What could I improve on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BuildsByGideon, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuildsByGideon

BuildsByGideon Architecture
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,373
    Hello everyone,

So, since I have been asked SO much to apply for moderator I am considering it, yes I know I've told people I am a busy guy IRL but I may be able to apply anyway ;)

Now I am asking you guys to tell me my faults and why I wouldn't be an OK staff member, I do know one of the mod said something about me that made me feel very bad, anyway I was planning to apply then but after she said that I decided not to. Now I wana, well, I've always wanted to.

So please comment my faults so I can improve on them and become a good moderator. If you feel like you don't want to make it public start a conversation with me about it

Thank you very much
    -Gideon

#1 BuildsByGideon, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  2. ChargerBoltz5

ChargerBoltz5 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,340
  3. BuildsByGideon

Ratings:
    +4,373
  4. BuildsByGideon

Ratings:
    +4,373
    I am want people to tell me what reason I might not be good for staff, I need people's opinions of me, I want to know what I could improve on

5. BuildsByGideon

Ratings:
    +4,373
    I want people's honest opinions of me, that means no sparing my feelings

6. kevinwelch2001

kevinwelch2001 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +164
    Give me 100k, jk. Being serious though there aren't really any bad things that you could improve on that come to mind. if you do apply Goodluck!

7. Explosive_Cheese

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +13
    ^ What Kevin said

EDIT: Oops, wrong forum acc

#7 Explosive_Cheese, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  8. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    From my own experience, building and moderating the server are mutually exclusive. You can't expect to build huge structures that require detailed planning and follow chat. Your attention can't be divided in such a way; multitasking is a myth. I learned this when building the cathedral at Epicure.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    If you are like me, then the choice to become a moderator implies a loss in the opportunity to build. You must decide whether that loss outweighs what you gain from being a moderator.

10. THCOOL

THCOOL SolarNation Founder and Ex-smod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +781
    You asked for an honest truth, so here it is from me.
    1. You told me once that you struggle to even find time to play for a single hour a day. You said you were gonna change some things in your life to make time for ECC. My suggestion, dont. Dont focus and arrange your life around a video game man, its just simply not worth it. If you can find spare time then sure, but do not specifically change things in your life to create that said spare time.
    2. I find that you take things extrememly personal. We had a small misshap when you were helping me with my builder town. To run an efficient town (especially a builder town) you need to be able to put time into it and becuase you could not, I explained this and felt it would be best if we simply parted ways. You got upset which is understandable, but you took it to an extreme when you wouldnt stop telling me how sad you were and it got to the point where you actually told me "fine, I will get out of your life and never hear from me again" :/ this is what I call an extreme overreaction. Believe me when I say that staff handle situations much worse than this and If you overreacted to something as simple as this.... Then you are not fit for staff. Even in your post you said that something somebody told you was enough to sway your decision and got you upset. I am sorry but you have to be able to control your emotions better which ties in with your age imo (below)
    3. Personally the age thing kinda gets to me. I know some people are very mature for their age, but their is still a ton a developing/life experience that is happening and so I just dont think that your age is best fit for a staff position
    4. I notice a few grammatical errors that sometimes make it hard to understand exactly what exactly you mean. As staff, you need to be able to get your point across crystal clear which is something that from my experience with you, you struggle with. This isnt too much of an issue though because everyone struggles with this, even myself.
    Sorry gideon. I know you mean good, but I think ive made my points clear (heavy emphasis on points 2 and 3). Good luck man.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. BuildsByGideon

Ratings:
    +4,373
    Thank you @THCOOL, I have regretted how I took that situation also I will work on not getting too emotional in situations.

@Mendiboi I do know that I won't be able to build much or do much work when a mod, I don't mind that to much though I do like building

12. RandomCat7

RandomCat7 #AlwaysSmeefy
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +836
    I think you'd be a great candidate! You're always helpful and supporting. But like THCOOL said, don't move things around in real life for a video game. If you can get the required hours in, that's great! But real life comes first ;)

13. BuildsByGideon

Ratings:
    +4,373
    Moving around things in my life is just getting up early :p

14. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Personally I think you lack the maturity and emotional stability required to handle the staff position. While you do act quite mature most of the time, I do not believe you will be able to handle the negative backlash you get as a staffmember. This is mostly because your incredibly young age. You'd be the youngest person to ever be on staff. And with 1 exception, most 13-14 year olds haven't been good staff. You simply need to grow and mature before anything. Moderating isn't just fun. It's frustrating and annoying. You're just too young to be fully capable of handling that. I don't know you too well, but I'm basing this off of a few simple things:
    First, this thread. You made this thread to get other people's opinion on you, because you probably feel like you might have done something bad, or maybe you think you have some major flaws. Either way it shows a lack of confidence. Be more confident in yourself.
    secondly, potato ratings. This also ties into your confidence. When people rate you potato you think to yourself "What did I do wrong?". I get that feeling, but you should just shrug things like that off. Who cares about ratings? Don't bother thinking about why you get ratings.

You have confidence problems. It's not a weird thing for a 12 year old, hell, I had that as a 15 year old. But in your case you're so young, you're just going to start in your puberty, which will turn most people into an angsty mess at first. I'd say wait a year or two before you should consider applying for staff.

For now.. just have fun doing whatever you want to do on ECC. Don't try to give yourself responsibilities like staff. It will only be stressful and a burden.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #14 kukelekuuk, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  15. BuildsByGideon

Ratings:
    +4,373
    Thank you kuke, I will take your advice and wait a while longer.

16. BuildsByGideon

Ratings:
    +4,373
    Mods please lock

17. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,377
    Locked Upon Request