The EcoCityCraft Insider #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KingCharlie9, Nov 16, 2017.

1. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +526
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to a new type of thread, inspired by ones long ago...
    This is basically an online newspaper about whats going on in ECC!

What is the EcoCityCraft Insider?:
    It is a new online newspaper for EcoCityCraft, run by me, and I plan to fill it up with interesting things every week or so :) I hope you enjoy it!

This edition - Trouble in Foix, VMR Info, Community Poll and more!

Here is our headline story...
    Uh oh! There's a bit of trouble going around the server - particularly in Foix. The president, bmanvman, seems to have lost trust in his team, and names have been called! Fingers pointed, worries arise, and a lot more all in the 2nd article!

[​IMG]
    Vanilla Mine Run:
    But before we get on with getting you the inside scoop, I'd like to talk about EcoCityCraft's newest game mode! VanillaMineRun has been out for quite some time now, and it's been interesting to see each week's theme, people's theme suggestions, and mostly, the winners!

For those of you who don't know what VanillaMineRun (VMR) is, it is a game mode on ECC where a theme is chosen, and within that theme are certain blocks you need to obtain and /sell to earn VMRDollars. The players with the top5 VMRD (VmrDollars) each week will receive ECD money rewards!
    The VMR world is reset each week on Sunday, and with it comes a new theme. If you like grinding, this is the game mode for you! And there's more to come as andrewkm has said that the Administration team is working on adding rewards for people who cant grind as much too!

If you have an idea for a good theme, you can fill out a VMR Theme suggestion in the VanillaMineRun forum! Now I'll include a link to the most frequent VMR winners as of now :)
    Here are the top 5 vmr players - @Imabankthing @wolfwoodnyo @Quackk @pokeball92870 @XunHongWu. And here's the link to the whole leaderboard - https://vanilla.ecocitycraft.com/
    That's all for now on VMR!

Request articles! That's right, now you the readers of the ECC Insider can request articles you'd like to see! Next edition, I plan to do an article on the top 5 most intriguing towns. Like that idea? Then rate this post as 'Creative' with the paintbrush icon to vote!

Ad spaces! Yes that's right, now you can buy ad spaces, and the money will go towards special giveaway editions! The cost is $500, but you are free to donate more!
    The lovely nation of Foix is selling accomodation for you to live in!
    As well as @KaylahJacobs's /warp simba , where you can live and shop in!
    And not to forget SolarNation, a massive nation that is friendly and helpful!
    Since this is the first edition for ads, I've just included these ads to help some people out.
    Your ad could be here, it can include pictures and more too!

Now, the headline story you've been waiting for:
    I've been in talks with a secret source within the Foix team. According to my source, which I will refer to as Saucy throughout this text, @Bmanvman has been arguing with his team and the most shocking thing is - he might not run for another term because of his team.
    Saucy has informed me that 'he [Bman] is unhappy with his teams performance.'. Not only that, he is second-guessing some of his staff - "Bman is unhappy about DrowningInPizza [The Build Team Leader] as he feels she is more commited to the SolarNation," Saucy tells me. SolarNation is a nation that @DrowningInPizza owns, and I suggest you go check it out; it is awesome!
    Allegedly, bman's vice president UnitedStates2 "Hasn't done sh*t" (Blocked for viewing purposes) according to Saucy.
    And finally, it looks like the president himself is struggling, as he's apparently said: "running Foix is very hard". I can't blame him though, a nation of that size surely must be hard to manage.
    However, bman has completed a lot so far, and his team have helped him through this. Now I am not claiming bman is a bad president, but instead a slightly bad leader.
    He's argued with his staff team, and when I asked him about this in-game, he claimed there were no arguments, however when I asked him "Is that a promise bman?" He simply declined to answer, suggesting it is true.
    He also declined to answer a lot more questions, involving the alleged reports in this article, and the ones he did respond to, he answered in a way that suggests that he isn't telling the truth.
    Is the Foix president not telling the truth? Is the Foix president arguing with his team? Is he a good leader, or should I say role model?

Story from @Drewbo_ So basically long story short the price of stone went down. Players used to be able to sell stone.

And a question answered by the players of ECC during peak hours - Which is the best feature to buy? And most said Fly/Speed or ExtCom+.
    Fly/Speed is very useful and I personally use it a lot, and it was the clear favourite when users were asked. Its on sale now at $27 rather than $60, so buy it before Nov 26th, at shop.ecocitycraft.com!

