What is your ECC story?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Olovice, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Olovice

Olovice Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +90
    Hello! I'm Olovice, and I've been playing on ECC for quite a while now (since early to mid June of 2012), though my rank doesn't really show it. I'm very interested in hearing some of your stories on how you've grown throughout your time on the server, such as when you started, some of the first people you met, etc. I'll start by sharing my story!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I said before, I started on this server in June of 2012 (possibly before then, just basing this off my forum account). At the time, my username was Buildablock98, which I have changed several times since then. I remember logging in and finding myself confused and unsure of where to go or what to do. This was the first server I had played that wasn't a creative-mode server. So, I just wandered around, trying to figure out how to build, since I didn't really understand the concept of a spawn-area (I was 13 at the time, and I wasn't the brightest). Eventually I found myself digging a hole in the ground to live in and trying to make some cash.

After I managed to get myself a hefty sum of around $500, I noticed an advertisement in chat by a fellow builder name D4NTE_3. He was selling a room in a little apartment he had built in the wild. I messaged him and asked how to find him, and he told me to travel through one of the town portals (I can't remember which town sadly, otherwise I'd try and find the old building). After finally meeting with him, we became friends and tried to see if we could get into an actual town.

After some time, he told me he managed to find a mayor willing to sell us a cheap plot in his town, Exile Island. The mayor, North88, told us the coordinates, which to our concern was very far away, across entire oceans. However, we pressed on anyways, unaware of the ability to hire people to teleport us (I can't remember if that was a feature back then, but I assume it was). So, we build some boats and sailed away for what felt like hours, until we finally saw the town render into existence. It was a quaint little town, with a little barrier showing its borders, and a bustling little community of people having random conversations and welcoming us to their town. Scattered around were several features, such as a fairly sized wheat farm and even a public pumpkin farm! We didn't know what to think; this town had everything!

D4NTE_3 and I pulled together our money to buy ourselves a little 10x10 plot, big enough to store our stuff and build a dainty little shack. We then proceeded to farm until we could afford a second plot, so both of us had our own. We had finally made it into an actual town, and we couldn't have been happier. After a little while, the current co-mayor of the town was about to be removed by North88 for several reasons, and the mayor was looking for a new co-owner for the town. For some reason, he chose me, and proceeded to pay me as much money as I needed to rank up to resident. I couldn't believe it! I now co-owned a town, and I just started!

As time went on, North88 went inactive and has remained so to this day, sadly. I continued to run the town for quite a while, but had to stop so that I could build up my own town (I was a mayor at one point, but had my rank reset for reasons I won't get in to.) Now, I'm in the process of fixing up the town to hopefully bring it back to its former glory and give new players something to feel good about.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I love this idea.

So I joined this server on Dec 15th, 2013 when my irl best friend @oreo1227 told me that it was his one year anniversary on this server called ECC. Curious, I joined and liked it. Oreo took me into his town of Sweden until I became a mayor (two weeks later).

I did leave the server for 9 months in 2014 to become the assistant builder on the biggest my little pony server in Minecraft. That’s where I learned many tips for great builds.

With this new knowledge, I returned to ECC and started building old and new builds that were both inspired and ripped from the server.

I then opened the Coco Museum to house many special items and player heads of ECC for future builders. This lasted for a few months until I obtained the domain name of “ECCMuseum” and a town of the same name. This made Coco’s items move to the ECCMuseum.

Today, I am easily in the top 25 in Net Worth of active members and top 250 of all time with the ECCMuseum projected to being the borderline second largest item museum and third largest Head Museum in ECC.

