Nick0jenna's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff & Wiki Team Applications' started by Nick0jenna, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    Nick0jenna's Staff Application

General Questions:

What is your Minecraft username?:
    Nick0jenna

What are your in-game ranks?:

Builder (CityServer), Ex-Mayor/VIP/Historian (Archive), VIP (Skyblock)

How old are you?:

When did you join EcoCityCraft?:
    May 23, 2012

What time-zone are you in?:
    E.S.T.

What time of the day do you usually play? Do you play mostly on weekends, or is it spread evenly through the week?:

I'm active at least 2-3 hours per day but much more (4-10 hours) on my different days off during the week and weekend.

Main Questions

In your opinion, what is the purpose of Moderators on EcoCityCraft? Why do you want to be a Moderator?:
    Moderators on ECC are an essential part of keeping the community enjoyable. Moderators have many tasks including but in no way limited to helping and educating new and old players whenever needed, upholding the rules of the server to keep a fair and fun environment, keeping the peace between players, and forum moderation.

Do you have any experience in moderating Xenforo forums or Minecraft servers? Provide links if possible:
    I have owned a "small" server in the past and I was a mod on another server for over two years. I do not have experience with Xenforo forums but have worked with other forums and am willing to learn anything new!

How have you been helping the community grow bigger and better? How will you help the server once you are a Moderator?

I always try to help anyone with questions about the server and Minecraft, It may mean crawling the internet to find a link or just offering general server knowledge that I have gained of the past years playing on ECC. If I were to become a Moderator I would continue helping anyone in need and try to make ECC as good as it can be.

The staff team is always changing and improving. If you become a staff member, what is one thing you would like to change about the staff team?
    As I've not been a part the staff of ECC its hard to say what needs to change, I personally am grateful of all the current and past staff members and the contributions they have made to ECC.

EcoCityCraft gets a lot of Moderator applications. What specifically do you think puts you above the other applicants?:

I believe I can provide help when people need it, I've been active on the server long enough to know how many things work, and I love ECC!

Why do you think that you will not be picked? What do you need to improve on?:
    I can be persistent at times and I can see how that could get annoying. Moving forward I plan to have more patience when the situation arises.

Hypothetical Questions:

A new player has come on and asks a few questions in global. After getting no immediate response they start spamming the questions. How would you respond to the situation?

I would first answer the question they had, then inform them off ECC's rules on spamming including a link to the rule on the wiki. This provides friendly assistance while informing a new player of the rules on spam.

In handling a complaint it has been noted that the user who filed the complaint on a user has not provided a screenshot of the /rn of the user, the user being accused is using a nickname in the relevant screenshots. How would you handle this complaint?
    First I would ask the user to resubmit or update the complaint with the screenshot if they have one. If they do not I would escalate the situation.

You have just warned a user in chat for inappropriate chatter. They then proceed to argue with you that another user has done the same thing and that they were not warned for it and that they feel that such conduct should be allowed in chat, they also state that you were wrong, biased and they feel that you are not doing your job properly. How would you respond in such a situation?
    I would calmly apologize that the user feels this way, explain the rules, and let the user know how to file a staff complaint. If the user continues to abuse the rules I would warn/kick as per rules.

A player messages you that they have accidentally paid a sizable amount of EcoDollars to another user. They are extremely upset and panicked and the user who received the money is refusing to respond to the request to return it. How would you handle the situation?
    Unfortunately the player is just about out of luck on getting the money back as no rules where broken, I would ask the paid user if there was any negotiating room, if not I would offer the user ways to make money back.

A player messages you on Discord, requesting that you join their channel. Upon joining you find the player distressed and flustered. The player explains to you that another person in the channel has been harassing them. What would you do?
    If this is the players personal channel there is not much I can do besides offer advice If this an ECC channel I would explain the rules to the other player and take appropriate action if any rules where to continue to be broken, then I would offer advice to the distressed player.

Practicals:

“Wow that’s so ghey.”

