ლ(╹◡╹ლ) ECC BLOG CALL FOR STAFF (ლ╹◡╹)ლ

Discussion in 'Classifieds & Ads' started by anvildash, Oct 25, 2013.

1. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    WELCOME
    Hello ladies and gentlemen, as I assume you all know by having read the title of thus thread, the ECC blog is now looking for new staff members! I've been thinking about ways to help improve the blog production rate and this idea was reoccurring in my mind. I believe that with the impute of new staff members we will have a great effect on subject matter and quality of blog posts. staff positions on the ECC staff team. I’m not yet sure of the potential benefits that this job will entail, but at this point it is simply an interesting opportunity for select ECC members to get what they find interesting out into the open! Anyway, without further ado, here are the positions that I'm looking to fill and an application form for each position. You can either reply to this thread with your completed application or you can PM it to me over the forums :D either way I will really appreciate as much participation as possible. If you know of someone who you think would fill a position well, feel free to refer them to this thread :)

STAFF POSITIONS:

Reporter requirements:
    -Good writing abilities
    -Knowledgeable about server goings on
    -Dedicated worker
    2-3 reporters needed

Photographer:
    -Good eye for the perfect shot
    -Creative with angles, lighting, etc... (not mandatory but really awesome)
    -Has the fly or fly+ donation feature (not mandatory but makes job easier)
    1-2 photographers needed

Graphics artist:
    -Creative
    -Good with creating banners/logos
    1 graphics artist needed

STAFF APPLICATIONS:

Reporter:
    Photographer:
    Graphics artist

#1 anvildash, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. jassimq

jassimq Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +307
    What is you IGN (in game name)?: jassimq
    Why do you think you would be good for this position?: i think i can be good for being a reporter cause i think i can cover all the latest news in ecc
    Please provide an example of your writing abilities:Hello ecc today we got some news that spawn has a diffirent look please say hi to our guest jassimq so jassimq what did u see on the day when andrew changed spawn? "He made giant piece of land in spawn and i got the screenshot and he made a whole but i couldn't take screenshots" what do u think of spawn mr jassimq? "spawn is not good we miss the structures" so this was our interview with jassimq hope u have a good day and be kind to one another this was jassimq from ecc blog <--- this was just an example of what u will expect from me in the future as a reporter

3. jassimq

jassimq Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +307
    What is you IGN (in game name)?: jassimq
    Why do you think you would be good for this position?: i think i can be good for being a reporter cause i think i can cover all the latest news in ecc
    Please provide an example of your writing abilities:Hello ecc today we got some news that spawn has a diffirent look please say hi to our guest jassimq so jassimq what did u see on the day when andrew changed spawn? "He made giant piece of land in spawn and i got the screenshot and he made a whole but i couldn't take screenshots" what do u think of spawn mr jassimq? "spawn is not good we miss the structures" so this was our interview with jassimq hope u have a good day and be kind to one another this was jassimq from ecc blog <--- this was just an example of what u will expect from me in the future as a reporter

4. jassimq

jassimq Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +307
    sorry for double post

5. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    Reporter app:
    What is you IGN (in game name)?: My username is nate80000
    Why do you think you would be good for this position?: I am good at writing reports and am already a reporter for evevet's ECC blog. I am very knowledgeable about what's new in ECC because I play way too much xD and I am always looking for what's new in the server as I like to know things. Of course I am a very dedicated worker, and I am the only reporter in evevet's ECC blog that has been there since the start and I still am a reporter for them.
    Please provide an example of your writing abilities: Here is the first report I did for the other ECC blog: A week ago on Friday SG prizes and rewards were raised by a lot for the weekend. Some prizes were up to 4 times bigger, and this was a test trial to see if it would work out or not. They are currently lowered a bit but are still a lot higher than they used to be, which has caused a huge uproar in the server. I think that this is a great thing as now you can actually make some decent money with SG, which is an interesting and engaging way to earn some more savings. The server has gone a long way since the days when it was just 200 people charging through crops and occasionally typing out /sell hand, and I think this is the next huge step in introducing better ways to make money. This is why I think earning decent money with SG is a good idea. Well that’s my opinion, time for the pros and cons!
    PROS for earning decent money with SG:
    ·SG is an easy way for new people to make money. When a builder joins a server he doesn’t have a plot or a farm and no tools so it’s very hard to make money. With SG though a builder can win about 10 times and already get resident!
    ·Each SG match is different. This means it will never get boring as there are always different people, different items and different maps to play on/with! It’s a fun way to make money.
    ·It will encourage more people to buy SG kits which means more donations get bought which leads to more money for the server! This will then affect the quality of the server and make it better in general

