[Staff Application] Adware

Discussion in 'Staff & Wiki Team Applications' started by Adware, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Adware

Adware President

Ratings:
    +124
    Questions About You

General Questions

What is your Minecraft username?:

Adware

What are your in-game ranks?:

List your current rank/ranks here. Staff Applications are open for all players who are Mayor or higher. Builders and Residents may apply only if they have been an active member of the community for at least 6 months. (This requires your forum account to have been registered over 6 months ago.)

[President], [$$$$], Voyager & VoidWalker

How old are you?:

I am currently 16 years old.

When did you join EcoCityCraft?:
    Please refer to your member page for a rough estimate. This is dependent on whether you joined the server and the forums around the same time.

I became a forum member on December 4th, 2013
    In the summer of 2013 I used to play SG at times.

What time-zone are you in?:

CET

What time of the day do you usually play? Do you play mostly on weekends, or is it spread evenly through the week?
    If you can, please include a schedule of what hours you play each day.

Normal week:
    Monday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
    Tuesday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
    Wednesday: 2:15PM - 10:00PM
    Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
    Friday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
    Saturday: 9:00AM - 10:00PM
    Sunday: 9:00AM - 10:00PM

During vacation time, Saturday/Sunday times usually apply

(Note: These are just time estimates that I am able to play. Doesn't mean I'll play all of these hours.. I can guarantee that I'm online at least 2 hours a day though.)

Main Questions

In your opinion, what is the purpose of Moderators on EcoCityCraft? Why do you want to be a Moderator?:

A moderator on EcoCityCraft should be a role model for how others players should behave. Moderators should create a nice environment in which everyone can enjoy the game and should watch out for anyone breaking the rules, both on the forum and in-game. They have to know a lot about the server and assist users who need help. Staff should be social and talk to the community to assure them that they are in good hands with you on the staff team.

I want to be a moderator on EcoCityCraft because I want to help the community in every possible way. I love to help people in the way that I already do (like e-repairs or teleports), but I'd love to do more.

Do you have any experience in moderating Xenforo forums or Minecraft servers? Provide links if possible:

I don't have experience with moderating Xenforo forums. My experience with moderating Minecraft server is average I'd say.

How have you been helping the community grow bigger and better? How will you help the server once you are a Moderator?:

I have certain features that give me the possibility to help people (such as Teleport+ and ExtraCommands+). Every time I see anyone needs help in chat for which I have the features to do, I stop with what I'm doing at that moment and help the user out. It's fun to do. People often react with 'thank you' or something like that.
    As a moderator I would continue to help people out this way. I'd also be able to help people out with things such as contracts for example.

The staff team is always changing and improving. If you become a staff member, what is one thing you would like to change about the staff team?:

I haven't been on the staff team, so I don't know any of the issues playing within the staff team. I have noticed some inconsistency with punishing however. Like one user would get a different treatment. I might be wrong, but that's what I think I saw.

EcoCityCraft gets a lot of Moderator applications. What specifically do you think puts you above the other applicants?:

What I think that makes me stand out is my experience with ECC. I've been a player since 2013. I know the rules and the server itself very well. I also believe I'm mature enough to take on the role of staff member.

Why do you think that you will not be picked? What do you need to improve on?:

I do have quite a hefty ban history which could be an obstacle. I've changed however.

Hypothetical Questions
    Please keep in mind that hypotheticals are not “right/wrong” answer questions. This is to explore how you would handle various situations.

A new player logs in and is confused about what ECC is, and what they should do. What would be your concise answer to their question?:

I'd welcome them to ECC and tell them that they should try '/warp tutorial' where most things you need to know to start off are explained, and tell them to message me if they have any other questions regarding ECC.

A builder has been persistently posting trade ads into trade chat. The ads aren't going too quickly according to the rules, however many players are complaining in global chat. How do you approach the players in global?:

I would kindly tell the users in global that the ads are going according to the rules, and remind them that they can leave the trade chat if they wish by doing '/ch leave tr'.

A handful of Builders have logged on and begun to play SG. After a bit, a Mayor joins them. After the game, the Builders begin to accuse the Mayor of hacking, and the Mayor accuses the others of boosting. How would you approach the situation?:

I'd ask both the mayor and the builders for their story on what happened and see if they're simular. After that, if the mayor has donation features, I'd tell the builders that the mayor might as well be using kits. I'd also tell the builders that one or more of them can file a complaint on the forum. I'd also remind the mayor that they also can file a complaint on the forum. After that I'd ask them to drop the subject and move on.

A player you've never heard of begins to advertise that they're selling features. Another staff member says in global that it's probably a scam. How do you handle the situation?:

I'd ask the staff member if they're sure this is a scam. If so, not sure why he's not banned yet. If not, I'd ask them to apologise to the user they accused of scamming and report this incident to higher staff.

Former Staff Questions
    (If you have never been on the staff team, you may leave these questions blank)

When were you last on the staff team and how long were you a staff member?

What was your highest rank on the staff team?

What was your favorite part about being a staff member for EcoCityCraft?

If you were to return to the staff team, what would you do differently?

Other Questions

Do you consider yourself a risk taker?:

Depends. I like to take risks, but if something's too dangerous or too much is on the line I wouldn't take that risk.

