[Poll] worth of non-diamond enchanted tools/armor

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by Expipiplusone, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Question to the whole community:
    1. How much would you rate the value of (say) an eff5 iron pick, as compared to the diamond counterpart (same exact enchantments)? Half that? One third? Please tell me!
    2. Then... what about one made of gold? What about other materials? Please tell me!
    3. Then... does the ratio depend on the particular enchantments? (I hope not, but) Please tell me!
    For 1 and 2, here's a form. Answers to question 3 would need to be written in words, I'm afraid.
    If a diamond enchanted tool is worth (say) 10k, how would you rate a tool with the same identical enchantments, but made out of:
    Iron:
    Gold:
    Stone:
    Wood:
    Leather:
    Paper (book):

(Yes, this is not a poll technically... it wasn't possible to make a poll, given the fact that there are multiple questions with multiple answers, but I tried to make a form as fast as possible to be filled in. If you wish to answer in more detail, though, you're very welcome to!)

#1 Expipiplusone, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I have no answer but am interested in the community input. I find in all the years I have been here that an item sells for whatever a player is willing to pay for it far independent from the worth at times.

3. greenobeano

greenobeano Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +383
    If a diamond enchanted tool is worth (say) 10k, how would you rate a tool with the same identical enchantments, but made out of:
    Iron
    : 5k
    Gold: 2-3k
    Stone: 3k
    Wood: 2k
    Leather: 1-2k? Leather armor wouldn't provide much protection anyway, even with enchantments, right?
    Paper (book): 5-7k? This price depends on the conversion rate of exp to ecd.

3. I believe that the value greatly depends on the durability of the tool, therefore, the convenience and usability. Of course, this is really only a good explanation for people who don't have some sort of autorepair, such as ExtCommands++ or a macro.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #3 greenobeano, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  4. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    Iron: $0
    Gold: $0
    Stone: $0
    Wood: $0
    Leather: $0
    Paper (book): $9000

• Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  5. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
  6. Hhozier

Hhozier President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    I agree with this except i think iron could be worth a little bit, maybe a 1000 or so (probably less)
    But the rest i agree are worthless because of how easily they will break.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    Thy are worthless because they are not max tools nor can they be easily made into max tools. Max tools are so cheap no one in there right mind would buy non max tools that couldn't be crafted into max tools (like everything under eff 3 eff 4 diamond). They are worth what people pay for them which is $0. Even if you do manage to sell one you probably spent more $ in effort than you made. I'd /Ci any of those tools.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Hhozier

Hhozier President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    ohhh yep that makes sense.

9. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Yeah, that's roughly what I was afraid of.
    To be honest, though, I already spent quite some time to catalog all the diamond stuff I have: I made a spreadsheet that, given the enchantments (and levels) of a tool, automatically calculates the total amount of equivalent xp and then the total worth given the xp/ecd rate plus a bunch of coefficients depending on material, not-being-max, and shit. Now that I have set up all this, if something changes, I just change the value of the coefficient and all the prices of all the involved tools cataloged in the spreadsheet are automatically updated. Given that it takes less than a minute to add a tool and no brain-math is required to estimate a price, it's not a huge waste of time or effort.*

*Yes, if I made 60k/hour, one minute of my time would be worth 1k; even if I only made 15k/hour, a minute would be worth $250, and rarely an iron tool is worth more than that. But it's long since the time I used to massively mine/farm/whatever: as of now, I spend most of my ECC time building huge, long-term projects that scarcely will make me any money, just for the fun. Most of the money I make month by month comes from passively managing station46, my Bank of Babylon account and the Stock market. I'm too old to go after fast-paced farming/mining trips, let the youngsters have fun with that ;) (plus, my connection is worse than shit lately and I wouldn't be able to, even if I longed for)

10. miguel1118

miguel1118 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +8
    Iron: $0 (3-4k for a max fortune, max eff and max unbreaking pick)
    Gold: $0
    Stone: $0
    Wood: $0
    Leather: $0
    Paper (book): $9000

• List
  11. teofilovic

teofilovic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +291
    Iron: $500
    Gold: Trash
    Stone: Trash
    Wood: Trash
    Leather: Trash
    Paper (book): $5000

Edit: Dammit, just realized this was a huge bump.

#11 teofilovic, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  12. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    No worries, I'm still honestly interested in estimates. And, less than a month? It wasn't such a bad necro after all XD

#12 Expipiplusone, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017