The Fate of the Lancaster Mall is in YOUR HANDS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samiwarbler, Apr 26, 2016.

?

The Lancaster Mall

1. Should it stay....?

48.3%
  2. or should it go?

51.7%
  1. samiwarbler

samiwarbler Sheep Queen
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +552
    Many of you may be familiar with the mall at /warp lancaster either in it's old form, or when it was rebuilt oh, several months ago?

Anyways, as it comes down to it- with a town as big as Lancaster it's made me wonder- is it worth it to have this in the city? Seeing the server's /warp market as pitiful as it is these days, it also makes me feel a bit guilty that it could potentially pull people away from there.

That being said- I want outside opinions of people who have been in Lancaster, shopped at Lancaster, who don't care, or who have other player run malls. Is it worth it? Will you shop there? Is the potential lag worth it? That being said, I do plan on having some sort of shop in Lancaster, for the citizens who need quick supplies- but it would most likely be run by myself for relatively cheap prices.

So, please.. Vote!

2. samiwarbler

samiwarbler Sheep Queen

Ratings:
    +552
  3. Genovani

Genovani 天国の強さ
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +878
    It should go. I haven't seen anyone there recently.

4. 29dude

29dude Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +859
    It's a really nice build, but it's all looks and no productivity. I just don't think people are interested in running a store at such a small scale. I used to have a shop there wen I was a resident and made zero. Maybe instead of demolishing it all it could be repurposed?

5. samiwarbler

samiwarbler Sheep Queen

Ratings:
    +552
    Well I think people MIGHT use it once it is advertised... but again, theory.

6. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    I'd like to see it there if e town becomes a active bouncy city like it use to be
    Then people probably would buy from the local market because that's what they know.

Right now it serves no purpose because it has no traffic going through the city, but hopefully when it does, this will be well worth keeping.

7. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Mission is exactly correct - it really depends on if the town will be active again. If there is no priority for making the town active, there is no need for a market. I personally would love to see this city thrive like it used to "back in the day".
    Not sure if the prices (1k per month) are to be the same as when jm marketed it last, but I still stand by my offer to pay the first months rent for the first 10 to commit to staying there for at least 2 months (in other words, I will pay one month and they pay one month).

8. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,377
    I think it can go. Would open up more space for homes towards the town center which is a nice thing to have.

9. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Due to the fact that jm is now building a new town with a new market, I feel that there is no reason for me to continue to support Lancaster Mall anymore. I have removed my shop and wish you the very best of success in whatever you choose to do with the town!
    I am grateful for the time I was allowed to be there and thank you for that.

10. secretlondon

secretlondon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
    Malls need promoting and traffic. There is more work for a mall owner than building it and leasing it out.

I had a great spot in the mall but sold very little. It's a beautiful build but without promotion there is no point.