Sticky [Start Here] Contract Forum Rules and Format

Discussion in 'Contracts' started by ClarinetPhoenix, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
    Contracts and Contract Rules

This forum is for contracts to be made and signed by parties, to be used as evidence in case of issues and to help control large transactions that can go wrong.

This forum works as follows:
    1. A user fills out the contract form, and posts a new thread containing the terms of the contract.
    2. All other parties involved in the contract fill out the acceptance form, and post it in the thread opened by the first user.
    3. Once all parties have signed and agreed, a staff member reviews the thread and locks it, binding the contract.

The rules for the use of this forum are as follows:
    1. You may make a contract for any transaction/deal that is within all of our server rules, however, the contract may not be used as evidence in a situation until both parties have signed off in the thread, and the terms of the contract have been reviewed and approved by a staff member, and your thread has been locked.

2. You may review the terms of your contract at any time and make changes, but any change made will have to be re-signed by all parties involved and reviewed and approved by a staff member.

3. Breaking the terms of a contract will result in a ban for "Scamming"

4. Bans made for this reason must have appropriate evidence that parts of the contract were breached/not met. This includes proof that the transaction has actually happened in game (proof of payment, proof of ownership transfer, etc.) where applicable. Please make contracts that are easy to collect evidence for, because if we cannot prove it, we cannot act upon it.

5. If any major change in official server rules or features happens that adversely affects the completion of a contract in progress, that contract will be considered void and reopened for negotiation. EcoCityCraft staff can not and will not take liability for any loss incurred due to the need for these changes.

6. Posting in any thread that does not pertain to you is against the rules, and will result in a thread ban and warning points being applied to your forum account.

7. All tools mentioned in contracts must be /own'ed and the ID # of the tool must be provided for a contract to be valid.

Note: You can only give permission for the town to be transferred via the Town Transfer Application if you are the Official Owner of the town. Anyone can see this by checking who posted the original town application - that is who the Official Owner is. Unless the title now says “NEW OWNER: <user>”, then the user in the title is the Official Owner.

Contract Form

IGN:
    <your in-game name.>

Users Involved in this Contract:
    <the other user(s) involved with this contract. All users listed must sign.>

Terms of the contract:
    <list terms here>

I (the contract initiator) agree to the terms listed above:
    <Yes or no>

Contracts in the old format below are still deemed acceptable:
    IGN:
    <your in-game name.>

Users Involved in this Contract:
    <the other user(s) involved with this contract. All users listed must sign.>

General Purpose of Contract:
    <general outline of what the contract is for.>

I (the contract initiator) agree to the following terms, and agree that my failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract, as outlined in Rule 3:
    <list here terms that you will uphold in this contract.>

The other user(s) involved with this contract must agree to the following terms:
    <list here terms that the other parties will be agreeing to by signing this contract.>

I agree that the terms in this contract are subject to all of EcoCityCraft's rules, including the rules listed specifically in this forum. I understand that the contract may be affected by future changes in EcoCityCraft rules and server updates, and I accept that due to the possibility of such changes, this contract may be at my own risk. I understand that the contents of this contract are subject to staff assessment, review and approval before it is a binding contract under EcoCityCraft rules. I accept that action may not be taken in case of a breach of contract if appropriate and sufficient evidence is not provided of such.:
    <Agreement to these terms, yes or no.>

Contract Agreement Form
    Any reply in the explicit affirmative, such as "I agree" or "I agree to the following terms above" is an acceptable signature/agreement to the contract.

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
    #1 ClarinetPhoenix, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.