Sticky Skyblock Information Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamieSinn, Jul 20, 2017.

1. JamieSinn

JamieSinn ECC Lead Administrator
    Staff Member Premium User

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Realistically, the core of the server is our main survival economy server. We'll probably investigate in the future a way for donors to gain access as we understand that not everyone would like to play on it, but it's highly recommended as it'll give an advantage to the other gamemodes.

2. Gluupor

Gluupor Resident

Ratings:
    +0
    yea i do understand that survival is what this server is built on. yet i still own the skylegend rank on skyblock which already is a huge advantage for that gamemode :) also i played a lot of skyblock in the past from the first singleplayer versions to the versions we have today, i have been a mod in a couple of skyblock gamemodes / servers, to be honest i dont think theres any kind of additional advantages for me that would help me in skyblock :)

i did play other non minigame gamemodes on various servers so im not new to it. i might get in to this kind of towny survival setup at some point but for the time being im more keen on playing skyblock in the AEM'ish config version again ;)

*EDIT*
    i guess we are going off topic a little acutally XP

#62 Gluupor, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  3. JamieSinn

JamieSinn ECC Lead Administrator
    Staff Member Premium User

Ratings:
    +4,273
    The main advantage you'd gain by playing on the main server in addition to skyblock, is the ability to transfer money into skyblock via the forums. Earning money on the main server will definitely be easier to do than earning it on the skyblock server.

To add, we're not a "towny" setup, we've become very unique in the gamemode and playstyle. I highly recommend you try it out at least a few times.

#63 JamieSinn, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  4. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,937
    I am not sure you realize that in order to get shoutbox access that you desire would only take you approximately 2 hours of real life time to earn the rank of resident. Many of the other awesome AEM players have come here to ECC and have done very well. I am confident there is someone here that will help you get ranked up.
    Wishing you the best of success!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Gluupor

Gluupor Resident

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any information yet on who is allowed to participate in the skyblock beta?

6. CaptainDeath33

CaptainDeath33 President

EcoDollars:
    $5
    Ratings:
    +962
    Probably donators, just like when /sell was down.

7. dark_lord_chewie

Ratings:
    +0
    Donators is kinda a vague term. Will that include people who bought ranks on AEM, or just ECC?

Also, will the Beta world continue on after full release, giving donators a week head start on the server, or will it be reset?

8. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,937
    I do not speak for our staff or admins, however, I believe that andrew does not actually distinguish between AEM and ECC - he has made many statements that show he now considers all members of ECC.
    I could not find it, but, I think somewhere in the announcement they stated that there will be a one week (or so) beta period with a complete reset for all players to begin fresh.

9. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ ғorмer ѕenιor мod
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,316
    The beta world will be reset.
    admiral faster than me :mad:

#69 Drewbo_, Aug 19, 2017 at 6:43 PM
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017 at 6:44 PM