Staff Application [Phadedx29]

Discussion in 'Staff & Wiki Team Applications' started by Phadedx29, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Phadedx29

Phadedx29 Mayor

Ratings:
    +7

General Questions

What is your Minecraft username?:

Phadedx29

What are your in-game ranks?:

My two in-game ranks are Mayor and Voidwalker for the end world

How old are you?:

I am 17 years old

When did you join EcoCityCraft?:

I Joined Ecocitycraft on September 30, 2014

What time-zone are you in?:

I am in the Eastern Standard Time Zone

What time of the day do you usually play? Do you play mostly on weekends, or is it spread evenly through the week?

There is no specific time when I play, but I am able to usually get on at least 1 once a day in the afternoon around 5:00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Questions

In your opinion, what is the purpose of Moderators on EcoCityCraft? Why do you want to be a Moderator?:

In my opinion, the purpose of a moderator is to provide a comfortable and enjoyable environment for everyone within the server. The duty of a moderator is not only to enforce the rules when the situation deems them necessary, but also to provide an positive and loving atmosphere that welcomes everyone. This can include anything from answering a question from a confused player, to comforting and aiding a member in need. The reasoning behind my desire to become a part of the staff team is just that, to provide an enjoyable and safe environment for each and every Minecraft user who decides to join the Ecocitycraft community.

Do you have any experience in moderating Xenforo forums or Minecraft servers? Provide links if possible:

I do not have experience moderating forums, although I have been apart of in-game staff teams on other servers. I have a few friends who own smaller servers holding around 50 to 60 active members. Within these servers, I have held staff ranks ranging from Moderator all the way to Server admin

How have you been helping the community grow bigger and better? How will you help the server once you are a Moderator?

In effort to help the ECC community grow, I have been participating in a variety of task in order to allow members to make the most out of their Ecocitycraft experiences. This includes task like, Giving plots and houses to new members, being a sort of tour guide/ instructor to players, and even recommending the server to a bunch of friends in real life. ECC is an amazing server, but sadly, it receives far less members than it truly deserves. As Moderator I will continue to participate in the tasks that I have before but also use my rank to eliminate negative aspects of the server and bring in more positive ones.

The staff team is always changing and improving. If you become a staff member, what is one thing you would like to change about the staff team?

As amazing as the Ecocitycraft Staff team seems to be, there is always something that can be changed. Unfortunately, I do not believe that I am able to answer this question legitimately until I have actually been part of the staff team myself. From the player’s point-of-view, the Ecocitycraft staff team is a hardworking group of people who seem to work well with one another, Although, You never know what goes on within the team itself

EcoCityCraft gets a lot of Moderator applications. What specifically do you think puts you above the other applicants?:

I Believe that I have been here long enough to truly understand what's best for the server. I also am a very determined person who will put forth the effort to do things when the situation calls for it. I'm the type of person who won’t just allow things to fly by, rather I will do everything in my power to ameliorate an issue as soon as possible. I understand that these are just simple traits, and I know that they do not necessarily put me above other applicants. Although, I do believe that because of my commitment and dedication, I can be a great asset to the staff team.

Why do you think that you will not be picked? What do you need to improve on?:

Well I have a hard time letting issues go or handling situations with others because I’m always convinced that I can do them all on my own. To me, it seems that asking for help can be taken as a sign of weakness. Although, This pride that i have has led to me taking on situations that have overwhelmed me and as a result, I have become extremely frustrated. It hasn’t been easy, but I’ve been working on trusting others and sharing the responsibilities, and as a result, I have been able to really accomplish some incredible things. Out of this weakness though, you can count on me having the personality of a leader in all situations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothetical Questions:

You see another, more senior, staff member warn a person for harassment but you didn’t see any harassment in any of the chats visible to you. You ask them, and the explanation given doesn’t make any sense. What do you do?

After asking about it, and receiving the answer that I did, I would probably notify several other Senior Staff Members to let them be aware of the situation as well. As just a Moderator, I am not fully aware of what to do, and hopefully, by doing this, I gain insight on what to do next time.

A builder at spawn is spamming in all caps asking for a town to live in. How do you handle the situation?

