New player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zBulldawg, May 8, 2017.

1. zBulldawg

zBulldawg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +400
    Hello, I am zBulldawg known as Bull I was an active aem player with over 5 hours a day on aem skyblock, I was asked to come play here by one of my best friends spam9 I am struggling to make ig money and was wondering what some easy ways were? I was told farming yet I seem to be ignored when I ask for some pumpkin seeds, I'm in global chat it just seems because I've played a little here everyone is like Oh that guy needs more help. I asked for a iron pickaxe as I thought sell all would sell all the type of items in your hand no response. I am not begging for special treatment I simply ask for a couple of things.

Thank you,
    zBulldawg

2. pokeball92870

pokeball92870 PokeManiac
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    Of all the methods I've used to make money, by far, fishing is the most lucrative, followed by mining (assuming on your trips you always seek out the ores) and again followed by farming (esp. cocoa beans, pumpkins, or wheat/beetroot).

Also, we have a public farm in @G0LDEN_EAGLE's house. Check it out when you have time.

3. RazorRimz

RazorRimz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +646
    Hey Bulldawg, I saw you on the AEM forums. Welcome to ECC! First thing you wanna do is type /vote ingame, follow the links and vote to receive netherstars, which sell for $600 a piece. That is the easiest way for a newcomer to make some quick cash. You can go to the mining world, (/warp mining) and grind out mining. It is like the resource world of ECC. Mining is arguably the best money making method, but you can also cocoa farm once you get a good axe. Diamond tools are very cheap, you can buy a set, along with some armour with the money you get from voting. I will be online tonight at 11:00 PM EST and I will be able to help you out. If you can't get on that late, I will definitely try to catch you tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #3 RazorRimz, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  4. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Feel free to keep asking around in chat, people here tend to naturally be pretty helpful, especially if you talk to some of the higher ranking players or mods. Like Razor said, voting is going to be your best bet - you can earn some free nether stars and then trade those at the player market (/warp market) for ecd. You can use that money to buy some tools, a plot to live on, or perms to a farm. Be sure to use our trade chat (/ch tr) to post up when you're looking to buy things.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. zBulldawg

zBulldawg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +400
    Yeah I won't be on that late, 9 is about when I consider I should be asleep so I have energy to function at work
    That was my problem, I was in global chat, Thank you

6. zorracraft

zorracraft Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    /warp magic_farm and you got all the crops you need to farm

7. zBulldawg

zBulldawg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +400
    Thanks bro

8. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Hello and welcome!
    This is a 'hardcore' economy server, so making money is always slow and a grind. The further you move up through the ranks, the easier it gets tho! Like suggested, first thing you do is /vote. Don't sell hand the nether stars tho... you get more if you sell them to players at /market. You can vote once every 24 hours (I think vote 2 might be every 12 hours. I do every 24 for all, so I can't remember but one of them used to reset after 12 hours). Sorry you were ignored. Sometimes when people log on, they are so focused on making money and talking to their friends, they overlook the new guy. :/ I'm always putting some armor, tools, and the odd bit in my community chests at /warp plots, if you ever need anything, feel free to go look in them and find yourself something (there are 4 single chests by the exits). Speaking of my town of Plots... do you need a place to live? I can set you up pretty cheap. Also don't forget to do /kit starter (every 24 hours), that gives you tools, food, and some bits that will get you through the day.

On to the grinding! Fishing is alright, make lots of exp (which you can sell at /market), you can also cook some fish for food and sell the others for a decent price. Pumpkin farming is the bomb, but I love to farm because it's safe and easy... I can farm while watching a show. :3 Talk to @AdmiralD or @a_man21 to get perms to /warp hawaii. I think @_NIAGARA_ does perms to /warp ironview. Both are great farms and all 3 people I just tagged are really awesome at helping out new members! If Fishing/Farming isn't your thing and you want a lil more excitement in your life, try mining. You can slowly save up your money and get a Eff5, unb3, fort3 pick which will make you a really decent amount, but remember if you fall in lava or die, you'll lose it. Prot4 armor or even fire resistance potions help a lot when you mine. What I did was farm/fish until I had enough money to get some good enchanted tools/armor and then I went on mining trips (using fire resist pots until I bought pyro+). I still mine occasionally when I'm bored. There is also SG, I hear it makes a good amount. I'm not very good at SG, so I don't do that. Same with End Farming, that makes good money, but you have to buy end access (I think it's around $25k) and people can (and will) kill you and raid your farm. I feel like it's too much work to worry with. :p

That's all there is to it until you get into higher ranks and then you can make a town and sell plots and stuff, make enchanted tools/armor with your exp and sell those, etc. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact me. My name is @Ladyvamptress (Ladyv in-game). Visit /warp fulkner ( I have a shop there in the left corner), visit /warp plots and check the community chests, or /pm me in-game or send me a PM on the forum. It's really nice to meet you, maybe we can go on a mining trip some time! :) I'll leave you with a few links that will help you out.

https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/aem-tips-terms-and-faqs-for-ecc.165501/
    This thread good for getting your familiar with our server and how we do things.

https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/builder-bonus.130448/
    This one is by far the best thing I've ever seen in my life. I true love @AdmiralD for organizing this program as it helps so many people and really gets people to stick around cause they are getting help, make friends, and learn they aren't alone. :) What this does, if as soon as you rank up to "Resident", you have3 days to apply in that thread and @AdmiralD will give you the $15k back you spent. I try to tell as many people as I can, please do the same and pass the word around!

https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/nicit6s-builder-fund.165139/
    This is another great program ran by @Nicit6. I've never sponsored anyone for it, but if you would like a sponsor, I can get you in my town and we can give it a shot... or if you know another new member who would like a sponsor, point them in my direction. Now I can only sponsor 2 players, but I have tons of friends who, I'm sure, won't mind sponsoring as well. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #8 Ladyvamptress, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  9. zBulldawg

zBulldawg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +400
    That was extremely long and I thank you for putting time into that. I will defiantly try out these methods.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Sorry. I can be a talker sometimes. :3. Good luck!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. CatLLC

CatLLC Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +88
    I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said, but welcome! I hope you enjoy the server and stay a while, its always great when new players come.

12. zBulldawg

zBulldawg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +400
    I'm having a lot of fun already, a kind person gave me a diamond pickaxe so now I can mine

13. CatLLC

CatLLC Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +88
    have fun with that :)

14. zBulldawg

zBulldawg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +400
    I am now mayor... No town cuz I don't want one and @DiamondDesire payed for my rank up in exchange for the town... Thank you so much guys I love it here

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. zBulldawg

zBulldawg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +400
    Now I have Voyager and am learning to end farm

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. zBulldawg

zBulldawg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +400
    And now I'm into pumpkin farming, thanks so much ECC For giving me a place to play. I have an ok pickaxe and armor that @Ladyvamptress gave me. The AEM town (Which is where I still live) Is rapidly growing and actually got a second town named AEM 2 Because the original AEM town had no space left. Thanks @pokeball92870 For starting the towns. I luv you ECC players for taking us AEMERS in and teaching us the roots of a economy server (Most of us were skyblockers and creative players)
    Thanks,
    zBulldawg

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Don't worry bulldawg... when the AEM stuff is added in the future... it will be us ECC noobs coming to all you guys for help...

Welcome... good luck... and enjoy your stay!

Been here going on 6 years..