You're Not Alone!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PlatinumPurple, Jul 17, 2017.

1. PlatinumPurple

PlatinumPurple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,314
    As creepy/questionable as this thread title may be...

YOU'RE NOT ALONE!

I feel compelled to post these next few words. The community of ECC is one that I regard as caring, patient, and above all... kind. Behind each of these computers sits a person, who has their own stories and passions. Isn't that something cool?

Let me make one thing clear, I'm not trying to "preach at you" or "be better than you"...
    If anything, I am saying these things because I am JUST LIKE YOU!

I'm a person. I've gone through some pretty tough things.
    Some things that I could control, some things that I couldn't and still continue to not be able to control...

Throughout the early years of high school, I struggled immensely with the overwhelming need to fit in with certain types of people, and to look a certain way. This became such a burden to the point where I was saying things and doing things that I myself wouldn't normally do, all for the sake of fitting in. When I received a negative comment from someone I strived to fit in with, I would beat myself up over it.
    I felt the need to be liked by everyone, and if not everyone liked me, it would drive me crazy.

I also struggled with self-image. I woke up everyday unhappy with myself, and spent countless nights scrolling through Instagram, looking through those perfect girls' accounts.

... LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE LIKED BY EVERYONE/ A CERTAIN PERSON IN ORDER TO BE HAPPY! If you have to constantly push yourself to be accepted by a person or a group... it it NOT worth it. That person or people will not make you happy... ever. Think about it... is it worth potentially sacrificing values or your time? Nope. Never! Focus on your passions and do what you love! Life is short, so don't live for someone else!
    Value your time, don't waste it on bad people.

Secondly, be happy with the way you are :)
    It's easier said than done, I know. It took me years to get to this point, and I no longer try to achieve impossible and unrealistic goals set by famous celebrities/models... THOSE THINGS ARE FAAAKE! Social media sets unreachable goals for everyone nowadays... it's best to not attempt to reach them, they'll only make you feel like you need to do more.
    This being said...
    -I no longer workout as a punishment to myself, I do it because I enjoy it :)
    -I EAT THE DAMN DONUT! Seriously. It isn't gonna hurt.
    -Of course you can draw inspiration from models/celebrities! I'm not saying that you shouldn't. I'm saying that you shouldn't strive to be exactly like them... they're real people too, and they have flaws!

In a nutshell...

Whether you have depression, anxiety, self-image issues, family issues, are being bullied, or are a bully...

These things end.

Find and surround yourself with people who lift you up and inspire you to be and do your very best. People who have life experience and wisdom can help you. PLEASE talk about your problems instead of bottling them up! (I tend to do this)

At the end of the day, you have got your own back, as well as the people who love you and will love you no matter what. You're not alone.
    Love yourself and pay attention to what you need, be careful who you give your heart to and who you spend your time on.

For those hard days... weeks... months...
    it's easy to feel down and useless, unable to do anything...
    Pick yourself up and keep on going. Life throws unexpected curveballs, but you know what? We ALL receive pain in our lifetimes, if you talk to someone, they'll help!

Because these things too shall pass.

I know that I might sound cliché in these past few paragraphs, but hey. Whatever! I love this community and the people in it. You all make me smile everyday, and I look forward to logging in and catching up with all of you. I know that this is a side that rarely anyone has seen of me, because I'm usually a very silly person...

Anyways. I've been debating posting this or not.
    See it as an encouragement to you, if it only encourages one person, you better believe that this is worth it to me!

• Friendly x 9
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List