Do you consider yourself a leader?:

I lead my own life at least. Besides that I don't usually lead. I'd rather follow, but I can lead.

How do you manage stress?:

To calm myself down, I like to listen to music, go to the gym or go cycling for a bit. At least something other than what's causing the stress to take my mind off of it and relax.

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add?:

I know I have a pretty hefty ban history and I've been rather hostile towards some users in the past. I'm sorry for whatever I've done to you. I've changed though. I hope to convince all of you of that too. I see 2018 as a new start in which I'll be a better and happier person.
    Good luck to all other applicants as well :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    #1 Adware, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  2. MarshmallowDerp

MarshmallowDerp ᴄʜᴜʙʙʟᴇ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏᴇʀ
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $50,000
    Ratings:
    +732
    +1 Adware no longer has any malicious intents on the server and is very friendly and interactive.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Adware

Adware President

Ratings:
    +124
    Every time you kill me with your puns :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jdawger

Jdawger [Custom Title]
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +680
    +1
    Even though he had a sketchy past, he seems like he changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Capbo_

Capbo_ President

EcoDollars:
    $87,965
    Ratings:
    +1,651
    Very good choice but -1

Bad at pvp

6. Adware

Adware President

Ratings:
    +124
    How exactly would being bad at PvP affect how I can perform though? :p

• Potato Potato x 1
  7. Capbo_

Capbo_ President

EcoDollars:
    $87,965
    Ratings:
    +1,651
    Didn’t say it would :^), but you are still a strong candidate:)

• Like Like x 1
    #7 Capbo_, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  8. Adware

Adware President

Ratings:
    +124
    Ain't playing no more SG now though. Hate the map

#8 Adware, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  9. MarshmallowDerp

MarshmallowDerp ᴄʜᴜʙʙʟᴇ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏᴇʀ
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $50,000
    Ratings:
    +732
    Not unless MarshmallowDerp begs you to play.
    Proves that he has patience for noobs so that this doesn't get deleted.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. xboyfernz

xboyfernz President

Ratings:
    +965
    User can't even megabytes to gigabytes makes you wonder what else he can't do. -1

• Potato Potato x 2
  11. Adware

Adware President

Ratings:
    +124
    Not on such short notice no. I don't think I'd be doing a lot of conversions though.

12. xboyfernz

xboyfernz President

Ratings:
    +965
    I'm just stating my opinion. If you want me to fully elaborate then I shall.
    https://i.imgur.com/N4IF2li.png
    Just came back from inactivity fairly recently 9th of December?
    https://i.imgur.com/KmrVUnc.png
    Will he stop trying on staff if he doesn't get ranked up to a super moderator when he feels he should be ranked up?

I don't want a staff member that is stubborn and wants things to go their way like a whiny 5-year-old. That comes to me with the smallest of problems such as https://i.imgur.com/A4eeuQg.png

So, in conclusion, I think I have the right to say that you can handle silly small situations like that!

GOOD DAY!

13. Adware

Adware President

Ratings:
    +124
    I remember just a month ago you were cheering for me to get on the staff team. That suddenly changed now just because I *got kicked out of* your team.
    These things are just small snaps of the whole thing that had been playing for months within the team.
    Let me reply to all of these:
    I meant within the team, not the server. I was still active on the server.

No. Staff is something completely different from a team. I don't get to help people in a team whereas on the staff team I would, and helping people is something I enjoy doing.

That's not called whiny, that's respecting the rules of the team. Just as I respected the rules every time, so should they have. The way that you stand behind your friends while they break your rules isn't reasonable.

You may hold that opinion about me, but these aren't valid points.

#13 Adware, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  14. xboyfernz

xboyfernz President

Ratings:
    +965
    This is just another lie that you have said and I'm sure staff can check out your activity and I kicked you from my team so because you were being annoying so how is this valid.
    Dishonesty is not a trait that is needed for the staff team.

• Potato Potato x 2
    #14 xboyfernz, Jan 23, 2018
  15. Adware

Adware President

Ratings:
    +124
    No it's not. I'm sure I was still active on the server.
    I was planning to leave regardless mostly because of you and the way you treat people anyways. The fact that you kicked me for being annoying in your opinion is just a tiny detail.
    I agree. Honesty and common sense are needed in the staff team, and that's what that was.
    You only dislike me now because you kicked me out and I'm not on my knees begging you to put me back in the team. Move on.

• Potato Potato x 1
  16. xboyfernz

xboyfernz President

Ratings:
    +965
    Which one? Honestly, I'm just going to stop this madness here clearly you can't be honest.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #16 xboyfernz, Jan 23, 2018
  17. Adware

Adware President

Ratings:
    +124
    I clearly can't be honest? Just because my mind makes a slight mistake that makes me dishonest? No.
    You kicked me out, but I could've just as well had left. It wouldn't have changed anything.

• Potato Potato x 1
    #17 Adware, Jan 23, 2018
  18. Adware

Adware President

Ratings:
    +124
    Times updated.
    Minor grammar errors tweaked.

19. Olinova

Olinova President

Ratings:
    +13
    +1
    Very friendly guy, would make a great addition to the staff team :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. BaconIsBad

BaconIsBad President

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,138
    +1
    I haven’t talked to this user in a while, but all encounters I’ve had with them in the past have been positive.

Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1