Rising is Rising! + a look back at 3 years of EcoCityCraft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OnSceneReporter, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnSceneReporter

OnSceneReporter №§ℛ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +692
    Andrewkm has announced on twitter that Rising is fast approaching. IS BEING GENERATED!

This is sure to be a monumental step in ECC history! So epic in fact, when I heard this news, I accidentally pressed 'g' and dropped my melon sword! (dun werry I gots it back)

As we look forward to what Rising has to offer, I think we should take a moment to look back on all that has happened in Main World, and across ECC thus far. A lot has surely happened.

So please, share some of your triumphs, your fails, your chuckles. Let's remember where Legacy has taken us, and reflect on where Rising will lead us.

If I don't catch you on ECC before the landing, take care. I'll see you on the other side. ;)

The future is coming...​
    Standby for RISING
    Thank you EcoCityCraft and andrewkm for becoming a part of my life. Thank you so much.​

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
    #1 OnSceneReporter, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  2. iorbit

iorbit Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +187
    I remember when I played and was a wittle builder and had my own job. I worked very hard for my resident tag but even before I was near, I saw two presidents battling it out in a 4M Lotto (Very long time ago). I then spammed the winner for money. We ended up becoming great friends :')

3. iorbit

iorbit Builder

Ratings:
    +187
    I remember when I played and was a wittle builder and had my own job. I worked very hard for my resident tag but even before I was near, I saw two presidents battling it out in a 4M Lotto (Very long time ago). I then spammed the winner for money. We ended up becoming great friends :')

He ended up buying a sick 4-town-town. It was amazing! o;

4. RailefBear

RailefBear Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    In my case I feel like I have one fail so far... ok maybe 2:
    - Not becoming a Mayor on my 3rd week by joining the project UBC (which you are familiar with, OnSc). With UBC's situation as it is today I feel like I blew that opportunity (even though I'm still a big part of it).
    - My second fail is a little more comical. Many can remember, and will make sure I don't forget, about my biggest Wrong Chat. I'm always wrong chatting, I'm just too distracted and it happens way to often. But that one time was huge. I don't even know if I can repeat it here so people can know what it was if they missed it. I'll just say I thought I'd be temp banned hahaha

Accomplishments: well, I'm a mayor. I got bored of waiting for Rising haha I've had the money for like a month now. I was a pretty wealthy Resident in my opinion. But I finally decided that I'll become a President with Rising and not a Mayor.

I'm definitely looking forward to Rising! Can't wait

5. rosypolly

rosypolly Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +201
    As we are remembering ECC's past. I will take a some time here to promote The ECC Museum. That page is a little outdated but we are for sure still working away on the program. Any contributions you might have to the project would be wonderful. Whether it be money, ideas, time, ect. Contact myself or LegendaryTrio if you want.

Right now we are focusing on securing the ownership of older/nicer towns and preserving them for future ECC players.

Back to the topic a little more. I have to say my best memories of ECC are the two times I was promoted to mod, and getting the chance to meet people I would never have ran into in real life. Getting some real friends out of a $20 game is not what I expected when I bought it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #5 rosypolly, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  6. sinder33

sinder33 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    this is epic :D also on vote / MC lists we should add that (after world is created)

7. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    Well...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

There are some screenshots from every single map we've had (first map ones are usually in Misa's or Jolicraft)...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. OnSceneReporter

OnSceneReporter №§ℛ

Ratings:
    +692
    I still think one of my most shining moments was when I was meandering in Mining World. I saw another player, and I ran over to say hi.... but while I approached, I saw he was standing at an edge, and jumped down into a pit. He died, but his armor and things were at the bottom. I also saw gold and diamond ore, so without thinking, I went over the edge too.

Luckily I had a home point set near, and I ported back, made my way down, and I enjoyed my first set of enchanted iron armor. I still have it.

9. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder

Ratings:
    +515
    Buying a town for 50k thinking I will be able to add a portal, etc. (Town was abandoned). Oh, and then thinking I could remove everything myself with no enchanted tools.

10. Aqqel

Aqqel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhhh!! I first read that and I thought we were losing legacy :p. Anybody know what the main difference between both worlds is?

11. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder

Ratings:
    +515
    New biomes, of course!

12. Aqqel

Aqqel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Is that it? Because I feel I would rather use Legacy due to high population and already having my 600x400 here.

13. RailefBear

RailefBear Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    Yeah, that is it basically Billybue24 . As far as I understand, going to Rising will be as easy as going to the mining world (through a portal and all that). So the population will be, in essence, the same (not talking about the cities established and all that, but about the people using the world).
    It's going to be pretty much the same but with new biomes.

14. Starleana

Starleana Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +854
    I know I haven't been part of ecc for that long, but two years is still something. Most of my memories of being a builder is bad, so I'll skip that part...
    Welp being co-mayor of goldville was wonderful. I learned how to be a good mayor, how to take care of a town, plus I met some really cool people. :)
    My mayor days... Oh jeez. Long story short I was grieffed a bazillion times, scammed by two co-mayors, but most of all, I met nitro172 and chocolatecheese1, my co-mayors. They are all grown up, however they are not as active as before. You guys are awesome!!!
    Presidential days! Oh my goodness! Well that was really... well if I explained everything my fingers would fall off by typing. I guess what I really liked about it was getting to know people better.
    Tycoon days! It shot strait up, stalled, then blew up.
    All-in-all, I love ecc, especially the players. You guys have given me memories of a life time, that I shall never forget. <3
    This could have never happened with out the one and only andrewkm! I still hope he will take me up on that offer. ;) Bravo andrew for bringing all these people into my life, and even introducing couples. You are one amazing man.

