[User Complaint] Timmychoi

Discussion in 'Complaints Archive' started by talpot, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talpot

talpot Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    Felon Username:
    Timmychoi
    Complaint:
    TimmyChoi is always swearing at me and I have ignored it for a while.. after a bit I got annoyed and took a screenshot and this happens a lot
    Evidence:
    Additional Information:
    this happens a lot and I need a warn so he wont do it again to me... he wont stop and he is my town co-mayor, so I don't really want to /ignore him, but just get a stop

2. talpot

talpot Builder

Ratings:
    +5
    wait, its not working when I press the link.. ill try to figure this out...

3. talpot

talpot Builder

Ratings:
    +5
    don't worry xD

4. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209
    Hello @talpot , thank you for reporting.

@TimmyChoi , I went ahead and dug up some information before I handle this, so that I can be fair. Timmy, this isn't your first time for this offence. Swearing can emotionally break apart someone and it makes them feel unwelcome to the ECC community. I really do hope that you will not do this again, while I may understand the frustration since @talpot did pm you 'Karma' , you need to be able to control yourself. If anything, /ignore - ing the user can help if you feel annoyed. Please do not let this happen again on ECC.

This is the rule that Timmy broke, I recommend that you review it @TimmyChoi
    Clause 2 - Vulgarity
    • Inappropriate and vulgar language is not allowed. This includes anything put on signs, said in chat, written in books, renamed to on items (see Section 3 Clause 2.1), spelt out in blocks, or any other way of communicating.
      • Occasional mild to moderate vulgarities that are not directed at anyone (such as "slip-ups" or saying them in the incorrect chat by accident), self-censorship of a swear word or abbreviations that may imply a swear word (ie. WTF?) are allowed unless it is directed at another user.
    • Repeated or excessive swearing, and especially vulgar language directed at anyone, is not tolerated under any circumstance.
    • Racist language or prejudicial language of any sort falls under the vulgarity rule, and is considered a very serious offence, punishment of which may not warrant a warning before being given.
    @talpot , if anything like this ever occurs again, please do not hesitate to file a complaint. May I remind you that the /ignore command is available to use if you are annoyed from the user's messages, as you stated that this wasn't the first time.

Locked, warning issued.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.