Minder's Mining Guide

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by Minderasetrace, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Minderasetrace

Minderasetrace Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +5
    In this tutorial, I will share the priceless knowledge I have gained over the years through my Mining adventures on this server.

Step One: Gear

If you want to become a successful Miner, you'll need to have the right equipment. I would recommend,

1. 1 Diamond Pickaxe with the following enchants:
    Eff 5
    Unbreaking 3
    Fort 3
    Mending

All of these enchants you can acquire simply by enchanting your Pickaxe at /Warp Enchant. This will cost 25k exp, which can range from 25k to 30K in ECD, so it's fairly expensive, but way cheaper than the Star Pickaxe.

2. One Diamond Shovel.
    The shovel will be used to dig through the dirt and gravel you'll encounter while mining.
    3. 4 64 Stacks of Torches
    I find that 4 64 Stacks of torches are a good amount of torches to have.
    4. One Water Bucket (Requires Water Feature)
    A water bucket will prove itself to be useful in many ways, as it can be used to help traverse lava pools safely, put yourself out if your catch fire, and break your fall if you fall a great distance.
    5. One 64 Stack of Food.
    As you will be in the Mines for a long time, you'll need a large amount of food.

I would recommend you have these items sorted numerically going left to right.
    6. A full set of Diamond Armour
    Armour will help you survive mob encounters in the Mines.

Now that you have your gear sorted out, let's get to the next step.

Step Two: Mining Location.

Location is very important when it comes to Mining. It is better to mine in the Mining World as it gets reset monthly and has a virtually limitless supply of minerals. To get there, type in the command, "/travel" and click on "Teleport to Mining!". Once you are in the Mining world, type in the command, "/wild land" and you'll be teleported to a random place in the Mining World. Once you've done this, dig down to the Y
    coordinate of 11, as this is where I find the most valuable minerals in the highest quantities.

I would recommend digging down to this level using the staircase method, as it's the safest. The staircase method involves digging down diagonally, creating a staircase. I highly recommend
    NOT digging straight down, as this is very risky.

Now that you have reached level 11, it's time to go to our third step.

Step Three: Mining.

Now it's time to being mining! When I mine, I usually choose between two techniques, the 2x1 tunnel or the 2x3 tunnel.

1. 2x1 Tunnel.
    The 2x1 tunnel technique involves digging a tunnel that is 2 blocks in height and 1 block in width. This technique is the most effective, because you can cover more ground in a shorter amount of time, therefore finding more valuable minerals and collecting less useless ones.

2. 2X3 Tunnel.
    The 2x3 tunnel technique involves digging a tunnel that is 2 blocks in height and 3 blocks in width. With this technique, you will usually find slightly more minerals, at the cost of traveling slower and collecting more useless blocks.

You can try both techniques and use whichever one you prefer. I personally prefer the 2x1 tunnel technique.

Now that you know the techniques, let's get onto some tips.

Tips

Tip One: What to Mine.
    This may seem obvious, but you should Mine every ore you find. Coal and Redstone can be sold right away, and mining Coal and Redstone ore provides exp, so there is no reason not to mine them. A large portion of my mining profit comes from Coal and Redstone. I've seen many people say that you should not bother mining Redstone and Coal. and I believe that idea is simply preposterous.

Tip Two: Caves.
    If you find a cave, ravine, abandoned mine shaft, or any other naturally occurring formations while mining, you should explore them. These are filled with many easily accessible resources, so you should never leave them unexplored.

Tip Three: Junk
    While mining, you will collect many stacks of cobblestone, gravel and dirt. Unless you have a specific need for them, you should stop every few minuets to dispose of these useless materials so you have more room in your inventory for important resources.

Tip Three: Safety
    While mining in the Mining World, always be sure to remember one thing, BE CAREFUL. Always be aware of your surroundings while mining. I've been killed countless times by lava, mobs, gravel, and falls. I've not only lost thousands of ECD worth of minerals, I've also lost several very expensive pickaxes. Always be cautious while mining.

I hope this tutorial helps people.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. 1aughter

1aughter Oɾαɳɠҽ GαɱҽAԃɱιɳ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,763
    I find having pyro+ much more useful than Water.

3. Redpandapenguin

Redpandapenguin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +87
    Great guide minderasetrace! How much do you make per hour with a eff 5, unbreaking 3, fortune 3, pick axe?

4. Minderasetrace

Minderasetrace Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +5
    Around 7K, maybe 10K on a good mining expedition.

• List
  5. stevenjr05

stevenjr05 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +41
    Get rid of the torches and just turn your gamma up to 10 it makes everything as bright as the day time without using the extra coal, wood, and inventory space

6. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    I would scrap mending. Mending in ECC sucks. Keep the Exp and sell it for an extra 1k-4K per hour

7. stevenjr05

stevenjr05 Resident

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +41
    Or you can buy n stars since the market is crazy for them right now and make more money

8. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I actually keep all the stone/ cobble i pick up. You can sell them to other players for even more profit. I've sold 10 dchests of stone for 15k. Easy money, at the cost of a few seconds.

• List
  9. stevenjr05

stevenjr05 Resident

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +41
    Also if you dont want the hassle of holding on to them make it into slabs and sell hand them