[Staff Application] Aqua_Luna3

Discussion in 'Staff & Wiki Team Applications' started by Aqua_Luna3, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Aqua_Luna3

Aqua_Luna3 President
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $390,000
    Ratings:
    +461
    General Questions

What is your Minecraft username?:
    Aqua_Luna3

What are your in-game ranks?:
    President[VIP], SkyLegend

How old are you?:

When did you join EcoCityCraft?:
    I joined March 16, 2014.

What time-zone are you in?:

EST

What time of the day do you usually play? Do you play mostly on weekends, or is it spread evenly through the week?
    Monday - Sunday: 1pm - 3pm, 4pm-6pm, 8pm - 1am
    This changes on the day, some days I have more to do IRL. This will go down once I get a job.

Main Questions

In your opinion, what is the purpose of Moderators on EcoCityCraft? Why do you want to be a Moderator?:
    The purpose of Moderators on EcoCityCraft is to keep the community strong. This involves being actively involved in the community. Moderators should be active in chat and engage new players to help them feel welcome. Another role of Moderators is answering questions that users may have. It is important that we have knowledgeable staff members so they can answer any question. Finally, Moderators are here to enforce rules. They need to keep chat bully free and appropriate for younger users. They need to keep EcoCityCraft an enjoyable place for users of all ages.

I would like to be a Moderator because I want to invest further in this community. I want to help new players stick around for longer. I want them to be able to experience ECC in the way that I have. Most importantly I want to be some who keeps ECC a fun place for new and old users alike to come and game together. Being a Moderator for me would mean that I could serve this community who has given so much to me. I want to be the person who sticks up for the community and continues to make ECC what is it today.

Do you have any experience in moderating Xenforo forums or Minecraft servers? Provide links if possible:
    I have not, however, I can learn fast!

How have you been helping the community grow bigger and better? How will you help the server once you are a Moderator?

I am a Manager for SolarNation. SolarNation is a larger nation run by @DrowningInPizza. We have lots of different districts that are in the work at the moment. When I came back to ECC I was asked by DIP to become a manager of the builder district. This, of course, is my favorite district as I get to work with the new players of ECC and show them what the ECC community is like. After the users read the SolarNation rules and the starting tips, I give them a tour of the town. Then I show them to their plot. I like to stay with them while they get settled in and answer any questions they may have. I also enjoy answering user's questions in chat. I love it when new players can learn how to play ECC and hopefully stay for years to come.

The staff team is always changing and improving. If you become a staff member, what is one thing you would like to change about the staff team?
    Ever since the staff team got new guidelines it looks like it has been going a lot better. I have noticed a lot more consistency on how punishments are given out. At the moment I do not have any suggestions on how the staff team could improve, however, if I do see any in the weeks to come while my application is still up I will be sure to edit them in.

EcoCityCraft gets a lot of Moderator applications. What specifically do you think puts you above the other applicants?:
    Personally, I do not think that I am above anyone in this application process. I believe that everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses'. A strength of mine is how many of the players I know. I know what makes most people tick and what makes them upset. I believe that good Moderators need to know the users in the community. This knowledge is critical when a user is upset and needs your help.

Why do you think that you will not be picked? What do you need to improve on?:
    In the past, I have gotten to caught up in drama. I am working to circumvent this. If I do encounter drama I am working to stay calm and take a deep breath and access the situation.

Hypothetical Questions:

Please keep in mind that hypotheticals are not “right/wrong” answer questions. This is to explore how you would handle various situations.

A Pilot on Skyblock is asking in global where his reward money is going. He’s already run the /isr command two times and it tells him that he’s received the money, but he isn’t sure where it’s going. On further inspection, it appears that he never created a forum account. How do you handle this situation?

First, I would apologize to the Pilot for the miscommunication. I would tell him that to receive the reward money he needs to have a forum account. I would direct him to www.ecocitycraft.com and say he can sign up for one there. I would also inform him that his forum account needs to be the same as his in-game name to receive the reward.

A new player has come on and asks a few questions in global. After getting no immediate response they start spamming the questions. How would you respond to the situation?
    First I would verbally warn the user. I would then enter that I verbaled warned the user in their note list. After I did that I would thank them for joining ECC. I would then inform the user that I would be more than happy to answer any questions they may have.

A user messages you claiming that they have been griefed and they want you to do something about it. How would you go about handling the situation? What would you do to determine if action needs to be taken or not?
    I would first apologize to the user that has been griefed. I would ask to be tped to the location of the grief. If it was active grief I would warn the user to stop griefing. If they did not stop I would call in a higher-up to deal with the situation because I am not sure how the guidelines handle active grief. If the grief was not active, I would then link them to the grief report section of the forums. After they are done filling it out I would confirm that they did it correctly.

If a user asks you what are the rules regarding chat, followed immediately by a question about whether the server allows political talk or not. How would you respond to this situation?
    I would inform the user that civil political talk is only permitted in /ch VIP.

A new user logs onto the lobby, after he looks around a bit he decides to check out the VMR server, upon connecting to the VMR server he simply asks. “What is this, what is VMR?” How would you respond to this question?
    First, I would welcome them to the server. I would then explain to them what VMR is. To get to VMR, do /server VMR. VMR is short for Vinnila Mine Run. It is a vanilla game mode with specific items that are sellable each week. At the end of the week, the top five users with the most money will be rewarded with ECD deposited into their forum account. Then, the map is reset and a new list of items is chosen. There is also a book that you work the fill out.

