pack rat and storage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stigarose, May 5, 2016.

1. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    So with warp colebex shut down and @Imabankthing /sell handing everything it made me think about my "vault". I have ridiculous amounts of stuff...how much is enough before you start selling...how much bone and bone meal...1 dchest? 2? 5 dchest milk. How many chest of stone...15? But I think, I may need this for a big build or I may open a spawn shop. Whatever. How much is enough?

Am I the only pack rat who sells very little to server (as I'm holding stacks of dblocks, gblocks, iblocks, qblocks, etc etc in hand)...How much to store in vault, how much to sell.

Thoughts?

2. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    I think I am one of the biggest pack-rats. I hardly ever sell to the server. There always comes a day when someone is asking for bulk crap.
    Example: I once sold 7k ice blocks for 5k because I could deliver it all at once.
    I just sold 500 buckets (I have over 7k of those) at $15 each to a happy player just last week.
    Some other things include:

75,000+ string
    200k+ dirt
    100k+ each of cobble, stone, and stone brick. (these I now sell to the server just for no reason).
    I have over 10k potions, 9 dchests of enchanted books, 3 more of player written books, 1,000+ each of cake and grilled pork.

These are the ones that I remember off the top of my head.

I use all my kits everyday and store all the sticks, signs, eggs, flint &steel I get. I have almost 1000 Flint and Steel. Like I'm ever going to need those.

Store everything, until you see the player in trade asking for bulk at a ridiculous price.

Also, since you save it, you never have to buy anything as well.

:angelic: (Then there is my stash of glistering melons. mwuhahaha) :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Bash100

Bash100 :^)

Ratings:
    +1,782
    The best thing about being a PackRat is when things like build contests come along and you need heaps of materials...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I'm also a pack-rat/hoarder, I tend to never sell to the server and store the items I pick up. I'm a builder and a spawnshop owner. I never know when I need a lot of something.
    Bout' the only thing I don't hoard is mining loot, but I gotta get money from somewhere.
    This is why I need a big vault, some have seen the one I'm building for myself. Hehe. What every hoarder needs.

#4 ClarinetPhoenix, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  5. Bangpopfizz

Bangpopfizz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +106
    I use this really useful command that eats up all my useless items called /sell all. And now that i have /feed+ i can constantly use it when mining and not have to worry of losing my food. :D

I normally store around 1dchest of building materials and hardly any for valueables. If i need any materials i will just buy them off the market or hire a builder to get the materials i need for a cheaper price.

#5 Bangpopfizz, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  6. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    @ClarinetPhoenix I have a huge "vault" I'm re organizing and to save space Ive been using trade signs to store lots of materials, whole inventories. So if I fill a dchest I suck out an entire inventory place the trade sign on the once full chest and then if I fill that chest Ill start a new dchest. Great for pesky unenchanted tools/armor that dont stack.

What do you think? To much hassle?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. BrokeMel

BrokeMel broke
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +830
    I am currently trying to get 10k of each ore block, starting with coal and redstone. So far I have a little over 6000 coal blocks.

8. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    The only issue I have with Trade signs is that you can't really pick how much of an item you can take out, unless you use another item/money as a Trade an a unit(aka, 64 logs for 1 stick), then again you're still limited to that Trade unless you break the sign. that can get tedious. Just seems too much of a hassle for me. Not to mention if you make a cheap trade to convenience yourself and some user finds it, they could also use the sign.
    Plus, I personally just prefer chests because its an excuse to build. Yes, I've heard of using signs to store items, the idea doesn't appeal to me though. So much less "flair" to my hoard if you ask me. XD

9. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    You can't really use your own trade signs that you create. So to break and get a lower amount, you need to fill your inventory with other stuff. You are correct with the hassle. Especially with our mentality, we need to keep the number nice and round. After reading this conversation, I expect I am not alone in that regard.

At the same time, storing 100,000 of any stack-able item using just chests, is almost 30 chests.... per item. With trade signs, you can build your vault to a specific size and it can stay the same size. Using only chests, and if you run out of room, there is a lot of remodeling that needs to be done.

With that said, I am trying to find a way to go to just chests. I just can't see the feasibility of it at the moment.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. greenobeano

greenobeano Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +383
    I have a vault with trade signs containing 10k dirt and stone each. I know, it's very unimpressive, but I also have the trade sign with 0 exp in it. Not sure if that's a bug or not...

11. Vintage_Gamer

Vintage_Gamer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,219
    Wot o_O I hate keeping stone, cobble and dirt. /Sell hand it all!

12. OctavianCloud

OctavianCloud Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +54
    im working on a obsidian lined vault 200x200x44 in size, substantial part of it will be personal storage but ill also be selling perma vaults and renting smaller ones on a monthly basis as well. All obsidian will be locked and the town is private for the most part (have a couple people i trust on owners who work with me on this and will keep the town up should i go inactive long again)

13. INeedTheBucket

INeedTheBucket Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +130
    i hoard everything until i need alot of money fast

14. fraglefly

fraglefly Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +18
    I hoard to stay happy. I'm hoarding in four games right now; Tri Peakes Solitare, Magic Puzzles, Fairway Blast, and ecc [but since my favorite computer has been making weird noises (and I Know i need to de virus it) I've only been hoarding stars at the moment. The othet computer is too dark. Maybe I need to study the controls on it more. I heard that gamma needs to be maxed.] Anyway... I half to keep my game hoarding constant. Every 20 minutes for Tri Peaks i get 1k coins plus once a day is a 20 ad 1k giveaway. Fairway is sporadic sbout their giveaways and opportunities. Magic puzzles...pphhhllla. They have some major issues with coins dissapearing. I miss mining. Plus there's my life that I have to fit in. Cleaning, errands, cleaning cat litter boxes and letting dogs out in backyard, pestering daughter to do stuff... I miss ecc. I love cashing in.

#14 fraglefly, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016