#2 Jdawger, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  3. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    I joined not too long ago, probably around late June. I was originally looking for a server to play on, and found this video mentioning some minigame server known as AEM. I thought to myself, "This is a server I could try out" so I typed in AEM's server IP and found myself on ECC. Confused, I walked through the tutorial and got a rough understanding on how this server operated. After I had finished the tutorial, I remember asking for a town in /ch tr waaay past the 5 minute limit. I'm not exactly sure whether I was told by a mod to slow down my ads, but I was then told by a resident in /ch tr that I could join a town known as sassenheim. When I warped there, I was greeted by 2 people - @Elembra, the resident (who is now a mayor) and @ryan0401 who was the builder who told me to join sassenheim in trade as well (now also a mayor). I remember paying for a plot via nstars, and I got *MegaLucky* on my second vote. "Woah". I remember giving 4 nstars, and keeping the others to myself (which I later stupidly used /sell hand on, and I WAS IN THE MARKET...) and was taken to an apartment and a pre-built. I asked if I could have a plot, and quickly found one that I liked. It costed more than I had given, so I started mining (not in the mining world) I got some money out of it from mining with my /kit starter and later obtaining an iron pick, but I wasn't satisfied with my income so I began to look for jobs. The next day, I had enough saved up to get that plot, and began to build a lovely little stone house that I lived in for a very long time. When I had finished my house, I noticed that we had another new resident in sassenheim who had bought the plot next to mine. She was @Pizza2082, who I remember looking outside my house and saying "Hello neighbour". We had very nice conversations and and adventures together during our days in sassenheim. To this day, I still come back to my house and use it as storage! I remember putting a public workbench and furnace outside since back then I felt the need to have public facilities in the town. From then, I built a fishing pond as fishing in the 20x20 public wheat farm had gotten me the funds for resident and later got Extcreations and built myself an apartment building of my own. It was my first successful real estate project that I was truly proud of, even today. I stuck to sassenheim, even when it became an inactive town and always used that small plot that I had for everything I needed. But I wanted to go bigger, and got perms to multiple farms which I were completely awestruck by (I had been making income from a 20x20 farm and thought that was as big as it got). I first got into sugar canes, since it was the only type of farming without any tool that you didn't need to replant with but I then took a loan and bought a pumpkin axe. After that, I took on the ambitious quest of saving for a melon sword and after a month of buying nstars, end farming, SG and pumpkin farming I combined funds with 2 other people and finally got that melon sword I dreamer of... Only to deem melon farming useless and boring compared to the ways I make money nowadays. ;-; And that's about it, I then got mayor (and I am still a mayor) and my own town, followed by a vault. More of the story to come, I guess. :p
    Damn, this is one long post...

#3 Scamazon, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  4. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    Well here we go:
    I first joined the server about a year and a half ago, coming from an inferior economy while looking for economy servers; I had always liked the concept. @green_tiger77, my sister, made this journey with me. She just joined a little later than me. Fun fact: I joined the forums before the server.
    My first days on the server were very humble. I had no idea how to make money, I was making ~400 ecd a day. I had eventually made enough money to afford an apartment in @Xx5mike5xX’s MineYork. I still have this apartment to this day :). I began looking for a town with more benefits. I found @a_man21’s Mineburg, this was a big step in my early days. I had discovered coco farming and got better tools with that money. I then ranked up to resident.
    Being the lazy person I am, I sold my town for the mayor rank (I bought it back now. Thx @xsamurai1217.). Still spending most of my time in mineburg, this is when I met and sort of befriended @Frostystorm1. He sold tools and I thought he scammed me when I asked for a max axe and he gave me an eff5. I thought max axes were eff10. I then bought my first eff7 on a payment plan from @matrix_rep and broke in 10 minutes by accidentally dropping it in lava. Luckily, he gave me over 3 months more to repay it <3.
    Around this time of debt, I became good friends with @Black_Cod35. He taught me how to destroy the end’s supply of chorus and make 200k in a day. Repayed matrix and went on from there just making money.
    After this debt, I found a good friend in @theYuniverse after destroying his entire team in sg. I was invited, and I happily accepted. We eventually decided to join @purplelegoender‘s sg team, TheDivision.
    Yuni became inactive for a bit. In this time, I became friends with @Pawi and became capbo and never looked back. Now you have the capbo you know and love today. :)

If you read this far I love you

If I tagged you, you were important to something on my time in ECC.

Just a big summary. I left out a lot of stuff lol

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #4 Capbo_, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  5. green_tiger77

green_tiger77 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +66
    What about that time someone scammed you? (@Capbo_)

#5 green_tiger77, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  6. Ian__D

Ian__D æ
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,679
    OH BOY I don't remember when I joined, I believe i joined in the summer of 2013, but didn't make a forum account until September. I don't really remember much from that time, but I do remember befriending @TheN00BISHPanda and I got a plot in PandaHills, a town which I still visit on occasion :D.

Fast forward to about 2014(?), I was a president, and not doing much except talking to @Crossphyre on Skype and stuff. I was off and on from 2014-2015, and then I simply left. I didn't think the game was that fun anymore, most of my old friends had left, and I didn't feel like ECC was my home anymore.

