[Suggestions] What the players want

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by a18greek18, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Thread Title: Changing certain things on ECC

Minecraft Name: a18greek18

Suggestion: Here's a list of what I, as well as many other players think should be changed:

PvP in Mining World - I would say that this needs to be added for many reasons, such as exp market, making the server a "hardcore economy" once again, etc. However, in chat earlier today jakey said they are releasing something new that will address this issue so we'll have to wait and see about this one.

Increase the cost of villager eggs from $1750 to $5000 - Normally players are responsible for a market crash, but in this rare case villagers are to blame. Ever since villagers were released there has been an unlimited emerald trade villager. On ECC this trade was only discovered recently, but now that pretty much the whole server knows about the trade this feature is getting abused by many of the richer players. All you have to do is farm sugarcane for a bit and trade the paper and books you craft for emeralds and now you have an unlimited emerald supply. With some of the villager trade you can even trade these emeralds, along with a book, in for lvl30 enchanted books. So far I have seen an unlimited Infinity enchant trade and an unlimited Silk touch trade. At first I thought that this villager abuse would only affect the emerald market, but I was wrong. This has affected the economy as a whole. Now, there are a lot of infinity books and silk touch in the market and because there are a lot the demand has gone down and this has lowered enchant prices. EXP is one of the things that helps create the prices for the server, and due to these villager trades, as well as a few other factors, exp has become almost worthless and has impacted the economy as a whole. By increasing the villager price more money will be required to spawn the "god" villager that has the unlimited emerald trade. I know this wouldn't solve the problem, but it would make this money making tactic much more of an investment than it is worth, which would most likely stop players from buying a lot of villagers until they get the unlimited emerald trade.

Remove/Modify the kits bfr and spy in Survival games - For starters these 2 kits are very overpowered and they can easily get a player who has them sg wins. To elaborate on what i just said, let's take a situation into account... a person has bfr and spy with a wooden sword and no armor on, while another player has full iron armor and a stone sword. Without kits involved 9 times out of 10 the player with the iron gear should win, but with these kits added to the opposing player, the invis person usually wins 9 times out of 10. The strength and regen potions within the buffer kit makes it nearly impossible to compete with anyone who has this kit, and some people have bfr++ which means they can use this op feature an infinite number of times. I, personally consider this as abuse of a feature, even though it is not against the rules, I think this shouldn't be allowed. Any player with bfr can make easy money from survival games and all they need to do is hit the other player 1-4 times with any given sword and they win the fight... in the past I have had full iron armor and miq and still lost to a player with full leather armor, miq and bfr. This kit definitely needs to be removed, or significantly nerfed and I know I'm not the only one that thinks this. So now that I've ranted about the buffer kit, it's time to rant about the spy kit... In my opinion this kit isn't as bad as bfr because you at least have a chance when you fight against someone that's invis, but this kit is still very frustrating and needs to be removed or the invis effects need to be shortened in time. Imagine your a new player on the server and the first thing you do is go into survival games to test out what the server has to offer and you're running around looking for chests to loot and BOOM; you get hit out of nowhere, but you don't see anyone around you and then after getting hit a few more times you see a floating sword and then you're dead. I can't even comprehend how aggravating this must be for a new player to the server as its very annoying for someone who's played before and knows what happened. The moral of this message is that these 2 kits need to be removed, period. They decrease the amount of newcomers that want to play on ECC, which will lower our player count and make the server less and less popular over time.

Decrease amount of Survival Games arenas from 8 -> 4 - The reason for this change is simple. The server doesn't have a big enough player base to have the current amount of arenas. As of right now, there are usually 2-3 person games in the not popular arenas WHEN they are being used, which is basically never. So my suggestion is to remove 4 arenas that aren't played. When new players come on one of the first things they will see is an empty sg board. If you decrease the amount of arenas the amount of people in each arena must increase. By making the games have more people, it would make survival games better for the players as most of them don't like small games and would prefer larger ones. Furthermore, Sg1, Sg6, Sg7 and Sg8 seem to be the least popular arenas amongst all the arenas, so these should be the ones removed.

Add more voting websites - First of all, as you will read below, this suggestion ties in with the suggestion below about increasing star tool costs, so consider these 2 suggestions as a united one. I suggest adding 1-3 websites to our current voting system. This will increase the amount of votes the server receives and will be good advertising. (Read more detail about this below)

Increase Star tool costs
    - Star tools have been around for a while on ECC and until recently I have not had much experience with them. When I got my hands on an Eff 7 pickaxe and a Lure 8 Fishing Rod I realized exactly how much more money you can make with these tools. over the course of an hour you can make up to 3 times the amount of money any other player can make when you have these tools in your possession. The benefits that come with these "rare" tools is unreal. I have only had 2 star tools in my hands so I have no opinion for the rest, but I do have valid knowledge about the star pick and star rod. I think each of these should cost 2000 nstars. Before you jump to conclusion and yell at me consider this in addition to the suggestion I posted above. If we had 4-6 voting sites the cost of nstars would decrease, and by increasing the price of the star tools more votes would be needed to get the tool, but it would cost about the same amount of ecodollars as before this change. In reality you aren't changing anything if people who want these tools still vote on all sites. The only thing that would change is the amount of votes the server receives. Due to this increase in voting websites there would be more players wanting to join ECC. To summarize, you change nothing economy related to gain votes and player count.