#14 Starleana, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  15. VTFAN8

VTFAN8 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +115
    I would just like to say what it was like back in the olden days. The days when you could fly in PVP, use stealth in PVP, and there was one very small arena with only side as a exit. A set of prof 4 armor cost about 25k. That's what PVP was.

In the main world diamonds were worth $100 and having a eff 4 Unb 3 silk 1 pick made you sweet. You could buy them for about 15-20k. And once you had that it was all you needed. It was the same as a eff 4 shovel on dirt and the same as a eff 4 axe on pumpkins. And I think there was one eff 5 Unb 3 silk 1 pick on the server and it was last sold for 80k. There now at 7k.

50 levels of xp was a max enchantment, and I used to xp farm and then sell 50 levels for easily 15k.

And farming, oh farming. When I first got on Eco pumpkins were worth $2 and I farmed them with a pickaxe. Then what came I to style was farming melons with a silk pick for $3 per melon. Then all farming prices dropped by $1 and I'm pretty sure that 5 presidents quit one day later. Keep in mind that back then president was the second highest rank back then an tycoon was the highest rank and if you were a tycoon you practically a god. Well that's pretty much what it was like over 1 and a half year go. In some ways it was better, in some ways it was worse. But change can be good. And change we will.

16. JokerBoss99

JokerBoss99 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +529
    Starleana

I remember on my old account seeing Starleana as resident, mayor, president, and was there the exact moment in a skype call when star became Tycoon.
    Those were the days, working up to become the next big thing, then getting knocked over by scammers, getting back up.
    You had quit star. A builder came on and griefed ALL of saskatoon, you were devestated, it brought you back even though you didnt realize that. I remember the day that we started playing sg together because you installed optifine... :) I remember so many things about you star, you are one of my best friends, you are always there for me on skype and everywhere.

chocolatecheese1
    Where do I even start? Lol.
    I was chatting in chat and then you pm'ed me "Hey, do you know a lot about java?" and I behind my computer screen was like oh heck to the no! But I said "No, do you?" And you responded "Yeah, I know a lot about java, want me to teach you some?" And I was like "Sure!" And you made me make my first skype account. About 2 weeks after talking to you on skype my mom got pissed that I was talking to someone I didnt know irl... So she called your dad *facepalm* and he answered and she freaked out thinking you were a 30yr old stalker (lol) and then she talked to your mom and then they wre like "Blah blah blah."

Then we went and made JokerTown. It was the worst town EVER. It has the worst layout and everything, mountians everywhere, just a big mess. Then I gave you about 10k and you lottoed it. Probably the best 10k I ever gave you. You won lotto with that, then you went on a lotto spree, got mayor, and flattened the town. CheeseVille was created. I remember you getting a horse then seeing kuke tp to me, I accepted because we were having troubles, he fed it some wheat and ran off with the horse. He came back about 10 minutes later and said it was fine.

All in all we had some pretty wonderful times together, I will never forget those.

mcg1

You were friends with Brandon and I thought you were a nice person, we started skyping a lot and playing sg accessively, and then we went and got a nice 50k of sg that day in about an hour of whomping @$$ lol.
    Then the dark ages started, I quit for a while, we still talked and then we became very distant friends... What made it worse was that I got banned, everything was turning bad. You helped me get back on my feet, and I cannot thank you enough for that. <3<3<3

_NameUnknown_

Noob. LOL Im kidding, we had a lot of great memories, but the only thing I wish that would happen now is if those memories could come back and we could start remembering those memories IRL, we have been distant lately and that needs to change, otherwise its been a great EcoCityCraft time with chu ;)

Oh gawd, all those memories, I really love you guys, I love making memories together.
    All of the other people I missed, I love chu and don't forget that :D

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    STOP SCROLLING
    I was going to try and share some screenshots, but I realized I had so many that people would want to see that it would be a waste of time. So I've compiled them all together and put them in a single Mediafire folder that you can download for your pleasure. There are a few hundred screenshots, dating back from the dawn of the server, so Enjoy!

https://www.mediafire.com/?sxgeawad0uoyz4u

*Note: You may see some things in screenshots that might be inappropriate by today's standards, or mods that used to be allowed but aren't today. If something isn't allowed now, don't use it just because you saw that I did it a year and a half ago when it was allowed.

*Note 2: There are also a lot of screenshots of people breaking the rules, advertisers, and that sort of thing that I would use for complaints. Just ignore them.

OK YOU CAN SCROLL NOW

#17 welikeike22, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  18. dork1877

dork1877 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,252
  19. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,086
    ike could you post all the pictures in say an imgur.com folder? i cannot open them without spending $30 on some app.

20. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    That's likely an advertisement, try again. Imgur won't let me upload hundreds of screenshots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.