\*•*/ SIXTH EDITION OF THE ECC BLOG \*•*/

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anvildash, Sep 2, 2013.

?

Should I sell subscriptions to the blog?

1. Yes

48.7%
  2. No

51.3%
  1. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    WELCOME
    Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the sixth edition of the ECC blog! *bows the applause* I have a few things I would like to address before I start. Firstly I’m happy to announce that the poll for what my writing schedule will look like had lots of participants. Therefore, probably in the next edition of the ECC blog I will have a set schedule that I will begin to work off of. Thanks to everyone who offered impute into how they would prefer be upload times. As I’m not really a fan of writing at set times, I will try to stick to the determined dates but if there is an unavoidable situation in which the set times must be disregarded, I will be posting an announcement thread so don’t worry :D . Now a great idea has been suggested by a reader (Jason1964) that I should implement subscriptions. In this situation a reader would pay a particular amount and then for every new edition I would tag all subs so they would never miss an edition. I really think this could be a really interesting idea and therefore I in the poll for today. Well like always, I won’t tally any longer so without further ado…. Here is the sixth edition of the ECC blog!
    -Anvildash

ANNOUNCEMENTS/OTHER INFORMATION

MOJANG ACCOUNT EXPLOIT
    As I assume many of you know, Mojang has been experiencing an exploit were people can access andy server with any user’s account whatsoever. If you were online last night (last night my time) you would have seen when the server was shut down for security reasons in relation to this exploit. Even to add even more layers of safety, high ranking accounts were banned to keep people from really doing major damage to the server. There was a thread on the forums that went into further detail about this issue, however it has been removed for reasons of server security. Here there is a thread that was posted by Andrew stating that all the issues have been resolved with the help of the wonderful minecraft community and the fantastic devs over at Mojang. I really am confused about how a major exploit like this was even able to get out without being noticed at first. But no matter, it is fixed and all our servers/accounts are safe!

MINING V.S FARMING
    Yes once again the age old question will rise to the surface again to do battle. Considering this is and economic server this debate I would say is huge because it really considers the two most efficient ways of money making on this server. Firstly, farming is a huge business on this server because (I assume) it’s fairly easy to make money at and the items that your farm always regenerate (at least when you’re farming melons/pumpkins). But there are some major issues with farming, primarily the fact that farmable items have been taking major price drops to (once again I assume) encourage players to find new and creative was to make their large quantities of money. One thing that I think really makes farming a good way to make money is that you are never in danger of dying unlike mining were the landscape is torn to shreds with holes everywhere that go from ground level to bedrock. This I believe is that main reason why people don’t mine as much.
    Now there are also some very strong points on the mining side of things. One of the main things that make mining a better way to make money is that prices for ores and whatnot are rarely nerfed so you tend to have a very predictable and constant income in that regards. However, mining also does not regenerate like farming does (except for where mining world resets) so you eventually kind of run out of items to mine. Personally what I find makes mining superior is that it tends to have variety. What I mean by that is that you can find different ores, abandoned mineshafts, cave systems, mob spawners, and very rarely strongholds and that really keeps it fresh and interesting. With mining there is always a chance that you might find something really cool like a massive cave or a stronghold that will usually yield a fairly adequate profit.
    As you can probably tell for my writing (or maybe not) I am partial to mining mainly because I find farming to be ridiculously mind numbing. Ideally I would like to see the apparition of different money making strategies like companies or businesses. I do know that there are plenty of different companies and what not, but I have yet to see these businesses become much bigger than mining or farming. With different ways to play I think things could get really interesting. It would bring new financial competition that would just add some nice spice to the server.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK

Last week’s question of the week was:
    We got some interesting responses from you all, but here are some that I found were the most interesting/amusing.

eekelmo responded with:
    Emau responded with:
    tomicalover responded with:
    This edition's question of the week is: What would you say that you’re the most well known for on the server? Post interesting and creative responses in the comments below!
    Thanks to everyone who participated this week and I look forward to posting the next edition of the ECC blog! *NOTE* Sorry that I didn’t feature a bonus town/build in this edition but there were some complications then it came to getting screenshots and whatnot. I will try to figure out something to repay you all but for the time being I can’t.
    Thanks again for reading,
    -Anvildash

Please use this format when suggesting builds/towns to be featured:

2. StoneIronZ

StoneIronZ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +235
  3. MBK2345

MBK2345 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +190
    What would you say that you’re the most well known for on the server?
    Not anything useful. I just say hi to Offus a lot!

4. FadelessZebra

FadelessZebra Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    Where is the town/build showcase?

5. StoneIronZ

StoneIronZ Builder

Ratings:
    +235
    I actually dont know what im most well known for! good or bad, i dont care! reply to this and tell me!

6. TopicDogg

TopicDogg Very Important Catt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +48
    I usually don't like walls of text and especially if they are written in an annoying color but *TopicDogg likes this*

7. anvildash

anvildash Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134

8. SuburbSomeone

SuburbSomeone Shrubby Tycoon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    I am most well known for teaming in SG too much

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    What would you say that you’re the most well known for on the server? Post interesting and creative responses in the comments below!

My extreme avid posting on suggestions and forum use. I'm literally 1 of 2 people on the top posting list that haven't been staff before. I also have posted on every single suggestion I've come across.

Topic?!?! You back?

10. Quieted

Quieted Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    I'm not well known tyvm

11. TheN00BISHPanda

TheN00BISHPanda Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +622

Absolutely nothing! :)

12. SuburbSomeone

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    I voted no on the poll, but after understanding it a little more, i'd vote yes instead

13. SuburbSomeone

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    course you are!

14. Quieted

Quieted Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    For what? lol

15. SuburbSomeone

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    for being quiet.....ed

16. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132

Nothing. Possibly my auto-farm but that was left for time to bury it, as I don't use it much anymore making little profit.

#16 12345shane, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  17. Lee1104

Lee1104 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +322

10 TICKET OP!

18. bhwebworld

bhwebworld Builder

Ratings:
    +51
    Being an 11 year old President :D

19. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Being the Daftest. Also, having the best puns.

20. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    It's because you're too quiet.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List