Sticky KitPVP Player Input

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JamieSinn, Jul 10, 2018.

1. xboyfernz

xboyfernz President

Ratings:
    +1,029
    4 months is good amount of time I'll settle with that.

2. LeosZombie

LeosZombie President

Ratings:
    +17
    If it's more of an open house kitpvp where you just jump down into the map from the spawn room might I suggest a villager or something you can click to randomly teleport somewhere in the map.

3. cheese_ball_3

cheese_ball_3 Çhêê§ê lðrÐ
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +301
    lots of kit pvp servers have like jump pads in different areas at spawn so u can jump to different areas of the map

4. LeosZombie

LeosZombie President

Ratings:
    +17
    that depends on the size of the map and the design of the spawn area though.

5. JamieSinn

JamieSinn ECC Lead Administrator
    Server Owner Developer Premium User Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +4,446
    Thank you all for this amazing feedback.

I greatly understand the no pay to win setup and that is honestly my goal.

I'd like your feedback on what kinds of things SHOULD be in the shop.

Ill post later on regarding what I have in mind currently for the store

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. cheese_ball_3

cheese_ball_3 Çhêê§ê lðrÐ
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +301
    maybe u can buy certain types of gear like lava buckets and stuff with kills. But if u want the gear you would have to buy it every life.

7. xboyfernz

xboyfernz President

Ratings:
    +1,029
    Maybe you could have kill effects in the shop Idk maybe a death cry maybe when you kill someone. Cosmetics that don't effect the gameplay you know what I mean

8. Aqua_Luna3

Aqua_Luna3 President
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $390,000
    Ratings:
    +461
    What is going to happen to the SG kits that people have now? I think I remember someone saying that they would be transferred over to kitpvp. Is this still the case?

9. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,446
    I'll explain that in the future. It depends on how we monetize the server.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Awesomah

Awesomah Resident

Ratings:
    +30
    Making such a gamemode much more fun and addicting is possible via adding some stuff that can only be obtained through hours of grinding (while keeping other stuff temporarily obtainable). And also, making those stuff not effect gameplay massively (and eventually make new players give up immediately) could be prevented by those "stuff" being small things, such as the helmet and boots parts of an armor set.
    Here is my idea:

Make Helmet and Boots parts of armor permanent and their enchantments VERY expensive to buy and upgrade (Chestplate and Leggings will be temporary armor that you lose when you die).

Permanent Armor
    • These are the normal armor upgrades. These will both give more armor points and a better look to player:
    - first "upgrade" in this section gives permanent Leather Helmet. (1 armor points)
    - second upgrade gives permanent Leather Helmet + Leather Boots. (2 armor points)
    - third upgrade gives permanent Gold Helmet + Leather Boots (3 armor)
    - fourth upgrade gives permanent Chainmail Helmet + Iron Boots (4 armor)
    - fifth upgrade gives permanent Iron Helmet + Diamond Boots (5 armor)
    - sixth upgrade gives permanent Diamond Helmet + Diamond Boots (6 armor).

• These are the enchantment upgrades that will only apply to the armor mentioned above. (I am not too sure about enchantment levels btw)
    NOTE: I will be focusing more on Projectile Protection here because i think bows should be nerfed in some way and this is a good opportunity to do so. And Helmet/Boots will not have FireProt or BlastProt because those enchantments should be special for Chestplate/Leggings, which would allow players to buy armor with different enchantments depending on the players they are playing against use to kill them, which would allow "meta-play" even more.
    - first "upgrade" in this section gives Projectile Protection 1 to your Helmet.
    - second upgrade gives Proj.Prot 1 to Helmet and Protection 1 to Boots
    - third upgrade gives Proj.Prot 2 to Helmet and Protection 1 to Boots
    - fourth upgrade gives Proj.Prot 2 to Helmet and Protection 2 to Boots
    - fifth upgrade gives Proj.Prot 3 to Helmet and Protection 2 to Boots.
    - sixth upgrade(?)
    -*** Depth Strider, Feather Falling, Respiration and Aqua Affinity enchantments(?) on what levels and which upgrades(?)

Temporary Armor
    - Make only unenchanted Chestplates/Leggings buyable from shop.
    - Make Prot/ProjProt/FireProt/BlastProt Enchantment Books buyable. So people can buy whatever material Chestplate/Leggings they want and add them any Enchanted Book possible for vanilla.
    NOTE: The permanent armor pieces (Helmet/Boots) will not be enchantable or "anvillable". They will only be enchanted through permanent upgrades section in the shop.

I think variety on weapons should be as vast as possible. Such as allowing use of Flint and Steel (very low durability), Lava Buckets(?), Chargable Fire Charges and/or 1 durability Special Enchanted Bows.

Weapons
    - I leave the simple parts upto you. Such as adding Swords and Axes to shop and adding different enchantments for them etc.
    - Low durability Flint and Steel
    - TNT that blows with a delay, like 5 seconds.
    - TNT that blows instantly (very expensive)
    - Fire Charges that can be Charged and would blow, dealing damage upon hitting someone/something.
    - 3 use durability Bow with Flame enchantment
    - 1 use durability bow with Punch 3 (or a higher level)
    - Fishing Rod
    - Lava Bucket (very expensive). The placed lava could be automatically destroyed after a while or there could be Empty Buckets in the shop for a very low price so players could counter Lava Bucket users.
    - Potions (weakness, slowness, harming etc.)

Currencies
    • Adding two currencies one being "Gold" and the other being "kill token" would be very nice i think. Gold would be especially useful for buying permanent things and could be converted to Kill tokens, and kill tokens would be especially useful for buying temporary stuff.

