[Ban Appeal]

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by SalsaWizard, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SalsaWizard

SalsaWizard ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +98
    Minecraft Username: SalsaWizard

Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name?: Nope

Which of ECC's services are you banned on? [Main Server/Team-Speak/Shoutbox/Lobby Server]: Main Server

Reason of Ban: "Bypassing ban of Jobin_Whiffer1"….

Rule violated: I guess I bypassed his ban somehow??

Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means: I have no idea.. Im guessing it means I tried to get Jobin unbanned? But I didn't lol I haven't even talked about him at all. I'm very confused and quite frankly a bit agitated.. I haven't done anything wrong.

Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned: I literally have nothing to do with Jobin_Whiffer1, other than the fact that he is my best friend's older brother. I've seen him a few times in person, and we have all played some vanilla servers together, but my affiliation with him on ECC is little to nonexistent.. I am a little annoyed that I was accused of "bypassing his ban". I am working on a very big project on the server currently, and it was already on a time crunch BEFORE being wrongly banned. I would be very compliant if staff has any other questions they need to ask me, if it means I will be unbanned faster. Thank you for reading

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
  3. SalsaWizard

SalsaWizard ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +98
    @Nicit6 @TaylorBros22 Listen I don't really know what I have to do to prove I'm not affiliated with Jobin whatsoever, but if you could get back to me soon, it would be much obliged. I don't mean to offend, but I am a bit disappointed that I was banned for such a pseudo reason and without ANY sort of evidence. If I could get at least a little feedback, that would be great. I know Im not supposed to ask staff to do my app, (and I know how busy you all are keeping the server going), but it really sucks being banned for something I have nothing to do with. -_- Thanks
    -Salsa

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. ScarabCoder

ScarabCoder Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +235
    The reason you were banned is because you play (or played) using the same internet router (or at least IP address) as Jobin.
    I may be wrong, but usually you have to get Jobin to appeal before your can be unbanned. But again, I may be wrong, and this is a different case.
    (Not a moderator, just trying to inform Salsa of what happened. Sorry if this is irrelevant)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  5. SalsaWizard

SalsaWizard ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +98
    @ScarabCoder @Nicit6 Thank you Scarab! I actually found this quite useful, and I appreciate the time you took to read and respond to my appeal. I don't really have much contact with Jobin anymore, as I believe he went to Tennessee for college. But I can try to reach him to get him to make an appeal (willing he has time/care). Anyway, thanks again - I hope to be back on the server soon!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    No, I've played ecc from the same ip as a friend who does and have experienced no trouble. Nicit must of thought you gained financially (or whoever banned you) from playing on the same ip or something...

7. ScarabCoder

ScarabCoder Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +235
    Did you read who I was referring to? Jobin is banned. And he is using the same IP address as Jobin. Alt's fine, but using an Alt of an account that is banned is not fine.

8. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    They are not alts? Salsa has logged on from more then 1 ip. It shouldn't have been a problem

9. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Just checked this.
    Perfect IP match, and has not been refreshed since aug 2015 when jobin was first seen on it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. SalsaWizard

SalsaWizard ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +98
    @JamieSinn Meaning what? As I said before, Jobin is my best friends older brother, so we all would often play together IRL (aka same house/same IP). Matter of fact, his family donated his computer to my family (as I mentioned, he is currently in Tennessee for college), and that computer is the same computer I use now. I don't really understand how IP's work, but if Jobin used this computer to play minecraft, is there a possibility that using this computer shows that we use the same IP? And if so, if I just switch to a new computer will it not show that we are on the same IP? I don't mean to sound condescending in any sense, I'm just kinda confused on the subject of the matter; not a real tech savvy guy. If you could get back to me, that would be great. Thanks

11. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I'll let nicit handle this appeal whenever he gets around to it, but playing at the same house will show the same external IP. Using the same computer on a different network will not.

12. SalsaWizard

SalsaWizard ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +98
    @JamieSinn I still don't really know what that means, but thank you for your time trying to get this sorted out. I will wait for @Nicit6 to handle this app. I don't really know what else to do to prove I'm not Jobin.. I guess I could send pictures of he and I in real life, or perhaps record a stream of him acknowledging this dispute and setting it straight. Idk I'm sure the staff team will think of something! Again, thank you for your time in this matter Jamie, I am eager to be seeing you on the server again :)

13. oreo1227

oreo1227 ℓαριѕ ℓαzυℓι
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,193
    Constantly tagging nicit doesn't help your case. He will handle it when he has time. Please don't continue to tag him.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. SalsaWizard

SalsaWizard ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +98
  15. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    You started playing after Jobin was banned and logged in from an IP he very frequently used numerous times.

You can appeal once Jobin has been unbanned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.