First, I would let them know that they aren't allowed to spam in chat and they cannot type in all caps unless they make use of the /shout command. I would then inform them that any messages that deal with economic-based variables belong in Trade Chat or /ch tr. They would also be notified that they are only allowed two unique trade ad's every 5 minutes.

Another builder at spawn later appears to be asking a question, however it isn’t in English and you don’t know the language. After asking them to speak English, it becomes clear they don’t understand you. How do you handle the situation?

Well, I haven't seen this happen much on the server, but I am aware that it is far from impossible. If this were to happen while I was Moderator, I would first, as said in the question, ask them to please speak English If they are able to. After becoming aware that they cannot speak English, I would use a web translating system to at least let them know that this an English based Minecraft server, and if they wish to participate in a server in which they can understand the language, they should leave immediately. I have seen staff do this in the past, and It has proven to be very effective.

A mayor pm’s you about another player who has been harassing them all week, whether it be through hanging around their town or constantly spamming them in pm. How do you handle this situation?

Initially, I would ask the player to obtain proof of their concern, or screenshots if you will. After gathering this proof, I would insist on /ignoring the user, as there is no further reason to maintain connections with this user. I would then encourage them to go on the forum webpage and file a complaint with the proof that they have gathered. If I was to ever catch this player at the mayor's town I would ask them to leave and if they declined, I would take advantage of the warn system that the server has available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Questions

Do you consider yourself a risk taker?:

In general, No. I do not consider myself a risk taker, but that all depends on what type of risk you're referring to. Life is full of risk, and sometimes the choices you make can lead to life changing events, where there is no coming back. I prefer to play thing safe, or "by the book" as some may say. Although, when the situation calls for it, I am known to "skip and few pages" if you know what I mean.

Do you consider yourself a leader?:

I do consider myself a leader. I have learned from experience that when it's time for something to happen, I will be the type of person to take charge to make sure that whatever that "something" is is carried out. It's not because I have any greater knowledge, but simply because I am not the type of person to follow along in negative situations.

How do you manage stress?:

I'm the type of person who doesn't like to let things get to me, so I rarely have issues with stress. Although, when stressful situations do arises, I prefer to keep things inside and handle things within myself. I feel as though by doing this, I am able keep others from building up stress as well. I've been on this earth for over a decade but it feels as though I have just got here. Throughout these years of living, I have learned that life is too short to worry about things that are even shorter.

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add?:

I am not the most “popular” person on the server and throughout these 3 years i have generally kept to myself and my friends. Although, this does not mean that I cannot become more extroverted and trust me, I will become more extroverted when becoming part of staff. I just hope that popularity doesn’t affect your decision.

• Like Like x 1
  2. green_tiger77

Ratings:
    +32
    Sounds like you know what you are doing on ECC so +1

• Like Like x 1
  3. Awkward_Pandas

Ratings:
    +24
    I've been your friend for a good while and seeing how you've dealt with variety of situations, +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BigKidd2

BigKidd2 Mayor

Ratings:
    +2
    I've known Phadedx29 for a very long time now, I believe that he shows the type maturity and leadership that this server needs, Good Luck My Friend! +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lambieplays

lambieplays Mayor

Ratings:
    +84
    Very nice and quiet, also with a chill-like demeanor. Would love to see you as staff!
    +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. xValinityx

xValinityx Mayor

Ratings:
    +683
    Someone must be chopping onions around here :' I am gonna cry! Pitch (Referring to his old username) has been a long friend of mine. This guy some how manages to play so much. There was this one time when he had to clean the bathroom so he was like, "brb guys gotta clean the bathroom" and we were like ok. After a few minutes later he came back without saying anything and we were like "hey you are back". And then.... he was like "No, I am still cleaning." This man is an insane legend, so I'll just end this off with, how do you clean the bathroom and play Minecraft at the same time?
    He truly dedicates his time into what he likes, if you go to his town he has built so many amazing houses by hand without flying or anything.
    This is a big +1 from me!

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Phadedx29

Phadedx29 Mayor

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the support guys really means a lot!

• Friendly Friendly x 3