FAST FORWARD all the way to July of 2017. I come back on out of pure boredom, and I slowly start getting the hang on things again. I needed a creative outlet over the summer because I really didn't have anything to do besides baseball, hang out with friends and sleep. I met some really awesome people, and I decided to give ECC another try. I actually really didn't decide to come back full time until about October. Then, I got moderator! And here we are today. ECC is once again my home :)

Edit: I WOULD TAG LOTS OF PEOPLE BUT IM LAZY SORRY

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #6 Ian__D, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  7. lexi731rocs

lexi731rocs Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +668
    Not sure if I'm allowed to post here as it's like a month only but I love the idea. Maybe I'll get around to writing my own story one day! On another note...
    except*

8. Ian__D

Ian__D æ

Ratings:
    +1,679
    oh

9. David_Torento

David_Torento ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +422
    Didn’t even tag me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Ian__D

Ian__D æ

Ratings:
    +1,679
    NOO read the edit lol

11. David_Torento

David_Torento ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +422
    I saw the edit already

12. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    >Joined 2011
    >Wanted an economy server
    >Became resident fairly quickly
    >Became a citizen of Las Vegas, had multiple homes
    >Went inactive for a while and lost both
    >Obtained a different house in Oldbridge as compensation I guess
    >Met a friend, pbrass, and we created a town together
    >I met some other friends and we built a really large farm together
    >Kept grinding, eventually got mayor
    >Grinded even more and got president
    >president town wasn't the correct size, made me angry
    >Tried building a farm in the mayor town
    >went inactive for a few months
    >came back, met a guy named mr_doom_bringer
    >dude literally made me 100k for no reason at all
    >got scammed by accusolhd
    >money making me finally started to exist, ironically
    >started participating in falconaire's giveaways, not only made good money but a friend for life
    >met a guy named arisenbatman
    >became really good friends and he gave me a ton of free shit including features and tools
    >kickstarted me to make millions
    >started to actually go somewhere because I had the capability to actually make money
    >had pretty much everything i'd ever need
    >really just screwing around since then, but god knows I could tell stories of the Teamspeakkroo, SafeSpace, and a ton of other members
    >so many good goddamn memories, which make me equally sad as they make me happy

also I created the suggestion that evolved to become what we know today as rising, one of the few notable things i've ever done on ecc.
    yep. boring story I know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #12 12345shane, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  13. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Omgg! i remember accusolhd and arisen! I still remember buying my first feature as i was replanting at DIP's tree farm xD. I also remember Arisen from the summer build comp. Such a kind soul. Miss em both xD

14. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I joined the forum and the sever on July 26, 2014. My son, @CammyLee, came to me and wanted to start playing Minecraft. He asked me to buy him an account. I had heard about Minecraft from my boyfriend, @Mission001, but never played myself as I thought it sounded completely stupid. Mission was sitting on my bed at the time and I asked him if he thought I should buy Cameron an account, being he was so young and asked if there was any kid friendly servers he knew about. This is when he told me to buy myself an account and check out EcoCityCraft. Mission had been apart of ECC for quite some time already (taking a year or so break along the way).

So Mission decided to get back into ECC and help me learn how to play the server and MC in general, since I’ve never played MC before. I was a graphics artist and remember being on the forum more than the server and how I made my money was I made and sold forum signatures. @MCHelix3000 and @SKSoccer were just a couple of the people I first met when I joined. Mission gave me a lil corner of his town (percote), to live in and I started my journey to mayor. I also did buy my son a MC account of his own and he joined the server too, but he did his own thing for a while.

I ranked up to mayor and met @freddyagogo, who bought me my first feature (water), in exchange for ecd. Then I met @TimmyChoi. Then @OlympiansAreGods. This wasn’t long after I joined, maybe a week or 2 as I made good money making signatures for people. @Ninjaboy3113, @314, and @Pilot3101 all became my friends, and then I got mod after a couple months.

I became a smod, but due to some health issues, I resigned. I kept playing tho, kept ranking up and meeting people. I made a lot of friends like @xValinityx, @EvasivePeach3, @Overprotected, @Rachel8484, @bombas123456, @loganeric, @Sneaky_Cat, @a18greek18, @pokemon9508, @xpurexcorex, @ctop_1013, @TaylorBros22, @maroiogog, @samiwarbler, @LimeCini, @GStoner3, @jmichael214, @icondigi, @eekelmo, @Dare2Dream, @Ellie27, @12345shane, @Krobkins, @AdmiralD, @Imabankthing.... and so many more I know I missed, but made my time here enjoyable. :) (sorry if I missed anyone... it’s not personal).

