[Ban Appeal]

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by killrdarknes, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killrdarknes

killrdarknes The Final Act
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,171
    Minecraft Username: Killrdarknes.

Reason: Scamming via donation features.

Counter-Reason: First, let us begin with an excerpt from the topic, "To all that have been ROBBED by my foolishness."

I was playing ECC late one night, when I went to the movies. I had left my computer on because I was hoping my farm would grow while I was gone. My brother must really hate me, because he was playing as me the whole time, using his account, syrekx, to send money to that account for when I got banned.

(This part is his words.) "I hated how successful you were on the server, so I decided to get you banned. I scammed, like, 4 people, and then played the lottery until I was poor. I PvP'd and then lost everything, and I quit."

See, I am a good person, most of the time. I would never harm the community like so. Why? Because this server, for the last 5 months, has brought something that I have found hard to find- a friendly Minecraft community. I was making friends, having fun. For anyone to believe I would backstab all my friends, including WhiteStar, is understandable from a moderator's point of view. However, in all reality, I would NEVER do anything like this myself. Heck, one person said,

"The people Killr's brother scammed should band together and try to get him unbanned. Killr could then work toward paying the money back via EcoDollars.

This would be, at least in my eyes, the moral thing to do."
    @Mendiboi ,this is what I plan to do. I plan to try and be unbanned to pay off my dues. I have allowances rolling in, and about $30 in savings I can use to pay off some of the people that were scammed.

As I said, I am a good, honest person, and I would never wish this upon the greatest of my enemies.

Evidence:N/a.

Additional Info: Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I will accept any and all decisions made by the moderators. Oh, and here are my supporters:
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29892&start=20
    The last few posts. Thank you, once again. Hopefully, see you soon.

-killrdarknes.

2. kyra981000

kyra981000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    i hope you get unbanned you are a very good player i see you on so often i feel bad that your brother hacked you i hope you get unbanned

3. WhiteStarX0312

Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +75
    Agreed, killr just wants to be unbanned so he can pay us all back, i don't see any harm in that, goodluck killr ;)

4. Jetscat

Jetscat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +995
    Waiting for debt to be payed
    Once you've payed off your initial supposed to be payed debts; then you will you unbanned; please if you can respond to this thread once you've payed off your Debt; I will then get confirmation, and then I will consider your Ban Appeal.

User Note:
    Make sure to use @jetscat once you've posted and request to be unbanned.

Moderator Note:
    Please don't Lock / Act upon this Ban Appeal unless you have my / Andrew's / Game Admins permission otherwise.

5. curtis1998

curtis1998 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    im not sure if i am aloud to comment on this but its worth the risk ... i don't know killr but he obviously is sorry and obviously spent lots of time filling in this ban appeal in and i sincerely hope you mods/admins will have mercy .. everyone deserves a second chance
    good luck killr

6. Jetscat

Jetscat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +995
    I agree, but he still must pay back his debts to those he treated unfairly.

7. childersc

childersc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +86
    I am curious how he is going to do this while being banned?

8. RagMan17

RagMan17 LampHead
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +100
    He scammed for donations. If he donates, he'll be unbanned.

At least that is my understanding of this atm.

9. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    not sure if i can post here but why cant he earn money then pay the donations off with in game money?

10. z1967

z1967 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    the new punishment for major donation scams seems to be you have to donate for them since the money is confiscated. correct me if I am wrong please

11. RagMan17

RagMan17 LampHead
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +100
    It's a major rule violation and he scammed more than a few people for a total of a few hundred thousand ECO$.

If we let him back on, we have to have Andrew watch his trades, we have to have mods watch him in game, we have to have mods monitor everyone to make sure everyone is repaid. If we let him on, he gets to play, have fun, while those he scammed wait around for their donation/money. Money that he might send off to his brother, or a 2nd account, or throw away in the lotto. If I was one of the people he scammed and I saw him running around in game having a blast while I was still out my donation and my money, I would be pissed.

Mod's just don't have time for all this.. AND our normal duties for just one person. Especially someone who willingly broke such a major game rule.

The fact that we are even willing to entertain the idea of unbanning him is more consideration than he would have gotten in the past.

This is all my take on this again.

RagMan

12. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    Lets attempt to collect a consensus from the people he scammed. If they are mostly in favor of unbanning him and letting him work toward returning the money via EcoDollars, then I don't see the harm in unbanning him.

People seem to like killr, he appears to be a friendly dedicated member of our community. I would like to argue the postion that maybe the loss of killrdarkness is greater than the loss of the money he scammed. If we unban him and he cooperates, then we will have gained wealth. However, if we continue to ban him, then we will gain nothing.

Something will always be greater than nothing.

13. killrdarknes

killrdarknes The Final Act
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,171
    As I sit here, as my brother is grounded, as I am just sincerely hoping for Christmas to bring in Hundreds of USD to pay off my debt, I think. I think about how much that people really did care that I was a player, how liked I was. What Mendiboi said hit home, as I am sitting here in tears. Tears of joy, that I know that there's someone out there. Everyone in my life.. all bullies. Except for the community of EcoCityCraft.

I sincerely apologize for the mistake I made. I WILL pay off the debt. I WILL make the wait worth it. I promise.

Being banned is the least of my worries. Getting the money is. So, I vote every day, all 5. I am aiming to win the 60 USD 3 times in a row, October, November, and December. That will pay off almost all my debt.

My fellow ECCian's. I will return, as a new, bloomed flower. I will be a new me. I will, no matter what, will be back. I promise.

-sincerely, killrdarknes.

14. WhiteStarX0312

Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +75
    lol okay killr :p Goodluck and good plan ;)

15. RockDassie

RockDassie Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +41
    This is not an open discussion. Donation scamming is a serious offense. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding killrdarknes' actions, he is responsible for his own account and the penalty for donation scamming remains unchanged.

Until he makes the donations promised, he will remain banned. In the real world being a nice guy and apologizing simply isn't enough for serious crimes, nor is it enough on ECC for what is most probably the worst rule violation we have--hundreds of thousands of dollars was scammed from our users, and until that is made right there is no point to discussing this.

Once again, this is not an open discussion: killrdarknes will not be unbanned until he makes the donations promised.

16. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    I concede; however if we compare to real world exchange the majority of our transactions happen such that there cannot be centralized enforcement and yet me manage to cooperate. You do not need penalty, at least not centralized penalty, for transactions to be cooperative. Think about restaurant service, it is within the realm of legality for a restaurant to serve nasty food, given it is at least safe, and advertise to the contrary. Would this not be an example of a real life unenforceable scam, and if so why does it rarely happen?

The most efficient way to prevent uncooperative behavior is to make it unenforceable. This can be known apriori if you simply open your mind to out of the box thinking.

17. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    I should really try to appeal this rule... it is very counter-productive.

18. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    Actually the restaurant example is not very strong due to the socially distant exchange model, but lets put that beside for now.

19. Onyx909

Onyx909 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    If his brother has done it once, he could do it again. Removing his standing ban would not only expose him to the rest of the community and put its player's at risk, it also would open the door for him or his brother(so he says) to wreak further havoc on the server.

The only thing you should open is the door, and show killr out.

20. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    The thing is though... that will never happen nor could it ever happen. You position may seem logical at first but if you actually analyze how society works you are drawn to a contrary conclusion. People who break rules are ostracized and mostly never awarded formal penalty. Ostracism breaks down with larger communities, but ECC is not nearly large enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.