    - If you are dealing with a user giving another user an item and or money be sure to always include the timeframe that the item has to be givin in. Example: [​IMG]
    Or:
    [​IMG]
    - Make sure that you proof-read your contract and make sure that it has everything that both the parties agreed on.

In-Game Agreements
    I personally don't recommend in-game agreements for stuff like loans, long star tool rentals, or building agreements for the following reason that they aren't as specific as they should be. There can be to many loopholes, and a chance of you losing evidence. But I do have a few things that you should use in-game agreements for, and some tips.​

- In-game agreements are good for, sale of towns, sale of items, and other small stuff like that.
    - Make sure that you collect evidence by double tapping f2.
    - Collect evidence of; the agreement, the transfer of the item(s), and or the payment.
    - For more information on collecting evidence I would recommend checking out this link.
    - I would recommend using something like imgur.com or tinypic.com for uploading your screenshot.
    - Check out the "How to post a screenshot" guide on the wiki for more information on uploading your screenshots.

In Conclusion
    In conclusion I would like to thank you for getting this far in my guide and reading the whole thing, it took me a nice amount of time to make this and I am happy to post it for you all to use to your advantage. Thank you for your time :).

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #1 Drewbo_, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2017
  2. GoatsRMeLife

GoatsRMeLife Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +342
    Looks good Drewbo_ but i would have the trade signs red and make the ones that are red, green :)

3. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Edited; Thank you :)

4. ThatKidArshi

ThatKidArshi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +323
    I'm not trying to be an ass slapper but I hate this shit

Jk ty fam

#4 ThatKidArshi, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  5. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Nice guide @Drewbo_. I'm going to tag someone who was interested in how to protect himself from scammers, think this will help him out. :) @Hammerstrike

6. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,288
    It is always welcome when someone takes their time and effort to help others, especially those that may not be familiar with the quirks of this economy server.
    Job well done!

7. Stillwoke

Stillwoke Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +61
    Forgot to mention that I appreciated this thread when I read it before playing. It gave me a pretty darn good understanding of how trading works around here. Thanks!

8. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump it up!