Anyways, I kept playing, ranking up, getting star tools and today, I’m EcoLegend, I was able to get my own set of star tools (eff7, msword, rod, eff10 axe, and shovel), a full set of star armor and pvp gear, and even opened my own star tool rental business with 2 sets of star tools to rent out. I still talk to a lot of the friends I’ve made over the years and I make new friends daily! It’s been a long (almost) 4 year journey and I hope many more years are to come. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #14 Ladyvamptress, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  15. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    So I started playing Minecraft when I was 11, when I got it for my birthday. My brother and I shared the account-he would go on mini game servers to play hunger games while I would go on single player and create worlds full of animals.
    It wasn’t until I was 12 that I went on another server. I eventually left it, and didn’t play Minecraft for a long time. Then I can across ECC.
    When I got on ECC, @Gummy_Cola was so nice. He added me to the town, Shoreline, and showed me the ropes. Slowly, by stalking the forums (I didn’t have anything better to do) I was slowly accepted by the community. I got to Mayor with the help of @G5_Gaming , aka the knight in shining armor, and got to president with the help of the amazing @PlatinumPurple
    But it was the social life that made ECC so amazing.
    @Ladyvamptress Thank you so much for talking to me and just being there for me. You are one of the most amazing people out there.
    @xValinityx GURL WASSUP
    @LaggyTryHard Thanks for keeping up with my drama. And being there.
    @Dragoax The only grudge I have against you is creating the discord it is TOO MUCH
    @AdmiralD Thank you for being the grandfather figure to the entire ECC
    @KingCharlie9 I just want to say thank you for being honest with me, and u da best friend ever
    @Lurxolt Youre a good chicken :)
    @oreo1227 WE
    and to everyone else I didn’t mention because I’m lazy, thank you!

16. G5_Gaming

G5_Gaming Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +203
    My story goes as follow:
    I got MC when i was 9 (or so don't know exactly), and my bro had to install it cuz i was crying becouse it wouldn't work ( Really funny actually).
    First year or so i only played singleplayer cuz i thought multiplayer was all about PVP.
    Then i might have joined 100 other servers untill i found ECC (i was 14 then). And i didn't regret any moment of it.
    So here are my thx + reasonings:
    Thanks @a_man21 for telling me how to get accepted to a town;
    Thanks @wolfwoodnyo for the tools when i needed them for excavating;
    Thanks to all who have donated for my projects (especially you @green_tiger77 for your donation for the G5 town warp;

Thanks to @lambielove for being one awesome, that understand when theres something wrong with you, friend;
    And thanks To all off the players of ECC for being one of the most friendly communities i have ever joined.

Also not to forget:
    A very, very, VERY, big thanks to @Lurxolt for letting me join your town, accepting me as co-mayor, and In total just being a nice and awesome friend. => to this day forward (10 months after i joined ECC) i'm still in contact with @Lurxolt and we're still working together like old times.

This is the end of my story.

17. green_tiger77

green_tiger77 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +66
    It started when @Capbo_ showed me ECC. We were looking for some economy servers and we found ECC. I joined and got an apartment at Mineburg (Thx @a_man21 ). A few months later I moved out and bought a place at Awesometopia. I stayed there for a while until I got mayor. I then moved to Lurxburg and made a group of friends. (@Lurxolt @G5_Gaming @lambielove @KingCharlie9 and @TheEpicLime ) I later became co mayor along with KingCharlie. Fast forward around six months later. I got my first feature and met @DrowningInPizza. Around the same time I opened my bakery chain. Every month or so, I made a new location. Fast forward to Christmas of 2017 and @Capbo_ and @DrowningInPizza gifted me multi-home. Now two months later here I am, with a great group of friends.

18. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +526
    Np :)

Lol @AdmiralD is my grandfather here on ECC without him I can't live

19. DrowningInPizza

DrowningInPizza Always Drowning In Something
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,226
    Oh gosh. I joined with a friend in early 2012. I was helped out majorly when I was first starting by @vdubmastertech and @mattsirbait. They gave me access to a pumpkin farm and from there I built myself a large home and made a farm of my own.
    Bought resident and eventually mayor from that. Created my first town called Underland where I built myself another pumpkin farm and a large semi auto wheat farm.
    I’m not much for grinding, so I didn’t make much. But I 11 ticketed an amount over 1 mil, during a time that /seen was broken and then people kinda knew who I was haha. Ranked up from mayor to tycoon, and I believe @xpurexcorex said I was the 13th tycoon or something?
    I ended up taking a break shortly after as the person I had joined with and I were no longer speaking.
    Fast forward maybe 2 years later, I returned. Tycoon had a purpose and star tools were popular. Town portals were removed. I quickly caught back up and applied for staff, my second application I was accepted and I was on the team for about 7-9 months I can’t remember. Made it up to super mod. Resigned due to personal reasons but I continued playing. I was a member of America for a long time and met a lot of awesome people there :) Helped construct Pallas. I eventually left America and joined @THCOOL and his builder project. I again met a lot of awesome people through that. I now own Solar Nation which was founded by @THCOOL and @Solstice18 and I have a wonderful team that helps me run my ever growing nation! Got mod again last fall, and am now a super mod again :)

20. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Flattered I’m #7/25 lol. Though order “may not matter” haha. I’ve enjoyed you and missions friendship over the years. Wouldn’t trade it for the world, always thought you were the cutest couple. An inspiration to me when it came to long distant relationships at times.