11. JokerBoss99

JokerBoss99 Mayor

Ratings:
    +501
    The way I see it, the server could go many ways, but there are two ways that would be most ideal. One would be the way Awesomah explained which definitely requires hours and hours of playtime to grind for the ‘best’ stuff. The other way is with just earning kill points and using those to buy kits, and having respective kits to what players bought on SG. While the second choice would be a hell of a lot easier to implement, after a while players would pick on to what the best kits are to play and then everyone would be playing the same kits and it would become very stale. If you went with Awesomah’s idea, you also could add “Server Point Boosters” where for a limited amount of time the whole server gets boosted money/points. These could be bought by players, or enabled by administration when events are going on. Another thing that could be controversial but would be a good way to compensate SG kit buyers is to add “Player Point Boosters” and these could be permanent. If a player donated $5-100 they’d get like a 1.25x boost, $101-200 1.5x boost. Or something that would help the SG kit buyers but not give an advantage in PvP, PvP is about skill not about who has the most money.

Also just a thought that I don’t think anyone has mentioned is to add bounties that would be expensive with in game currency to put on a player, and would have a cooldown as to how frequent the player could be bountied.

There could also be kill streaks that are posted in chat and reward the user some extra cash (5x streak, 10x streak, 20x streak)

12. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,446
    Current thoughts regarding how the store/rewards will work after reading all the replies here.

There will be ranks, but they are not purchasable. They are purely based on how many unique kills you've gotten.

Classes of fighting styles are also planned. Each rank will have a slightly upgraded version of the class kits.

Similar to SG - Players will get ECD per kill. There's one change, unique kills get a larger amount, and repeat kills get a smaller amount. Amounts are TBD.

Upon killing someone, you have a chance of getting 0-3 PVP Tokens. These tokens can be used to reduce the cooldown on temporary kits, and purchase permanent kits.

Kits are available to everyone, with a specific cooldown per kit. There are also progression kits only obtainable by kill counts, or kill streaks achieved. These are substantially more powerful than the other kits, rewarding good PVP'ers with better gear.

All other kits can be divided into two sections. Permanent kits, and temporary kits. Temporary kits are more powerful, but only have one use per purchase, and have very high cooldowns otherwise. Permanent kits are always there, and have lesser cooldowns.

A quick example of this (Ignore the contents)
    A permanent kit (Boots and helmet - diamond armor) can be used every 12 hours. You do not need to use Tokens to unlock it each time, only the initial unlock.
    A temporary kit (Chest and legs - diamond armor) can be used when purchased for X Tokens. It can also be used every 14 days without purchasing it.

PVP Tokens can also be used to upgrade your armor, but only the rank/class armor. None of the kit armor can be enchanted/repaired.

Now. There's one feature that ties all this together. On death, your inventory clears. You do not drop it. This allows the class armor to be used with no cooldowns (Only one use per death) - and balances out kits to prevent people from just hoarding kits.

We do have to pay for the server bills, and as such we have to have some things in the shop.

Cosmetics, I haven't figured out. There's not a ton of things that I can imagine being wanted in a PVP environment. Suggest some below.

PVP Tokens are planned to be sold. I hope the inv clear + temp kits reduce the P2W to almost 0.

Boosters for the server which increase the chances of PVP Tokens dropping, and the $ reward per kill.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan GameAdmin*~
    Game Admin Prestige ⭐ Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,472
    I love this idea for the shop.

14. JokerBoss99

JokerBoss99 Mayor

Ratings:
    +501
    One thing that I can think of that won’t put a drag on people’s PC’s for cosmetics is custom kill messages such as “JokerBoss99 got rekt by andrewkm with a bow”.

Things that could possibly put a performance drag would be trails for users that you can purchase. Perhaps to reduce the lag you could have the command activate the trail for 5 minutes, and then have the cooldown for the command be 30 minutes.

15. Darth_Hydraxis

Darth_Hydraxis EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +228
    Lo
    Love it ♡♡♡

16. Awesomah

Awesomah Resident

Ratings:
    +30
    • I agree with most of this. But to be honest, i was kind of confused reading the first part of it and there are possibly some other people like me too. For better clarification, a beta test would be awesome.

• Also, in terms of consistency of the server, i would like to say "Change is good". Make some of the features in game and some in shop changing every season, which would keep players playing the game after each season even though they may have gotten bored last season (see: League of Legends). There could be Threads to let people share their ideas of what could be in the next season of KitPVP.

• Also add/make some of the things (mostly being cosmetics) only obtainable via reaching a milestone or earning achievements in the end of a season. These effects could stack for every season. Which would make it an even more lasting consistent game, and not make players think that they have wasted their time last season.

17. CamoElite19

CamoElite19 President

Ratings:
    +42
    I love the idea of map rotations to keep it fun and tense. I personally would like to see both IRL Purchasable ranks/kits and ingame purchasable ranks/kits to balance it out, maybe so people who buy their ranks with IRL money had access to some unique commands but people looking to buy ingame purchasable ranks could click a sign with the rank name and the cost and when they clicked it, it would give them the rank they bought and take the amount of money from their bank. Also what would happen to the players who bought ranks on kitpvp on AEM... Would they get a coupon if purchasable ranks didn't become a thing on ECC KitPvP? Tied to the sign purchasable rank idea, players should be able to buy armour, weapons, food and enchantments through a sign type of thing like AEM used to have for zombies??

18. xboyfernz

xboyfernz President

Ratings:
    +1,029
    Using one of my suggestions I like it