Should any action be taken?:
    Inform user of chat rules regarding directed language and ask them not to use misspelled "gay" in a negative manner as it brings nothing helpful to the conversation.

“Yeah, I have some big plans for my weekend, I plan on going to a party and getting drunk. Should be pretty fun.”

No action should be taken due to the recent rule change on the topic of alcohol, this is as long as nothing else dumb is said.

Examine the sample situation:
    User 1: “Yeah, i’m mad that he didn’t pay me back so I’m quitting”
    User 2: “Maybe if you weren’t banned they would of been able to pay you.”
    User 1: “Man stfu”
    User 2: “lol, salty much?”

Inform user 1 of chat rules regarding directed language and how to create a complaint on the forum regarding the nonpayment, then tell both users to stop fighting for no good reason.

Other Questions:

Do you consider yourself a risk taker?:

Not really. (Unless you count eating raw cookie dough as risky)

Do you consider yourself a leader?:

I'm a helpful leader, not a bossy leader. In real life Ive been an assistant manager and manager at several businesses, I am a leader at my local 4H youth club, and I own a small non profit charity with a team I lead.

How do you manage stress?:

By playing Minecraft?.. Other then that I find it good to take a step back from the situation and see it from everyone's view point and how to solve the situation as efficiently and effectively as I can.

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add?:

Ive been here long enough I feel like I should do my part in helping the server in any way needed.

#1 Nick0jenna, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 7:57 PM
  2. OinkyOverlord

OinkyOverlord Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $314,000
    Ratings:
    +1,481
    Quick suggestion, use any color but dark blue for your main text, it'll make the application more readable.

3. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    Thank you! Ill change it, on my screen its actuly very bright looking.

4. zCamo_

zCamo_ -¬+~** The one, and the only, zCamo_ **~+¬-
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium User

Ratings:
    +85
    Another suggestion regarding colours, maybe a brighter brown. It could just be my monitor brightness but I can't easily read it. Good luck though!

5. ____mathias____

____mathias____ ⸘Land Speculating EcoLeader‽
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium User

Ratings:
    +121
    +1 from what I've seen a great, positive member of the community.

6. jwpwns

jwpwns Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $270
    Ratings:
    +1,099
    +1 would be a good pick for staff team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pokemon Master
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $3,145
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    이 회원 너무 좋은 것 같아요! 사실 본 적이 없는데 읽어 보니까 좋았습니다 +1

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    I lightened it aswell as the green, Thank you for pointing it out!

Thank you for the kind words, very happy to be apart of the ECC family!

Thanks for the recommendation!

Thank you, what is this in Korean though? o_O

9. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pokemon Master

EcoDollars:
    $3,145
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    Just know that I posted good words :)

10. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Builder ⛰️ Prestige ⭐ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,080
    +1

I love your shop list fyi

Great player.

11. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    Thank you and glad to hear you like the list!

12. PlatinumPurple

PlatinumPurple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +972
    Absolutely. Player seems very kind and helpful when on the server!
    Hope you get staff!

+1.

13. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    Thank you so much for the kind thoughts, on a side note Purple is the best color there is (followed by black though not an actual color, but the absence of all of them)

#13 Nick0jenna, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  14. OinkyOverlord

OinkyOverlord Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $314,000
    Ratings:
    +1,481
    +1

You seem friendly and helpful based on the limited amount of conversations I’ve had with you.

Good luck! :)

#14 OinkyOverlord, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  15. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    Thank you, and good luck to you aswell! I'm not posting on other peoples apps but if I was I would +1 you aswell. :cow: (here is a cow emoji because of all the random ones we have a piggy is not one)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. Jdawger

Jdawger Littlepip Ex Mod |ECCMuseum| Fallout: Equestria
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,186
    You are a great person, so please don’t take what I’m about to say negatively:

Sometimes cannot take criticism too well and kind of overreacts in a bit of an “unprofessional” way

17. FuryFudge

FuryFudge Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,531
    +1 Deserves a chance at the very least