CONS for earning decent money with SG:
    ·It could damage the economy. Introducing about 2K per SG match could bring a lot of money into the server as a lot of people play SG now.
    ·It could make it too easy for new players. This is supposed to be a hardcore economy, but new players could get resident, maxed out tools and a big plot in a few days if they win enough.
    ·There could be a fight about SG kits. A lot of people without SG kits think they are already OP (overpowered) and the fact that SG is about to become more popular and another way of making money might just fuel this ongoing argument.

Well that’s the summary of SG making decent money now, comment what you think! Do you think this is a good idea? Do you think it will fail or succeed? Share your opinion on this.

Also just something I would like to add: Even though I am already a reporter for another blog I won't let that affect my position as a reporter for this blog. It will not get in the way of me submitting reports in time or anything like that. Anyway I love to write and the more reports I get to write the better! :D And good luck to all the other applicants who applied for something!

#5 Natelev, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  6. 7airlinepilot

7airlinepilot Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +35
    What is you IGN (in game name)?: 7airlinepilot
    Why do you think you would be good for this position?: I enjoy taking pictures in minecraft and am willing to do what is needed and I take a ton and practice
    Do you have the fly or fly+ donation feature?: yes

7. annyonion

annyonion ⊰ p o t a t o n i o n ⊱
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +630
    Moved from General Discussions to ---> FOR SALE / WANTED / JOB OFFERS

Also, word of advice, do not say "I don't have a blog, I don't have a blog!" while holding and recording with your ipod/phone/camera, because it will turn into soup. True story~ ._.

8. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    Reporter application.

What is you IGN (in game name)?: Jason1964
    Why do you think you would be good for this position?: Because I've been looking for something will spice up my time here on ECC, and this seems like a good way to do so. Also, I'm very good at writing :p
    Please provide an example of your writing abilities:

In other news the next version of Minecraft has come out yesterday! The 1.7.2 update adds a ton of stuff to Minecraft and is one of the biggest updates since the addition of the Nether! The 1.7.2 update adds a large list of items, ranging from several new biome's to minor changes, such as the reed (or sugarcane) texture change. Probably the most notable change besides all the new biomes are the nearly dozen new types of flowers. Plenty enough to spruce up any landscape or any garden.

Also notable is the change to fishing. Three new types of fish have been added, including the pufferfish, which will pretty much kill you from poison when you try to eat it. You can also catch treasure when fishing now. Fishing rods are also enchantable now. Luring I-III to catch fish faster and Luck of the Sea I-III to catch better treasures!

To view a full list of all the additions, you can check out the list here: http://tinyurl.com/nrwy98w

You may also want to be careful when updating, since most servers won't be able to update straight away. To downgrade, just go into "Edit Profile" and change your update to 1.6.4 to be able to log into your favorite server.

And once again, thank you for reading this edition of the ECC blog!

#8 Intellectualist, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  9. MBK2345

MBK2345 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +190
    What is you IGN (in game name)?: MBK2345
    Why do you think you would be good for this position?: I take a ton of screenshots, I take a screenshot of anything that is cool and someone else might like. I have over 300 screenshots on my computer currently and they are all of wierd/cool things that I have encountered
    Do you have the fly or fly+ donation feature?: No

10. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    lol, thanks for the move and the advice ;)

11. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
  12. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    BUMP! Staff will be chosen in the next 2 days and will be announced in the blog edition released that day. You still have time to get your apps in so get to it!

#12 anvildash, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013