Question of the Edition:
    Leave your answers in a reply to be featured next edition! Last edition's featured replier - @Zevlogs !
    Who is your favourite staff member, and if you want, say why.
    The most detailed or genuine answer will be featured in the next edition!

Recent Name Changes:
    We got a couple name changes on the server; take a look-
    mr_DOPE to @zenber
    Igor_Bogdanoff to @KaceytronIsBae
    bobbyfive5 to @AnimeTiddy
    Logbo to @Hemk
    OinkyOverlord to @IneffableOink
    Wow__ to @FazeAmerican
    Ryanbo_ to @Debt_
    xXyoloarcherXx to @Archer26
    That's a few of the name changes from October!

Recent Rank Ups:
    Loads of people ranked up, heres a couple -
    Mayor rank was achieved by:
    @Cosmicvibration @iceshrike @ToyotaMKIII @DennisDelRey @Lucidious18 @tapper324 @albiz @bronzorg3 @geologisthate
    President was achieved by:
    @NoahCrafting @xDelta14 @Hackney_Builder @b_ball18 @CreativeSoum @
    And only @PvPMaster911 ranked up in Tycoon or higher!
    Congrats to all of you!

Town of the Edition!-
    Today's town of the edition is the spacious Fernzwood, owned by @xboyfernz! I have chosen this town almost solely because of the great buildings, especially the hub. Also, the way this place blends with the surroundings is great. Well done!

Leave a reply if you want you're town to be featured next edition!
    -Written by @TheEpicLime

Player of the Edition!-
    This edition's award goes out to @Paragon_OfVirtue for her outstanding time dedication to make sure players who are going into the End for the first time are well equipped and prepared! She put in so much effort into helping players, she's earned this award! Congratulations!
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/surviving-the-end-as-a-new-farmer.163813/

We dont let people just ask for Player of the Edition, we go across the server looking for people who put themselves above others. Just be good and we'll notice you!

This was inspired by @eekelmo 's EcoCity Times. A lot of credit goes to this player for this, I just wanted to restart it up :)

Thanks to all who left inspiring comments and reviews about the first edition - @pat2100 @KaylahJacobs @Zevlogs @xValinityx @AdmiralD @oRvsty @Ladyvamptress @_Sim @ajp79 @YTN1112 @eekelmo @PvPMaster911 Thank you all, you have truly inspired me and made my day with your comments.

Plans for Edition #3 (Please note these are subject to change and will be updated regularly when new ideas come to me)
    An interview with @appleprocucling [ This was meant to be in this edition, but I didn't want to fill it up too much ;) ]

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 KingCharlie9, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  2. Imabankthing

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,281
    Another great read Charlie, keep up the great work.

3. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    Thank you!!

4. pokeball92870

pokeball92870 PokeManiac
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,547
  5. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it, a 3 hours well spent :)

6. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    Wow, this is incredibly amazing! Nice job on it, must've taken alot of time!

7. KaylahJacobs

KaylahJacobs Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +54
    Thanks for including me! <3 very much appreciated! Great job on the news too!

8. DrowningInPizza

DrowningInPizza Always Drowning In Something
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,226
    @KingCharlie9 Aww thanks for the kind words about Solar buddy <3

9. LanRooks

LanRooks President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +793
    Wow- really impressed with this! Would love to see this keep coming :cat:

10. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    Hmm nice idea Charlie. I might try this in the future

11. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    It did, thank you - I tried my best

12. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    No problemo! Thanks for the comment!

13. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    Thanks! I plan to keep this going for a long time, at least until the readers are satisfied :)

14. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    always stealin my ideas smh
    Jk jk Thanks and you should try it!

15. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    No problem! After I all, I do own land there xD!

16. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    looks at OSR

17. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    what is osr

18. zenber

zenber Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +12
  19. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    OnSceneReporter. I think this whole Ecc news paper business started with him. I don’t know tho, I wasn’t around when he was.

As for this edition. I was a bit disappointed. I liked the first one, but then this one took a drastic change and went in the direction the normal media does these days with reporting negative drama. Sure ECC has its drama and people flock to see it, but I personally would rather read about the good stuff going on in the community, read tips and tricks to help the newbie, maybe what builds people are working on, where to find tools, who has the best prices in their shops, etc, etc. y’know... things that will actually help people, not some pointless drama. To be honest, I think you got a better response with your first one too. This was alright tho, good effort. :). Thank you for taking the time to do this!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #19 Ladyvamptress, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  20. PvPMaster911

PvPMaster911 Ex-GA
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +428
    Amazing! Honestly, I can’t bear to wait for the next edition! I would like to purchase and spot for advertisements please.