My involvement with VoE and current events.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nicit6, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Many people have brought up situations regarding my personal involvement with VoE so I'm going to state my side of it.

I helped prepare contracts based on their pre-existing contract model. I'm well aware that this contract is mildly enforceable, however the existing VoE contract regarding investments in fact references VoE as a group and by Andrew's statement is still enforceable to VoE.

As well I helped prepare statements by VoE for use on certain complaints, as well as made a statement myself.

I offered to write a new contract for VoE that would be fully enforceable with little to no parts considered "legally questionable". It was at this point I was questioning their business practices. As well I had heard mention of being unhappy and certain other issues regarding Andrew and ECC as a whole. I did not know of anything certain, and personally, I didn't think anything would actually become of it. This was fairly recent, actually, and I knew of public opinion about VoE. At this point I ceased my involvement with them and we parted ways. Obble later paid me a $100,000 ECD payment for what I had done. I still have this money and will make it payable to those who have lost money due to this situation.

I'd like to apologize for the role I knowingly played as well as which I did inadvertently. Looking back, I probably should've known better. For that, I apologize.

• Friendly Friendly x 22
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Nothing to apologize for, didn't do anything wrong.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  3. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    Thanks for the message Nicit, you couldnt have known that this would spiral out of control.
    Props to you for giving the money back!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    Thanks, Nicit. While I've always been an advocate of staff openness, it often leads to poorly informed people assuming that where there's involvement, there's culpability.

@Nicit6 is a player who can be trusted with literally anything, and I think his record speaks for itself. Given some of the things that were being said in global tonight, I hope this thread doesn't degenerate into a farce.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
    #4 jmichael214, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This is why I love our staff team <3 even in times like these willing to come forth and explain what they can.

Thanks for making the thread @Nicit6

You did nothing wrong in my eyes. We're too smart and too old as a community to give in to a user like Obblebobble, his intention was selfish/mischievous, in fact straight sickenning and his goal was to take ECC down with him. An absolute and utter fail.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #5 andrewkm, Apr 4, 2016
  6. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Never doubted you NICIT you always do the right thing in the end and you still are my favorite staff member.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Thanks for the statement on your involvement, and glad you could see what's up. Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. physyy

physyy Retired ECC Owner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,033
    Nicit, you better not be fretting over all of this. Everyone knows you're a great person and would have never done anything wrong toward anyone on ecc. You were helping out people just like you always do. Unfortunately they had bad intentions unknown to most.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  9. oootopia

oootopia Utopian
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,954
    This openness is appreciated and makes you such a wonderful beloved staff member and I hope we can take after you in this attitude and become perfectly forward and transparent with the community. You have had and continue to have my complete trust and respect.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,311
    Eh, to me, it seems like you only did good.

You helped a business structure itself to benefit the community -- now it looks like people will get their money back. You stopped helping them when things went south.

#10 EraNow, Apr 4, 2016
  11. oreo1227

oreo1227 ℓαριѕ ℓαzυℓι
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,193
    I guess "wouldn't hurt a fly" would be one of the first things that came to mind after I read this thread. I've worked side by side with @Nicit6 for 20-21 months before he resigned, knew him before that too. A great player who does great things. It takes a lot to stand up and openly say something like this during rough times and I give total props to it.

Nicit is definitely a player to look up to if you need a role model. That is all I have to say for now.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. rabidworm

rabidworm Super Waffle!

Ratings:
    +377
    So seeing as I am a nub anyone want to give me some context here? Thanks loves <3

13. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I agree wholeheartedly with you Oreo, and feel that there are many staff (including you and Nicit) that are excellent role models here on ECC.
    While our staff may not be perfect, and I may not agree with everything they decide, I have great respect for them, especially Nicit, andrew, and of course Dewsy. Like yourself, their actions command the respect, not just their words.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. SuburbSomeone

SuburbSomeone Shrubby Tycoon

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    Basically, the Vault of ECC was (is?) a very big bank on ECC, which allowed users to both loan from it as well as invest in it. It was successful to start, but it hit a snag when the Vault's bookkeeper, a Moderator named FuryFudge, was unable to pay back a loan in time. This meant that Ldw116, who had invested money into the vault, was also unable to retrieve his investment - even though he had been banned for scamming the Vault of ECC double that. He and Obble had a couple heated complaints, and eventually Obble owed Ldw 300k within 72 hours of his unbanning. Later, @Nixonn also filed a complaint, as he was unable to retrieve a 300k investment that he had made. You can see it here.
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/user-complaint-obblebobble.148048/
    And then this happened.
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/vault-of-ecc-loans-savings-storage.116977/page-43
    I don't know everything, but I know that he wanted to buy CSGO skins from multiple users (@tommied7/@Disconnection was the one who uncovered his plan and reported it) in exchange for the prizes of a rigged 3m ECD giveaway which also included all of his debts owed. Afterwards, a video was posted - leading to FuryFudge's and THCOOL's demotions due to their appearances at the beginning. You can see it here:

They've appealed, and questions were allowed on the appeals. And there were a lot, especially for Fury.
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/ban-appeal-furyfudge.148112/
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/ban-appeal-thcool.148184/

So we're currently waiting to see what happens to them, and that's that, I guess. Pretty crazy stuff.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #14 SuburbSomeone, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  15. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Wow Sub, way to help out a nub.. by that, I meant me :D

16. rabidworm

rabidworm Super Waffle!

Ratings:
    +377
    Lmao. Talk about attention wh***ing. From what I gather based on the info dump suburb posted, some somewhat ridiculous to be fair nonsense complaints happened, he ended up being the 'loser' in the complaints, and then he decides that means he gets to take matrix's eff 7 and just burn it. What kind of logic is that even. Lol, man ECC's forums are so much fun to come peruse and see crap like this even though I can't really play right now. Hope he enjoys thinking anyone cares about his video.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. MSU_Spartans

MSU_Spartans Inactive dueces peeps

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +872
    Chiken

18. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List