Reason: My reasoning is listed next to each suggestion I made above

Other Information: I have recently quit the server and these are things I have noticed that people want changed, so I'm making this suggestion to hopefully open your eyes that ECC is no longer the #1 economy server it once was (no rudeness intended) and I'm trying to help you get that number 1 spot back

Link to this plugin: We have all the necessary plugins

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. TheN00BISHPanda

TheN00BISHPanda Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +622
    Yes to all besides pvp in mining world!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. CaptainWow12

CaptainWow12 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +105
    Yus to all of these! +1

4. Greylith

Greylith Builder

Ratings:
    +43
    Yes to all besides pvp in mining world!

5. TURBOxN3RD

TURBOxN3RD I wanna get rich!!
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +20
    I was all against the pvp in mining world at first when I read this. Then I thought to myself "how many players have i ever seen?" It's just like in the nether, you hardly ever see any other players. Even though I wouldn't partake in trying to find someone to kill, it would add an extra precaution in the mining world. +1

6. siraj93

siraj93 ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +35
    +1 to all except pvp in mining, players would go mining in rising and legacy then

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    I agree all of these are valid suggestions but can take weeks/months to fully discuss and integrate them into ECC.

Changing PvP kits is one which is a tough one to change because people have paid for a product and then when someone tells you the kit has been modified to be less powerful or its disabled, people will get funny, i know i would if i paid for something because it was the best to find out down the line its been nerfed. We also cant rally give refunds because thats a massive amount of money going back into the economy.
    There are ways around it but it takes time to test things and get everyones opinion.

I know you are trying to be productive but you jump to a lot of conclusions and assumptions with what people want. As this thread already shows a big divide between PvP in Mining World. It will make you happy because its your opinion but may upset more then it satisfies. Thats whys it takes so long to implement things.

Phys has only been Server Owner for less then a month and we have already seen the likes of non-hostile mobs in all worlds, (if that isnt a big change then i dont know what is). Sure there are tweaks and problems but hopefully they will be ironed out and then something else will be addressed. People need to give more time then just a month or a few weeks for the amount of changes your looking at :p

Long story short: Give us time, we are listening and discussing things....
    +1

8. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    +1 except pvp in mining we just need a separate pvp world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    PvP in mining world: Ehh, I personally don't think I'd go mining with an eff7 pickaxe in this world, as well as many others. I'm afraid that this would end up in major main world greif.

Increase villager egg cost: Yes +1 for the same reasons you've stated.

Buffer/Spy changes: Personally, I want this. The problem is the owners of the kits that would be angry if it was taken away. I'd like to see them removed and the owners get gift codes for the donation shop. This way, players don't lose trust in donating to the server, and Sg is "Survival Games" for once.

Decrease amount of arenas: This is the right idea but I have an idea that I would like better. For those of us that play SG a lot, 4 maps can get boring quick. I'd like to see a system where there is one sign you can click on and it takes you to an Sg lobby. You can do the normal /sg vote command and once there is enough votes, you are tp'd to the arena. The arena could be voted for through a command in the lobby. If we did this, instead of having 6 people in each map, we could have the full 24 in one map.

Add more voting sites: I'd say no. The reason that Andrew took out the last 3 voting sites because he realized that the other three weren't bringing in new players meaning it was a waste of netherstars added to the economy. I may have got this information incorrect, but I believe this is what I remember happening many months ago.

Star tools cost more: Since this one ties in with the last one, it really depends on the last one. Also, you say you can make 3 times as much with an eff7 and star rod than a player without star tools. I don't see this as true unless you are able to make 45k per hour with both tools. If you do make this much with them, it looks like I've been missing out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. TheN00BISHPanda

TheN00BISHPanda Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +622
    I own both bfr and spy. I don't really care if they get modified. BUT if they get taken away. I would only not want spy taken away because I spent my money on that while bfr...someone accidently bought me bfr bfrp and bfrpp lol

11. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    Ya, all these are good ideas, but they will never happen.

12. donkey5k

donkey5k •| The Legendary Donkey |•

Ratings:
    +492
    +1 I agreeeee

13. Naereniv11

Naereniv11 Builder

Ratings:
    +134
    +11 I feel like we need this.

14. Jacob43365

Jacob43365 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $4,950,049
    Ratings:
    +495
    +1 for the removing OP kits and getting rid of the less popular arenas

15. Avowin

Avowin ανσςα∂σ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +607
    +1 to all. I remember hating PvP in mining as a resident 2 years ago, but it always gave me a thrill. If there is no PvP in mining world, its not really hardcore. Also, people go to mining to get exp from their ores. This sets a risk factor at getting exp also, jumping those prices. I would suggest 2 worlds, 1 pvp and 1 not, but the main world pretty much is a non pvp mining world.

16. Photonoid

Photonoid Builder

Ratings:
    +343
    +1

17. Phantomine

Phantomine Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +954
    I can't +1 this enough. Especially PvP mining, it will increase loss of gear etc.. which will help economy

#17 Phantomine, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  18. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Looks like the sg arena decrease suggestion is going to be implemented, so that's good news for all of us :)

19. lexi731rocs

lexi731rocs Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +668
    I only agree with adding maybe one or two more voting sites, not anything else. All of these will practically changes the server completely. I do not think they are needed.

20. KvBronze

KvBronze Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +116
    +8 Mining world pvp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.