A user is curious to what sort of automation is allowed on the Skyblock server, what action would you take or what information would you possibly provide so that he may be informed of the rules on ECC regarding Skyblock information?
    Would tell the user that any automation that requires something outside of vanilla Minecraft is not permitted on ECC. I would link them to this page for more information: https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/skyblock-afk-and-automation-guidelines/

An old returning user logs onto ECC and finds himself in the Skyblock server. He immediately is confused and asks whether ECC has reset, where his towns are and why doesn’t he have his old rank. How would you handle this situation?
    I would welcome the user back. I would then explain to them that ECC has recently added a new game mode, SkyBlock. To get back to the main server do /server main. On the main server, he will find his towns and his rank.

A user who frequents the Main server PM’s you, he has been cleaning up his town and he has some old locks that need removing. He states that he would like the locks removed because the users are inactive and he wants to remodel the town. He doesn’t seem to be aware that there is a specific process to have locks removed and asks you to just remove the locks. How would you go about assisting this user?
    I would inform the user that if he wants to remove the lock, the user who's lock he is trying to have removed must be offline for 7+ days. If his town his interact deny he needs to leave the user added to his town while the LWC is being processed. I would then link him to the LWC forum page. After he filed the LWC I would confirm that he did them correctly.

Former Staff Questions
    (If you have never been on the staff team, you may leave these questions blank)

When were you last on the staff team and how long were you a staff member?

What was your highest rank on the staff team?

What was your favorite part about being a staff member for EcoCityCraft?

If you were to return to the staff team, what would you do differently?

Other Questions

Do you consider yourself a risk taker?:

I do not.

Do you consider yourself a leader?:

I do, however, I recognize there are times where I know I need to be a follower and I can do that too.

How do you manage stress?:
    I really like dogs. When I am stressed I like to watch FaceBook dog videos. I also like to garden and sail.

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add?:
    If you have any questions please feel free to message me and I would be happy to answer them.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    #1 Aqua_Luna3, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. koko_2022

koko_2022 President
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +435
    -1 for being aqua

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Potato Potato x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. icondigi

icondigi Super Ex-SuperMod
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,410
    +1

You have been on ECC for quite some time, your application is well written and you would be an excellent addition to the staff team! :)

Best of luck,
    -icon

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Frostystorm1

Frostystorm1 BulletClub ︻╦╤─ | Former Senior Super Moderator
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,067
    +1

Has been on ECC for a while, knows the ins and outs of the server, is professional and staff-like in chat, and is super nice and helpful :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Jdawger

Jdawger Littlepip EcoLeader |ECCMuseum| Fallout: Equestria
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,015
    +1
    Let’s add one of the kindest members of the ECC community to staff pls

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #5 Jdawger, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  6. bobthegnome1

bobthegnome1 Permanently Broke EcoLeader
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +29
    *edit* -1. Seems to be really immature at times, and oft overreacts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #6 bobthegnome1, Jun 6, 2018
  7. FFA_Jdub

FFA_Jdub Reformed $ È¢ðLêåÐêr $
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $517
    Ratings:
    +761
    Good friend of mine! 1

• Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Ian__D

Ian__D Clergyman
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +954
    It's time. Make it happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. zero_0xb17491937

zero_0xb17491937 Game Designer
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Do it. Make it happen. Do it do it do it! Come on come on come on come on!!! Let’s make Aqua staff already. It’s time! What are we waiting for? We are running out of time. Do it do it do it do it DO IT!! AGHHHHHHHHHH!!

>_

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  10. koko_2022

koko_2022 President
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +435
    +1
    really nice person and helps out alot
    and a friend <3 aqua

11. DrowningInPizza

DrowningInPizza ☼Super Cheesy GameAdmin☼
    Game Admin Premium User Wiki Team

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,213
    Hey there @bobthegnome1 make sure you include a reason with your rating, as it states in the staff/wiki application rules here.

12. bobthegnome1

bobthegnome1 Permanently Broke EcoLeader
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +29
    There ya go, @DrowningInPizza

Didn't see you tell koko that on his -1 at the top, as that hardly seems like an adequate reason, but ok.

#12 bobthegnome1, Jul 9, 2018
  13. Jdawger

Jdawger Littlepip EcoLeader |ECCMuseum| Fallout: Equestria
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +1,015
    Edit

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #13 Jdawger, Jul 9, 2018
  14. koko_2022

koko_2022 President
    Premium User

Ratings:
    +435
    @bobthegnome1 when has she been "Seems to be really immature at times, and oft overreacts". she is very Mature unlike the most of the players on ecc, and ive never once seen her over react over anything example um people not doing shit the way she wants it she just moves on she has never "overreacted" over anything

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. FFA_Jdub

FFA_Jdub Reformed $ È¢ðLêåÐêr $
    Premium User

EcoDollars:
    $517
    Ratings:
    +761
    Her maturity level is equivalent too chiblin.

16. Darth_Hydraxis

Darth_Hydraxis EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +228
    +1 hope we both get mod would love to work with aqua!

17. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust EcoLegend
    Prestige ⭐ Premium User

Ratings:
    +2,421
    I’ve debated on if I I should comment on your app or not. Our interactions with each other have had their ups and downs, in the past we have said some things to each other that have rubbed the other the wrong way. For a while I kept my distance from you because I didn’t want to be involved in some of your choices. So I can see where some of the negative comments come from...

However, since you’ve came back from your break, I’ve seen you in a different light. You are more sensible when dealing with situations and I don’t see you overreacting as much. You always seem eager and willing to resolve any issues by talking things out, which shows a much better level of maturity. You’ve seem to really come into your own over the past few months. You are a very strong person who is always willing to help people (new and old members) of the community and I absolutely love seeing people take the time to help others!

I really admire the change in you as you have grown into an all around better person. The saying is true, you can’t please everyone, but you have really changed my opinion about you to the point where I can say with confidence that you are ready for staff. I wish you luck and hope to see you in blue soon! +1

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List