Need opinions and... stuff. Plot sizes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MsMoofin, Jun 22, 2011.

1. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    I want to know what people like for a plot size.. Exactly size and rough range, along with it being even or odd numbered. Shape, too. Rectangle, square, or oddly shaped plots.. such as normal houses you'd find in real life. Extensions, you know.. Other rooms. :l

So give me details about house sizes and shapes you all like. I need to make more plots in Mooville. >> I wanna know what most people like. And I said what they like ... not what you usually see.

I seriously don't understand why people sell boring square plots that are 10x10 and 12x12 most of the time.. Y'all are lazy and don't make anything different. D:

2. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    I would like a T-shape like a tetris block. that way you can build it with a main structure w/ 3 wings. and I would like it an even number of squares, that way I could have double doors for the main. (see badly made diagram)

_______________+ - - - - - - - - +
    even #_________|___________|
    _______+ - - - - - + - - - - - - - - + - - - - - +
    odd #__|_______|___________|_______|
    _______+ - - - - - + - - - - - - - - + - - - - - +
    _________odd #______even # ____odd #

doesn't really matter what size, the odds could probably be 9x9, and the even 10x10. or something. haha :D
    cuz there'd be the central "hub" kinda thing with a green house on one wing (trees & flowers), then the house thing on another, and then library/study on the last. that kinda stuff. with work rooms somewhere.... haven't thought it all out...

And I'll donate towards the portal for this plot :) might not get built on for a little while though... (kinda busy with my town o_O)
    but the house I build will be very well thought out.
    How much would I need to donate? haha.

3. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    You always have such neat ideas. o.o

And I dunno. xD I'd probably consider 1k+ a big enough donation for a plot. The bigger the donation, the bigger the plot. -shrugs- But your ideas are awesome, so it wouldn't need to be a huge donation if it was a big plot. >_> I love seeing your stuff.

4. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    I think I have an extra 1.5k I could donate :D (maybe a little more, like 1.7k)
    (I need to keep the rest for my own portal... since my city is in the middle of nowhere :/)

5. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Your ideas... I want to marry them... Or enslave them...

Either way, I want them for myself forever |:

6. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    Honestly Star, my idea's are just taken from basic architectural works (well... at least thats how they start -> then you have to extrapolate, and morph them into your own vision, if that makes any sense).
    Just look at the buildings they use in movies, stage sets, and amusement park rides (for scenery). also, you can use Google Maps and use the road view in any city and just go around a look at buildings (these are typically urban structures though). I have alot of ideas for urban type structures from doing that.
    You just have to think "what would be comfortable to live in?" or "what would be used as a backdrop in a movie?". Or you can focus on really small things like: framing views, set theme, or making the structure sculptural.
    :D

7. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I want the whole way you think :|

8. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    I would suggest reading architectural magazines, etc. Maybe taking an architecture class. that kinda stuff :p

9. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That would probably help me advance in my minecraftin' career...

Since I'm so uninspired all the freaking time D: