News of the Main World - 1/22/2014 SE - WAR LOOMING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OnSceneReporter, Jan 22, 2014.

?

Did you like this special edition?

1. Yes.

42 vote(s)
    89.4%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Oh rly?

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. OnSceneReporter

OnSceneReporter №§ℛ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +692
    [​IMG]
    Shortened URL

Breaking News: A Legacy of Conflict?
    Over the past several days, rumors have been spreading around Ecocitycraft that armed forces were gathering in the town of Bremen, located approximately 300 blocks South East of Legacy spawn. Until recently, the aggregation of militant forces in Bremen was hearsay - however a special source close to the matter confided to us that troops and weapons are indeed mounting on both sides of the border between Bremen and Ostberlin.

Investigation reveals that as early as January 6th of the new year, Bremen Owner pbrassat17 began seeking applicants to fill ranks within the Bremen power structure. Applicants were required to continue existing projects, as well as arrange new ones. It is unknown how many mayors there used to be on the mayor list of Bremen, but we have been able to confirm that the current mayors include cracker228989 , Gogoplatau, Joseph01234, mcg1, pbrassat17, Rachel8484, roborule, Skylexia, Stolio, and zardgyer with eddieabery and jamiesinn as region members. There is speculation that this job seeking was actually part of planning for a war effort. Bremen Co-Owner Gogoplatau had this to say, "NO COMMENT :D". zardgyer was able to tell us that he is the "... general in charge of generaly things" and is "... oblivious to the conflict". It should be noted that pbrassat17 was unavailable to be contacted for an official statement for this edition. First lady of Bremen cracker228989 had this to say, "what is that supposed to mean xD".

The growing tensions are not limited to the border of Bremen and Ostberlin. In the early hours of January 22nd, user SkyRock was heard saying "ecc is being taken over by evil forces", explaining that "spawn is covered in black darkness, and it's spreading 0.0". chargers2417 responded ">:D", and physicistsmom commented "gettem! run them down! oh wait... yeah get em!". However, some veteran ECC users attribute the anxieties to news from andrewkm that the addition of the Rising world is imminent.

We wanted to investigate the possibility of war ourselves. Informant G-----, who confided to us earlier, was able to smuggle Radio ECC reporter OnSceneReporter across the border into Bremen. While attempting to conduct a live broadcast, Studio lost contact with OnSceneReporter. Moments later, Bremen Co-Owner Gogoplatau announced that OnSceneReporter had been captured, and was being held for ransom. Several members of the public were stunned at the turn of events and began organizing a committee to approach Bremen authorities. But before they could do so, a brave rescue was already underway by Joliver1998, who successfully found, and saved OnSceneReporter. While recuperating at the Embassy in Picon, OnSceneReporter processed these images taken earlier from inside Bremen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

welikeike22, owner of Ostberlin Dear-Leader of the nation of Prussia had this to say:
    "The consistant encroachment upon Prussian lands by the government of Bremen is unacceptable. Time and time again we have offered diplomatic ways out, and have continually shown that we do not want war. Their threatening us with the use of nuclear weapons will not go unanswered."

Several bystanders had speculated if The Infinite Empire would stand by welikeike22. President revanrose6 told us that, "The Infinite Empire and America have sided with Prussia."

The Nation of Europe, led by Bremen owner pbrassat17, lists America as their ally. We asked the listed President of America, xpurexcorex for America's official position:
    "Well, i do not have enough information on what is going on. I have had a war before, it was fun but i must say... America got defeated pretty badly, lol. What has been happening has prepared me to go to the drawing boards because i am allied with one of the nations. I think that this might be the most intense war on the server. and i am honored to take part in it."

While the public of Ecocitycraft huddles together in distraught confusion, it seems that even the leaderships involved with the growing conflict may actually be at a greater loss for facts than even newly arrived builders. Only time will tell.

Special Edition Launch
    Thanks for taking the time to read our special first edition of "News of the Main World." We are excited to begin reporting on events around Ecocitycraft in game, and on the forums. This first edition was rushed out due to a breaking news event, but we hope to bring you more news on a variety of topics in the near future.

-OsR, News of the Main World

What's next for NOTMW?
    Got an idea you want looked into, or perhaps information for an article? Let us know! Or better yet, join us! We need dedicated journalists to scour the depths of Mining, lurk the back-alleys of the Market, and journey throughout the Main World, to bring the denizens of Ecocitycraft the stories they want to sink their eyes into. Let us know if you'd like to become an official NOTMW journalist, why you'd like to be a journalist, and what you can do.

About
    Catch up on past editions, our correspondents, and become a journalist by visiting our Information Thread.

#1 OnSceneReporter, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  2. James4747

James4747 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +39
    we're all gonna die #firstreply

3. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,086
    All i have to say is, this is amazing.

4. BrokeMel

BrokeMel broke
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +830
    Finally there's an article in the news about this :D
    I hope this war doesn't cause too many deaths though... Sounds dangerous o_O

5. TheDarkFlame11

TheDarkFlame11 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    Excellent reporting ONSCENE, We now go live to Asian reporter Trisha Takanawkwa for her look at the upcoming war. xD

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Gillyyyyyy

Gillyyyyyy Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    i feel so smart with my reply :p

7. EPIC_CHICKEN2

EPIC_CHICKEN2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +137
    This is better than "Times magazine".

8. TheKDshowz_Kevin

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +123
    Gernen?

9. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    I as President of Bremen would like to say one thing;

The nation of Prussia and the town of Ost-Berlin has never offered any kind of fix for this issue, and started the war when the town was first created by building tanks right by the border....

~pbrassat17
    Bremen President

10. Jeffster_

Jeffster_ тнε мαη, тнε мүтн, тнε נεғғsтεя!
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +93
    wow Onscene, I hope you don't end up with any traumatic problems such as PTSD or anything from this, But I know your extensive past training will have come in handy....:cool: Strong work...lol

11. vengfulbacon

vengfulbacon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +337
    edit: nvm ;p

btw really good news post you need to keep doing them.

#11 vengfulbacon, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  12. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    Your placement of a settlement merely 15 blocks away from my established city, without asking me prior, and merely believing I would not react is what ignited this conflict. You didn't even ask! Maybe if you said sorry in the beginning this war wouldn't have come.

-Welikeike22

13. TalkingCentaurs

TalkingCentaurs Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    This is really cool keep doing them! BTW interested in becoming a reporter, i just want o know the perks lol

14. Hlazler_55

Hlazler_55 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +161
    World War 3? o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Being in alliance with America, The Summit Nation will officially rescind its stand of neutrality and join forces with Bremen and the Nation of Europe.

16. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Thank you for telling us about this traitor to Bremen, and America. I shall notify them of Gernen.

zardgyer
    I have decided to bring back the French Toast nation, and would like you, my (hopefully) faithful Commander-In-Chief to come back to the nation. Should you decide to come back for the temporary time of this war, I shall discuss with you terms of our army and alliances.

Should zard decide to come back, we ally with Bremen, since zard is part of Bremen already.

#16 12345shane, Jan 22, 2014
  17. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder

Ratings:
    +151
    So this conflict started just because a neighboring city built two tiny, fake, immobile, tanks near the border, and you guys considered that a threat. LOL. xD!!!!!!!!!

18. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder

Ratings:
    +151
    yeah!!!! the tanks that can't move and can't fire scare me da most!!!!!!!

19. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder

Ratings:
    +151
    Right when I saw the snapshot of the stone missile silo It immediately reminded me of North Korea.

By the way, I really enjoy reading this news! ;)

#19 JazzBeam, Jan 22, 2014
  20. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306

Jazz its Roleplay. We enjoy it and its fun.