~~** UNLUCKY 13th EDITION OF THE ECC BLOG**~~

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anvildash, Nov 5, 2013.

?

Is the 13th edition unlucky?

1. YES!

52.9%
  2. NO!

47.1%
  1. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    WELCOME
    Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the unlucky 13th edition of the ECC blog! *Bows to applause* I'm sure I'm not the only one that is totally wishing they were at Minecon right now, but we can't all be so lucky :( . Anyway, lately I've been working on an ECC bog banner and I've now come to the realization that I am completely incapable of doing artistic things. Of course I only had this realization after having spent hours trying different text and backgrounds... If any readers are artistically inclined I would majorly appreciate your assistance in the creation of a banner. Now that I've gotten that out of my system I, without further ado, give you all the 13th edition of the ECC blog!
    *Note* I decided to dedicate this edition just to congratulating the spooky build winners so that's why there is a lack of other subject matter (Nicodemux and your 804 word long interview answers :D) Thanks to 7airlinepilot for the screenshots!

TOP 3 SPOOKY BUILD WINNERS
    Yes ladies and gentlemen, after an entire month of building time, the winners of the spooky build contest have been announced and we here at the ECC blog have decided to feature the top three winners! Before I get into that I would like to congratulate the other winners of the contest that are: 4th thomasku11 5th thehockeykids2 6th _NameUnknown_ 7th blowtube123 8th place tie Supersize and peregrines3469 9th Lady_Frost and finally most creative to Thecreator767

FIRST PLACE
    This build was made by Nicodemux and it is more or less the essence of Halloween. With mass amounts of awesome note block music tracks of classic Halloween songs like "GhostBusters" and "This is Halloween" this build is truly amazing! The great escape puzzle that this build features just adds to the overall awesomeness of it! I sat down with nico, here's what was said:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

SECOND PLACE
    In second place we have riku1301 who built an awesome run down mansion with a very well built trick or treating witch on top of it. I think this build really did deserve the high ranking it got because of the mansion's awesome architecture and creativity. I sat down with Riku to discuss his build, here's what was said:

[​IMG][​IMG]

THIRD PLACE
    Finally in third place we have _TANSTAAFL with an honestly very creepy build. I've read "IT" and it is a terrifying book and this build just brought all that rushing back (thanks Tan... JK). But really, this build was amazing and was quite detailed considering the limited building capabilities of mincraft. I sat down with Tan to discuss his build, here's what was said:

[​IMG]

QUESTION OF THE WEEK
    Last edition's question was: How do you feel about the new main world? We got some interesting responses but here are the ones that I selected to feature.

Original_Jackson responded with:
    Emau responded with:
    seawiiplay responded with:
    This edition's question of the week is: What is your opinion on the new spawn layout? Leave interesting and creative answers in the comments below!

FORMAT FOR BUILD/TOWN SUBMISSIONS

#1 anvildash, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. nitro172

nitro172 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +55
    cool edition

3. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    Thanks nitro :D

4. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Yay! Another blog to read :D! Excellent work as always anvil! Has it really already been 13 of these :eek: (very unlucky btw). Congratulations to all the winners of the Spooky Build Contest, the builds were honestly spectacular! As to the question...

What is your opinion on the new spawn layout? Leave interesting and creative answers in the comments below!:
    I'll say it right now, I'm not a fan. If you want to know why... Read on, and good luck.

5. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    I completely agree, I hate having to run so far to get to the portals... and wtf is the spawn pit thing?!

6. KillerkongPro

KillerkongPro Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +43
    Q: What is your opinion on the new spawn layout?

A: I think it's really nice. Although I miss the old one (I will always love you), the new one is very easy to get around in. Think of it as new players joining. They might have an easier time than newcomers did with the old spawn.

7. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    BADABING! BADABUMP!

8. BrokeMel

BrokeMel broke
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +830
    I actually like the new layout. It's a lot less cramped than the old one. I prefer the old ghast though...

9. thehockeykids2

thehockeykids2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,581
    What is your opinion on the new spawn layout?
    I like the new portals with the pixel artwork above them, but the spawn in general is too spread out, some mod personalization would be cool.

10. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    I do miss the ghast too, I really liked just throwing random stuff in it and waiting for builders to pick it up :)

11. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    Yes, some additions to make spawn less bare would be fantastic

12. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    babababababababababababababump