A Rich Man’s Guide to Eff7 Mining

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by Capbo_, Dec 5, 2017.

1. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    I make 20 per hr with an eff 5.. something tells me you are not doing something right?

2. Black_Cod35

Black_Cod35 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +210
    If you are making that much money with an eff5 then ur the one doin something wrong:confused:

#22 Black_Cod35, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  3. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    I really doubt that... what’s your strat

4. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    Search the forums Long and hard and you will find your answer....

Avg 16k-18k max 20k

5. Redpandapenguin

Redpandapenguin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +87
    Wasn't it something with mendiboy or something? I have never recorded how much I make per hour with a eff5 but I feel like it's pretty close to that of a eff7.

6. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    Look folks there is a reason I don’t own an eff7 pick...

The math speaks for itself...

7. cheese_ball_3

cheese_ball_3 Çhêê§ê lðrÐ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +487
    Teach me the ways master ajp

8. Hermeslol

Hermeslol Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +33
    Can confirm this.

Thing is, McMMO skills + features are more beneficial to eff5 as opposed to eff7. This goes aswell for fly in my opinion. Cave mining makes up for the most minerals when using an eff5, something fly is fantastic for. Sure, McMMO perks and fly is good for eff7 mining, but for eff5 it will give you more. This swings the other way for some features like erepiar, for obvious reasons, but my point still stands.

This however I personally don't agree with, but it can differ from person to person (features). It will take some mining to offset the price of the pickaxe, sure, but it in the long run it will be worth it (+10k-15k?!). If you're new to the server with little to no features of course my argument punctures, but hey this is for "a rich man" and not a man of mediocre wealth (duh).

9. Black_Cod35

Black_Cod35 Builder

Ratings:
    +210
    Well one thing is when I calculate my average for mining with eff7, I don't include the Money I get with exp. Additionally, I don't think I've ever gotten lower than 15k per hour with eff7, including exp. Realistically, at least for me, I average 25-30kper hour, 35k with ideal conditions (includes exp).

#29 Black_Cod35, Jan 16, 2018
  10. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    Eff 5 max fortune with erepair. 15k for pick
    First hour pays for pick then profit... let’s say 18k p/hr x 60hrs give or take gives you 1mil.

Eff7 max silk pick + eff 5 max fortune = 1.2 mil

Let’s say you avg 27k p hr. It would take you 44.5 hrs just to pay for the picks... then another 27 hrs to make 1 mil profit.

Basically what your saying is a “rich” man would already have an eff7 pick... what I’m saying is you can in theory become a rich man in less time without it.. Now if you want to play lotto... gamble... or take out loans to obtain the funds to get an eff7 pick you are likely extended you profitable time even longer and risking putting yourself into a deeper hole.

I’m providing a real alternative for all players to become “rich” without having to even purchase an eff 7 pick in the first place. So in a sense they would be ultimately condsidred a “rich person” as man or woman.

Granted in the end an eff7 does make 25% more per hour... I still don’t see how a 80% price difference makes it worth while...

#30 ajp79, Jan 16, 2018
  11. cheese_ball_3

cheese_ball_3 Çhêê§ê lðrÐ

Ratings:
    +487
    Bragging rights

12. Black_Cod35

Black_Cod35 Builder

Ratings:
    +210
    I still disagree. Star tools are meant to be something a lot more convenient. For people like me, who have little time to play ecc on weekdays, an eff7 is something I can quickly mind for 30 min and create profit. An eff5 is terrible at that.

It is true that an eff7 is 1.2 mil and an eff5 is 15k, but over time, an eff7 will ultimately make you more money.
    I can garuntee that an eff7 helps me find far more resources than an eff5 pick would, which makes it ideal for builders and town owners (these resources include finding more mineshafts, spawned, and rare ores.). Additionally, I get bored easily with a slow eff5. With an eff7, I don't feel as bored, because I have to ability to break many blocks.

Profit aside, the fun part about an eff7 is having to work hard in order to obtain one. Having an eff7 for me is far more rewarding than having an eff5

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Black_Cod35

Black_Cod35 Builder

Ratings:
    +210
    However I do agree with you on one thing.

An eff5 is probably more profitable in the beginning, and is especially rewarding for new players.
    As you grow on Ecco you will need more demand for resources, wether it be money, exp, ores, etc, and an eff5 just won't suffice.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #33 Black_Cod35, Jan 16, 2018
  14. Utopial

Utopial Builder

Ratings:
    +12
    What you have said is true. What is also important to consider, however, is overall profit for a consistent player. To make the math more intuitive, say that eff5's make 10,000$ an hour, while eff7's make 12500. Eff7's take a great deal longer to pay for themselves than eff5's, as you said. However, as the # of hours that you mine increases, the difference becomes increasingly noticeable. 1000 hours of mining with eff5 at 10k/hr gives you 10 mil, whereas the eff7 would've given you 12.5mil. ETC.

NOTE:
    I didn't make it especially obvious so if you were skimming, I do know that 10k/hr and 12.5k/hr are not accurate representations of eff5 and eff7 profits. Those numbers were merely chosen for intuitive math.

NOTE2:
    I went into far more depth than was required for this comment and I apologize for this. Going to post anyway. Good-day!

15. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    I do because only rich mans should follow this

#35 Capbo_, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  16. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    I’m rich... that’s the point.. regardless of how you look at it. You can make just as much money (unless you are given an eff7 pic for free) in the grand scheme of it. Yes maybe it’s quicker and more efficient once you get one... but you still had to pay 80 times more for it then you would an eff5 pic. By the time you make enough to buy one... I will have made the same if not more with an eff5 and only about 10k less an hour after.

Being rich doesn’t mean you have to be stupid!

#36 ajp79, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  17. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    I’m already stupid

18. Debt_

Debt_ Builder

Ratings:
    +321
    eff7s may take longer to breakeven, but after breakeven, you still make 18k per hour, eff7s still make 27k per hour. it's a long term investment, not to mention you can sell it.

just randomly let's say after 200 hours of mining, since you clearly have so much experience on the server and mining in general, you will have made about 3.6m with an eff5 given eff5 mining making 18k/hr

eff7 would have made 5.4m at 27k/hr, minus 1.2m cost, still 4.2m, 600k more than your eff5.

you get a little headstart, but you lose the race buddy

#38 Debt_, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  19. Debt_

Debt_ Builder

Ratings:
    +321
    not to mention you cocky as fuck buddy

20. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    Wait so 200hrs for 600k.. ok buddy...

So for roughly 3k more an hour for those 200 hours... I mean by your logic that is what you are stating right? I mean come on you know better then that man you’ve been here too long to actually call me out.. and that is the best you come up with?? Lol

Not to mention the risk of losing it.. being scammed.. falling in lava.. getting it repaired safely... etc.. sure you can buy features to prevent that but then there goes your 600k and more.. look I don’t pretend to be an expert at anything nor am I saying my methods are for everyone... I’m just offering an alternative beyond the obsession with “Star” tools. Yeah I know for some it’s hard to swallow. But if all you are doing is mining then an eff5 pic is simply a better option. That’s it...

So...yes...I am cocky... very cocky... mind blowing cocky. So cocky your brain hurts imagining how cocky I really am. When it comes to certain aspects of this game on this server.. yeah.. I would agree with that..Relax take a deep breath and try again my young friend...

#40 ajp79, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018